Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Really? I'm actually preferring the Nationals one right now. Everything seemed perfect there, the twizzles, the yankee polka, everything. And I also miss the hug.
    i miss the hug too
    but i always felt it kinda looked awkward

vCash
    i felt like every single thing matched the music perfectly, twirls to twirling notes. playful changes of arm holds to playful changes of notes. such sophisticated romance to open the short dance. such joy in the yankee polka, i almost thought they liked it. ease, elegance, grace . . . everything worked. not saying nationals wasn't "glorious" but this was the first time - i - saw how glorious that program became since the gpf.
    Last edited by iggie; 02-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    I love this edition of SD. ITA, iggie. Haven's seen this much joy on their faces in any previous performances of this SD. They are magnificent.

vCash
    notice, i haven't touched the scores. i don't care. i am over-the-moon happy that i have that program to watch to my heart's content

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    notice, i haven't touched the scores. i don't care. i am over-the-moon happy that i have that program to watch to my heart's content
    Lol. I have to say I was very happy to see how pleased they looked both during the performance and afterwards.

vCash
    I thought Scott overdid the facial expressions a bit in this outing, but otherwise, I liked it.

vCash
    This was the best performance of the season so far for them. My God, the step sequence! I'm okay with them scratching the hug, it felt redundant. I like every change they made. Every single one. Who else tweaks their programs as much and as effectively as these two?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Can someone teach me a little on how to read the results? Like, you guys always talk of them getting level 4's, but all I see are 1's, 2's, and 3's haha. I'm a newbie at this.
    I found it confusing at first, too, but it starts to make sense once you get used to it, I promise just to add to what has already been posted, the Ys and Ns tell us whether or not the team hit that key point (Y=yes, N=no). This way, we know which key point was missed in the case of a team that received lower than a level 4 on that section of the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I thought Scott overdid the facial expressions a bit in this outing, but otherwise, I liked it.
    agree. He has yet to find his groove with the polka, imo. Tessa was perfect, though, imo

Shayii, I can't decide which version of the SD I liked better! I think they were both amazing!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 02-09-2013 at 03:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Can you just buy the water bottle? I don't need anything at Canadian Tire--certainly not anything over $35. I still have the Patrick Chan water bottle, so I would like to complete the collection.
    not sure if you can. btw, this is for Saturday, not sure if I mentioned that in the original post. remember to get there well before noon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    You can "buy" the water bottle for $35 and consider whatever you bought as the "free" item.
    hehe. honestly, I was trying to find something to buy just so I could get the water bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Hehe - I can't believe that you remember how much I fixate on Scott's hair!
    haha, I love it, though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Side note, but can someone please give Meryl a cookie. Her arms and face are looking so emaciated to me it's scary.
    Can we avoid these types of comments?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    btw is the fd tomorow? or sunday?
    cant wait for v/m to blow everything out of the water with their fd
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 02-09-2013 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Can we avoid these types of comments?
    I agree.

Anyway, wasn't Tessa glorious today? It's kind of her dance and she owns it. I love their smiles during the peek-a-boo section. I loved the not-touching sequence, they were so close! I loved everything. Love the peek-a-boo theme is present throughout the program. They're programs are so intellectual, aren't they? There's always concept they explore and explore well. They truly study their dances, it's such a pleasure to watch a team that takes the time to study a program, to see which nuances need to be highlighted, e.g. the nose-touching, the peek-a-boo, her hands and free-leg extensions, all of his lines and postures. Sure, he might have overdone it a bit at times, but that's who he is and he wouldn't be the best male ice dancer in the world if didn't get so much into it. It's playful and so them. It's not even about characters, it's them showing off their strengths, which are infinite.

Watching it again, I actually liked the ending here better than at Nationals?

I think they're doing a ballet next season. I mean, god, they have too. It's all there.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    btw is the fd tomorow? or sunday?
    cant wait for v/m to blow everything out of the water with their fd
    It's a 6 am EST Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think they're doing a ballet next season. I mean, god, they have too. It's all there.
    A Swann-aided Black (Swan) Lake?

vCash
    Have you guys seen this picture? It is my favorite V/M picture now, I mean just look at it! It's so beautiful and the way he's clutching her dress…faints. After talking to Misha and watching the SD vid again, I agree this was their best outing. At first I thought Nationals was better, then like BKF I couldn't decide, but now I think this version is just amazing!

vCash
    Nice pix, Shayii. Tess's costumes are always so gorgeous .. who makes them? Wish both of them all the best in the 4CC LP. It's gonna be nail biting for the gold.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I found it confusing at first, too, but it starts to make sense once you get used to it, I promise just to add to what has already been posted, the Ys and Ns tell us whether or not the team hit that key point (Y=yes, N=no). This way, we know which key point was missed in the case of a team that received lower than a level 4 on that section of the pattern.
    Thanks Slowly, these seemingly random strings of letters and numbers are starting to be more clear.

I keep thinking about how they say that every movement has a purpose, even if the audience/fans don't see it. If that's the case, maybe the "rushed" ending is meant to be that way? I agree it looks too sudden, but I wonder if there's some meaning or reason behind it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I agree - in the end, the marks don't matter. It's how they (and we the fans) felt after they skated. I am in such awe of them. I don't know what I will do with myself once they retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I agree - in the end, the marks don't matter. It's how they (and we the fans) felt after they skated. I am in such awe of them. I don't know what I will do with myself once they retire.
    WORD. When they skate like this, I can honestly say that I don't care about scores or placement.

vCash
    I don't think that I've had this "wow" reaction for Virtue & Moir for a long time. I can't believe how much lighter they are on their feet, kind of in the leagues of Davis & White. This lightness, the autopilot mode (not thinking throughout the program), and not fighting the blade made them seem like they were just flying over the ice - something that I have been missing from them for a while.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast