Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Um, I don't know.
    Apologies - don't worry about it. The issue came up about 18 months ago in another thread. Hope admin can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I wasn't aware that was a rule. If it is, it hasn't been strictly enforced, because other fan threads in this section and many general discussion threads in GSD have links to current competition videos (like the country-specific skating threads and the Sandhu returning to competition thread). My understanding is that the admins don't want people starting discussion threads or doing play-by-play out here during a competition, because it wastes bandwith, but it seems to be accepted practice to discuss current events in the skater-specific threads with the accompanying posts of relevant videos, photos, articles, results, tweets, etc.
    Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Loved seeing Hallejuah live. So much better than watching on TV.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/police-...otel-1.1122096 i dont know why they added tessa and scott's picture to this article

vCash
    I don't know, but that picture is dreamy.

vCash
    I'll be on the lookout for a cut cheek when I watch the gala on TSN next week

It is odd that they showed Scott and Tessa and seeing how they were the only discipline that hadn't finished competition, I doubt any ice dancers were involved.

vCash
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...in/photostream just going through some photos from today FD! It was honestly AMAZING to see live.

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Maybe Nam Nguyen beat up one of those pairs men. You can never be too sure about those little guys. They can be feisty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Maybe Nam Nguyen beat up one of those pairs men. You can never be too sure about those little guys. They can be feisty.
    My mother and I were joking that it was Nam too! :-)

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Home after an exciting day. Now re-living it via TV recordings.

Lost my internet connection at the rink just before the competition began. I am beginning to think they may shut down the service to avoid risk of people secretly streaming the event, or because it may interfere with the wireless TV cameras and/or other wireless services (like the SSID wireless I once saw called "judges upload"). Hmmmm, does anyone need a few scores changed?

The Choreo lift was better than what I saw at practices. There, I could not clearly see Tessa's legs around Scott (they were at the opposite end of the rink, with Scott's back to me, and other skaters moving across my view). I wasn't sure how the lift would fit into the story, but now it makes more sense.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    as much as i miss the old choreo lift, the new one is hot http://25.media.tumblr.com/4e07238b9...6wwzo1_500.jpg

vCash
    I love how Tessa and Scott set up Carmen. She's very feral.

I won't deny preferring the previous choreo-lift - very much in tune with the FD's portrait of power dynamics - but this one obviously flows better. Would've been fascinating to see this one on the backhalf of the opening curve lift, though.

The twizzles just happen with so little preparation it's rather astonishing.

Has Scott always covered his face with the final pose? Because it's one of those remarkable details (as if he can't believe Carmen has brought him so low and is ashamed) that just make this dance (like Scott holding his heart during the circ steps sequence). Also everything else going on, but seriously, this choreography is so layered and nuanced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...in/photostream just going through some photos from today FD! It was honestly AMAZING to see live.
    Yea, that's hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    as much as i miss the old choreo lift, the new one is hot http://25.media.tumblr.com/4e07238b9...6wwzo1_500.jpg
    Even hotter! Holy smokes! How can we possibly miss the old lift when they give us this?

vCash
    Thanks for the pics Dani and the review rvi5. I'm glad you guys got to see this live, wish I was so lucky. Anyways I seriously can't wait for 4CC to witness the continuous evolution of this masterpiece. And rainbow that picture…it looks like she's straddling him lol.

vCash
    Finally watched the FD. Holy smokes they were hot hot hot hot hot! Love the new choreo lift, it really continues the excitement and climax of their previous lift right to the end pose which was what lacked a little during their previous outings. The whole dance's flow was really well and streamlined, and have I mentioned that it's hot hot hot hot hot!!!?

Carmen is such a departure from their previous programs I am not sure how their Olympic FD is going to top it O_O...

vCash
    Thank you all for reviews and videos! I am happy you enjoy this FD "live" and could see best skating during this season.
    They gave even more sex now. And i think now all elements work with with music really well.
    Still need to compare spin from GPF and Nationals.
    In protoclos from all events from this season it was - Sp (because they didnt change there foots). So for this spin ints 2 rotations in the same positions is enough. But in protoclos from Nationals its CoSp (its when couple change there feet during spin) so in CoSp they need to do full 3 rotations in every position. So what is truth? Did they change spin after GPF? I didnt see this.
    Last edited by pani; 01-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Did Scott said hi to Charlie and Meryl in K&C?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you all for reviews and videos! I am happy you enjoy this FD "live" and could see best skating during this season.
    They gave even more sex now. And i think now all elements work with with music really well.
    Still need to compare spin from GPF and Nationals.
    In protoclos from all events from this season it was - Sp (because they didnt change there foots). So for this spin ints 2 rotations in the same positions is enough. But in protoclos from Nationals its CoSp (its when couple change there feet during spin) so in CoSp they need to do full 3 rotations in every position. So what is truth? Did they change spin after GPF? I didnt see this.
    Good catch. I just looked the once and don't see any difference between the spins but yes, in all their other events it was called SP4 and here CoSP1. I don't see any change of foot in the spin at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Did Scott said hi to Charlie and Meryl in K&C?
    Couldn't pick out first name but thought second sounded like Charlotte.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Good catch. I just looked the once and don't see any difference between the spins but yes, in all their other events it was called SP4 and here CoSP1. I don't see any change of foot in the spin at Nationals.
    Just watched it also and there definitely wasn't a change of foot.. Another scoring error?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Just watched it also and there definitely wasn't a change of foot.. Another scoring error?
    That's what I´m wondering as well. Same spin yet only here it was called a CoSp. Adding that to the mistake with the choreography lift where most teams got a time deduction because whoever did the timing was using the wrong time limit. Makes you wonder how much experience some of the panel had. I know they have to pass tests and are not stupid but inexperience can lead to mistakes or they mistook the swinging of their legs as a change of foot because most teams are doing a CoSp? Too bad Marina didn't challenge it like Alaine Chartrands coach so we could know for certain.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast