Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,008 of 1008
    vCash
    This will probably make everyone cringe but after seeing what they did with Carmen I would LOVE to see them skate to Romeo and Juliet (Prokofiev). The music is fantastic and who better to play that couple than these two. Maybe an exhibition someday. I just really love what they were able to achieve with Carmen and think they could do a R&J program to make me forget A&P skated to it (and I loved the visuals in their program).

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I also agree that D&W and V&M should not have the same coaches. Tamara Moskvina was one of the only coaches I've ever seen who really seemed to manage to give her best equally to each team she worked with. There was never any discussion about the appearance that she favored one team over another.
    Moskvina is a brilliant coach of course, but it must be much easier to juggle top pairs. Landing jumps and throws is a lot more objective measure than hitting your levels. Clearly, a team like B&S is not going to wuzrob themselves for a performance like they had at the 1998 Olympics, but ice dancers rarely have that many major mistakes. Did K&D and B&S ever both go clean in a competition (as D&W and V&M have so many times)? I think the feeling at the time was that B&S had better skating skills and choreography and would win if clean, but if both teams don't usually skate clean at the same time, then it becomes more about competing with themselves to do their best than about worrying what programs the coach gave them.

I would be fascinated to hear some insight on the psychological differences between ice dancers who have always trained with their rivals (V&M) and ice dancers who have, at least at some point, been their coach's unquestionably top team (A&P, for example). V&M have always had rivals. B&A were there until 2008, and then in 2009 V&M were beaten by D&W at 4CC. They never had a time when they weren't competing directly with training mates.

Sometimes I wonder if they ever have the feeling that they cannot have complete honesty between them and the coaching team. For example, did Tessa have to downplay her injuries because her rivals were right there? If they hadn't been there, would she have approached things differently with Marina and Igor? Did it help her to put the pain out of her mind in 2009-10 season because she had to be "on" every day in practice? What about when they have quite normal feelings of lacking confidence in their programs and performances? Do they feel like if they say that in front of D&W it will motivate D&W to know that V&M are beatable? Or when they have to change choreography, do they feel like the advice they get from Marina may be a double edged sword because she doesn't care who wins? I just find it all so interesting how it could feel completely different for a team who feels like their coach is 100% unwaveringly in their corner and does not want anyone else to win ever.

vCash
    Really good points, Cherub

vCash
    Love is not a victory march will be the new title, is it ok for you? although i miss its connection with Tessa and Scott (:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Love is not a victory march will be the new title, is it ok for you? although i miss its connection with Tessa and Scott (:
    It's a lyric from "Hallelujah".

vCash
    Could someone tsrat new thread? I like this title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    It's a lyric from "Hallelujah".
    yep, but sounds a little out of place or pessimistic, hehe. "Road to home" is somehow more epic. i'll use this!

vCash
    BTW, I just wanted to add that their performance to Halleluja was on totally another level this time as far as I could see.......It was ethereal and other-worldly and so beautifully skated. I was totally mesmerized like never before watching it. What a great come-back

I firmly believe they will be just awsome at Worlds. I really do have faith in them!
    Addicted to FSU

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051