Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1008
  1. #621

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by venja View Post
    I don't think that I've had this "wow" reaction for Virtue & Moir for a long time. I can't believe how much lighter they are on their feet, kind of in the leagues of Davis & White. This lightness, the autopilot mode (not thinking throughout the program), and not fighting the blade made them seem like they were just flying over the ice - something that I have been missing from them for a while.
    They were in Nice

    Side note, but can someone please give Meryl a cookie. Her arms and face are looking so emaciated to me it's scary.
    Judges will gite to her one after her amazing FD

    For shan/ To made thread more positive. I wish Meryl will look happy after FD and not be upset by Tessa, who isnt in her leage at all. This most beautifull woman in the World deserve more, then she get. Good luck Meryl, good luck Charlie - best ever!

    Is this enough to stop you made Secret Sourse threads less negative after V-M beat D-W at least in one segment in one competition of the season?

    Rafter, feel free and dont pay attention to D-W FSU police

    Must say iam very happy for Kevin today. Yes, maybe he isnt great skater, but he work so hard on this quads, he work so hard on his skating, so i am happy his time came at least.

    And its so long untill FD ish all skater to show thgere best tomorrow.
    And wish V-M to show clean, free and emotional FD. And i will support them with all my passion. Good said, Sott - the most important to show season best skating an ddont pay attention on marks.

  2. #622

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,683
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7944
    Is this enough to stop you made Secret Sourse threads less negative after V-M beat D-W at least in one segment in one competition of the season?
    First of all, this sentence makes no sense. I don't think commenting that something is negative makes a thread negative. Second of all I don't think it's helpful or appropriate to discuss the weight of skaters (whether it's too little or too much). Especially when the discussion is in such a mocking way. There are so many other things to talk about besides that issue. If you think speaking up for a particular skater makes me the police, so be it.

  3. #623

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    First of all, this sentence makes no sense. I don't think commenting that something is negative makes a thread negative. Second of all I don't think it's helpful or appropriate to discuss the weight of skaters (whether it's too little or too much). Especially when the discussion is in such a mocking way. There are so many other things to talk about besides that issue. If you think speaking up for a particular skater makes me the police, so be it.
    Happy, you get my message. Its alwayse good, when people talking about something in open places
    Plus all we need to pay more attention to our words, then to teach other posters
    Then who discuss the weight of your idol?
    OK, i will read, what do you think about this in SS. Who will be faster to get there?

  4. #624

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,683
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7944
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Happy, you get my message. Its alwayse good, when people talking about something in open places
    Plus all we need to pay more attention to our words, then to teach other posters
    Then who discuss the weight of your idol?
    OK, i will read, what do you think about this in SS. Who will be faster to get there?
    No one is trying to teach other posters anything. In fact you seem to be the one always telling people what to do and not to do. And no skater is my idol. Speaking up for a skater doesn't mean that I idolize them.

  5. #625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Why is the competition not on any of my channels this weekend? I am in Canada & cannot find it on TSN or CTV or CBC? HELP!!

  6. #626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    584
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    CBC had rights for this event and they chose not to air until ?March. No idea why, but very disappointing, because can't find it on NBC either

  7. #627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    CBC had rights for this event and they chose not to air until ?March. No idea why, but very disappointing, because can't find it on NBC either


    Ok just found that CBC will air the FCC Feb 23rd & 24th on CBC.....damn I wanted it this weekend.
    Guess NBC is not airing it live this weekend either then?

  8. #628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    LOL did D&W really get 118 points at their Nationals?? No way they got that, that is painfully obvious the judges were trying to inflate the scores then, that is a little ridiculous actually omg lol

  9. #629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    584
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes. They skated superbly. Aren't marks usually elevated in all Nat's? Except, Tracy Wilson said, for T/S

  10. #630
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Yes. They skated superbly. Aren't marks usually elevated in all Nat's? Except, Tracy Wilson said, for T/S
    Elevated yes, to that ridiculous an extreme.......no!
    V&M did not even get near that for their Olympic Gold Medal performance, that was blatantly trying to tell the European judges for Worlds that D&W should be the winners lol

  11. #631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,410
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi---I don't want anyone to think that I am acting as "police" for this site or the Davis/White site. I just wanted a separate site for those of us who are crazy about both teams. I realize that someone will win and someone will not and hard feelings are almost unavoidable. The love thread is just that--no matter what happens we(who post there) love them all. The separate V/M and D/W threads are good as not everyone loves both teams and because judging is subjective and should be debated. And it goes without saying that you want to show love for your team. Ok--that is all I wanted to say.

  12. #632

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    So no backstage photo from 4CC?
    Who will be watching FD "live" tomorrow?

  13. #633

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Hi---I don't want anyone to think that I am acting as "police" for this site or the Davis/White site. I just wanted a separate site for those of us who are crazy about both teams. I realize that someone will win and someone will not and hard feelings are almost unavoidable. The love thread is just that--no matter what happens we(who post there) love them all. The separate V/M and D/W threads are good as not everyone loves both teams and because judging is subjective and should be debated. And it goes without saying that you want to show love for your team. Ok--that is all I wanted to say.
    Now you could find both teams thread, so no problem
    And sorry, but in this thread i feel free to wish V-M to win at any competition n to get every time personal best
    And if i want discuss some PCS what is wrong with this?
    Yes, i couldnt be happy with V-M lose. So maybe i need to made pani rules thread

  14. #634
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    584
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Pani, you go, girl

  15. #635
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    [...] I don't think it's helpful or appropriate to discuss the weight of skaters (whether it's too little or too much). Especially when the discussion is in such a mocking way. There are so many other things to talk about besides that issue. If you think speaking up for a particular skater makes me the police, so be it.
    shan, I absolutely agree with you. I think it is entirely inappropriate and rude and I would rather not see that kind of thing in this thread.

  16. #636
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Thanks Slowly, these seemingly random strings of letters and numbers are starting to be more clear.

    I keep thinking about how they say that every movement has a purpose, even if the audience/fans don't see it. If that's the case, maybe the "rushed" ending is meant to be that way? I agree it looks too sudden, but I wonder if there's some meaning or reason behind it.
    That's interesting. I would love to see them do a breakdown of the moves in this dance, to tell us more about what the movements mean to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I agree - in the end, the marks don't matter. It's how they (and we the fans) felt after they skated. I am in such awe of them. I don't know what I will do with myself once they retire.
    You are so right. I feel like it is a blessing just to see them skate such incredible programs.
    and maybe we can form a support group for when they retire?

  17. #637

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    shan, I absolutely agree with you. I think it is entirely inappropriate and rude and I would rather not see that kind of thing in this thread.
    But this was post not in D-W thread. Plus - this was joke and maybe someone need to have better sense of humor.
    Why you didnt post nothing, when D-W fans wrighte long posts on GS and on FSU about "big" Tessa? And they are not joking But nobody could post truth about Meryl, why?

    In any case, i dont care about all this "we must love D-W" and i am dont feel me guilty if i will not watch there FD tomorrow And all this D-W fans did with me

  18. #638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But this was post not in D-W thread. Plus - this was joke and maybe someone need to better sense of humor.
    Why you didnt post nothing, when D-W fans wrighte long posts on GS and on FSU about "big" Tessa? And they are not joking But nobody could post truth about Meryl, why?

    In any case, i dont care about all this "we must love D-W" and i am dont feel me guilty if i will not watch there FD tomorrow And all this D-W fans did with me
    I was not there for those discussions. I have not been able to keep up with FSU as much as I would like to, and I rarely check Goldenskate and do not post there. Anyways, to quote Shayii, who I believe said it best, that doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level. I am fine with comments on the actual skating, but I hate personal attacks. And I have said something to the D&W ubers who continually bash Tessa and Scott and their fans. Trust me, I am not saying that the nastiness is confined to one uber thread--quite the opposite, actually.

    Anyways, I don't believe shan or anyone else was saying that you or anyone here have to love D&W. We just like to keep the discussion respectful and focused on the skating and avoid personal attacks.

  19. #639

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,716
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Anyways, I don't believe shan or anyone else was saying that you or anyone here have to love D&W. We just like to keep the discussion respectful and focused on the skating and avoid personal attacks.
    I know, you are very kind person, but i dont see any personal attacks in this thread.
    If someone think discussion how D-W could have higher PCS with explanation is "personal attack" and made this thread full of negative -its OK
    But its funny how some posters, who have even in signature "personal attack" against Scott - you didnt tell nothing to her. So why not to let other person to joke a little?

    Hate when this thraed become moralist lections. I wish to talk more about V-M here. Why we didnt have any practice reports from Japon?

  20. #640
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's not interesting to suggest Meryl needs a cookie and it's not interesting to have a signature calling Scott Moir a douchebag. Maybe we could just take all these posters out back and have them shot.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •