Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Next step - D-W far better (on 4 pints only at GPF and 10 at Nationals).
    If D-W both donate they can be 12 pints. V-M also can reach by donate same 12 pints. blood donation is good for Worlds. Carmen is hot blood

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    pani, you changed your post after I started writing my response. It's not about you. Trust me.

The pro V/M faction: Hugh Nationals scoring means that the fix is in. V/M didn't against D/W at the GPF and V/M should've had higher PCS there. The fix is in to prevent them from winning 4CC and Worlds.

The pro D/W faction: Canada is the biggest federation in the World hosting the pre-Olympic championship. There is no way the hometown favourites (skating literally in her hometown) are gonna lose. The judges are going to give it to them no matter how perfect D/W are.

My point: both groups behave similarly. It's not about being nice. I remember reading Golden Skate after Nice - it was unpleasant (though not as bad as it is now regarding Osmond. You'd assume she killed the puppies of the World the way they talk about her). And in the end, the group that wins is able to hold the "moral" high ground - we see it all the time. But what's the point in anticipating the worst? What pleasure do you get out of thinking bad things over the next two months?
    Some wise word here about both groups and about Osmond too. Let's all exhale!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    And in the end, the group that wins is able to hold the "moral" high ground - we see it all the time. But what's the point in anticipating the worst? What pleasure do you get out of thinking bad things over the next two months?
    ugh some v/m haters are so self-righteous its sooo annoying. they should really get over scott's comments at gpf/wtt but i guess that just shows that they're obsessed with v/m

Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    If D-W both donate they can be 12 pints. V-M also can reach by donate same 12 pints. blood donation is good for Worlds. Carmen is hot blood
    omgg that will sure help with the 'moral' high ground

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Really, all this whining when nothing has really happened only makes you (and the V-M online fan base by association).
    d/w fanbase is just as bad (you guys dont know how many times i got harassed by d/w fans on tumblr/twitter/lj and other communities) and if they get to complain about v/m's scores then we get to complain about d/w's scores because you know, the judges created level 6s just for d/w and i wouldnt be surprised if d/w are the first team to get 11pcs

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Virtue

HAHAHA, LOL, of course, someone had to insert picture with "their inovated short dance"
    it doesnt say innovated tho

you meant renovated right?

anyways someone should update their page with a photo of their carmen routine

Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    it might, but again, like i said, c/l dont have the artistry and talent of v/m, so even if the choreo would've been generic, v/m would've at least elevated it to a higher level. maybe not to the artistic level like it is now, but certainly not as plain as c/l's. i think that if igor were around to look on the tech side of things, stuff like the downgrade on the spin might have been caught/worked on earlier. wasnt it known that he was the technician on that team?

i just think that the combo of marina + swan + igor would've had a more powerful and efficient impact on carmen.
    sorry i meant the choreography would look like c/l's (i remember awhile back in the other threads people were speculating that c/l got v/m's scrapped carmen)

eta: if v/m do lose with carmen, it will be sad that they would lose to ND of all routines. d/w can do better.
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 01-27-2013 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    So what's the highest combined SD and FD score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    imo i dont think they would've brought in jennifer swan if igor wasnt fired

i hope scott doesnt gel his hair at 4cc he looks so much hotter with long ungelled hair
    http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/I...zJdxlhS2Wl.jpg
    He looks great either way, but I agree that he looks better without gelled hair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    So what's the highest combined SD and FD score?
    This season? 119.5 (FD perfect score) + 81 (SD perfect score) = 200.5

But in the 10/11 season the GW was worth more, so it was slightly higher. Last season was the same as this one re SD, but the scoring choreo-lift was added.

rainbowkisses, I absolutely agree. Some D/W fans take it too far. So do some V/M fans. It's how fandom works on one extreme end.

vCash
    This season? 119.5 (FD perfect score) + 81 (SD perfect score) = 200.5

But in the 10/11 season the GW was worth more, so it was slightly higher. Last season was the same as this one re SD, but the scoring choreo-lift was added.

rainbowkisses, I absolutely agree. Some D/W fans take it too far. So do some V/M fans. It's how fandom works on one extreme end.
    Thanks - I really hope that Virtue and Moir can break 200 because I think that they deserve it, but I doubt that it will happen. That said, their Mahler program got all 3's on their lifts, so maybe it's possible?

vCash
    it doesnt say innovated tho

you meant renovated right?

anyways someone should update their page with a photo of their carmen routine
    Yep, I meant renovated.

My english sucks

But I agree with you about that they should update their page with Carmen routine.

vCash
    Zoueva interview at USA Natioanls.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

"In the beginning of their career, not many people thought they would be able to be world champions, because when they started out, all elite [ice dancers] were tall, long legged and a different type physically," said Zoueva, who trains the team in Canton, Mich. "And we did it. Eleven years I've worked with them, and we did it. Now, everyone thinks a petite girl is better than long and tall."
    Poor Tessa

When asked if Davis and White were the best at their craft, Zoueva -- who also coaches Davis and White's main rivals, world and Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir -- demurred.

"It is very hard to say who is best because figure skating is 50 percent sport, 50 percent art," she said. "And the 50 percent art, you can't say exactly. People are different; it is subjective. But definitely, for [an] audience who love the style that Meryl and Charlie represent, they are the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Thanks - I really hope that Virtue and Moir can break 200 because I think that they deserve it, but I doubt that it will happen. That said, their Mahler program got all 3's on their lifts, so maybe it's possible?
    It's not merely about getting all threes. It's about getting that and virtually all tens over two programs. 200 is just HUGE. No one has even broken 190 after the CDs were dropped.

vCash
    Did anyone record the nats gala? I forgot to watch it, and I'd love to see them doing Gangnam style haha.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Did anyone record the nats gala? I forgot to watch it, and I'd love to see them doing Gangnam style haha.
    tsn didnt show all the finale (because it sucks) and i dont think they showed tessa and scott doing gangnam style because i couldnt spot them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    When asked if Davis and White were the best at their craft, Zoueva -- who also coaches Davis and White's main rivals, world and Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir -- demurred.

"It is very hard to say who is best because figure skating is 50 percent sport, 50 percent art," she said. "And the 50 percent art, you can't say exactly. People are different; it is subjective. But definitely, for [an] audience who love the style that Meryl and Charlie represent, they are the best."
    I like this quote from Marina Zoueva, i think she wasn't being politically correct as the reporter makes it sound she was, and besides what she says is only the truth. Davis/White have many good qualities and it's understandable if some think of them as the best. Their new program is not bad (much better than the one they had last year) and their performance is enjoyable, even though I have some reserve about the final part, it’s quite noisy and kitschy. As far as I remember, the musical is not like that, it’s tear-jerking, perhaps, but not in bad taste. Tessa and Scott creates real art with their FD, but let’s not forget that a skating competition, normally, is not about art but about an "artistic impression", which is very different. I expect the judges to mark the ice dancers according to the COP rules, nothing more. A competition is based on rules, so it’s something very very far from the idea of artistic freedom. If you want artistic freedom, search it in art galleries, etc. (:

YEAH!
    vCash
    What do you expect, for Zoueva to go to the US Nationals and say V&M are the best? If anyone should be concerned, it's the Shibutanis:
    Zoueva shrugged off the result.

"Second, third, whatever," she said. "We have lots of stuff to put in the program, even for the next competition. I am real happy with how they did. We have lots of deductions; if they have no deductions, they are second. I will fix."
    If she likes deductions so much she must have been thrilled after Canadian Nationals.

vCash
    tsn didnt show all the finale (because it sucks) and i dont think they showed tessa and scott doing gangnam style because i couldnt spot them
    Aw, oh well. How was Hallelujah?

vCash
    Marina basically said that for people who go for the style D-W represent, yeah, sure they are the best. Well said. I also loved that she mentioned that dance is 50% sport and 50% art and art is subjective. Look, whether she's pro-VM or not, I do not care and it doesn't matter. These skaters are adults and they know what they have to do. V-M have two fantastic programs, if skated to their potential, they're unbeatable.

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

I was there, and have it recorded from TV. Most of the Gala was shown, on TV except for the performance by the Nexxice syncro group and Patrick Chan's ending speech. Unfortunately, CTV showed the commentators talking through almost all of the finally where the skaters take turns doing lifts and jumps and spins. CTV did the same last year.

Being there, I recall Tessa and Scott getting a cheer while performing their traditional Goose lift. However I don't recall actually seeing them dancing to the Gangnam Style song. They must have been at the opposite end of the rink. I reviewed my recording, and can vaguely see them in one view dancing with the group to a different song, but not the Gangnam Style (I think).
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-28-2013 at 02:28 AM.

vCash
    Aw, oh well. How was Hallelujah?
    They skated it beautifully but the camerawork was kind of shoddy. I think they were trying to be creative in their shots (at least, I hope that's why we were getting so many shadow shots).

I can't believe we only have 13 more months of them competing. It makes me so sad but makes me want to enjoy their skating so much more now, while I can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Marina basically said that for people who go for the style D-W represent, yeah, sure they are the best. Well said. I also loved that she mentioned that dance is 50% sport and 50% art and art is subjective. Look, whether she's pro-VM or not, I do not care and it doesn't matter. These skaters are adults and they know what they have to do. V-M have two fantastic programs, if skated to their potential, they're unbeatable.
    Well said, Golightly.

Only two more weeks till 4CC. Whether you love or hate D/W and V/M, you have to love the rivalry and the excitement of seeing them go head-to-head against each other.

vCash
    I was at practice for the gala and the FD for the dancer hadn't taken place yet. The Gangnam music started off for the men who were to meet at centre ice. Once the first four of them "did their thing", everyone then got into the "horse-riding" stuff (at least that's what I call it). I chuckled a fair bit at Patrick's attempt to emulate how well E-man was doing it but to no avail. I am thinking that since the dancers weren't at practice, perhaps they didn't go any Gangnam? Just a thought, no real basis for such a leap. Maybe someone who stayed for the actual gala might know. I tried to watch the gala on YT but the person who had done up that video was following Kevin Reynolds for the most part.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast