Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1008

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think now we need more postive discussions. We could talk abouyt coaching changes after the end of the season. I only this T-S dont need to do World team throhy this year. But they alwayse wish to compete.

Now T-S will have a little rest, i think. And maybe they will made new exibition for home WCh. What this could be?
    Do you think they'll have a new ex or maybe bring back ANMHE? Since they're doing SOI again I expect them to have at least one new program. A part of me too hopes they wouldn't do WTT. The other selfish part wants them to so I can see them again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Do you think they'll have a new ex or maybe bring back ANMHE? Since they're doing SOI again I expect them to have at least one new program. A part of me too hopes they wouldn't do WTT. The other selfish part wants them to so I can see them again.
    Yes, i think they will show new exibition at WCh. And wll have two different numbers in CSOI. Maybe one number will be SD or FD.
    I think they will go to WTT, but i feel like they need to have some time for rest and start working on new programs before CSOI.

vCash
    I am not too concerned about not winning 4CC...every year it seems there is a panic, and then it comes to the world championships (or in 2010 the Olympics) and they peak and win... so they don't peak to early and win all the early events. C'est la vie!

Even if they do not win worlds I think their shot at Sochi is VERY strong. IF (b/c remember it has not happened yet) they win the silver and D/W win the gold at worlds that sets us up for a VERY exciting Olympics with two of the best teams ever coming in as two-time world champions. If (and again IF) they win worlds, D/W will be even hungrier for gold and the pressure will be even more on Tessa and Scott to win in Sochi as 3 time world champs. Of course it would be nice for them to win in London, but I am fine with whatever happens. Either team could be injured tomorrow...I wouldn't plan big coaching changes and panic about politics and posturing because of one event.

and no, I think they will keep their EX through worlds... they did ain't no mountain high enough at last year's worlds. Their ex seems special, I imagine they will want to skate it at the JLC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    V-M Carmen more hot than before There is lot off sex. when there is so much sex you need break. Then sex get better
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    [...] A little rub and off she´ll go on to *** worlds

vCash
    I was so happy to hear Scott and Tessa skated at the gala. Tessa looked so ethereal and happy during the skate - and almost like she was overcome with emotion at the end, the way you wish for all artist to feel at the end of a performance.

Let's all just try to enjoy them while we can and keep all the negativity at bay. They've won almost everything you can imagine in the sport and have achieved such amazing milestones at such a young age. Everything at this point is just icing on the cake

vCash
    P.S. We should probably decide on a new thread name ASAP. We're getting close to 1000 posts.

vCash
    I'm at work and I can't watch it. Did Tessa skate okay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I'm at work and I can't watch it. Did Tessa skate okay?
    She looked great to me.

Then again, look someone else said (can't remember who) I had no idea she was skating with the pain she was in during the Olympics. Tessa is nothing if not a fighter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    She looked great to me.

Then again, look someone else said (can't remember who) I had no idea she was skating with the pain she was in during the Olympics. Tessa is nothing if not a fighter.
    But do you remeber she said at OG during skating she was lucky to not feel this pain?
    I like how they wallzing at the finale. They wasnt shown a lot off time, but even this few moves look so easy and graceful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I was so happy to hear Scott and Tessa skated at the gala. Tessa looked so ethereal and happy during the skate - and almost like she was overcome with emotion at the end, the way you wish for all artist to feel at the end of a performance.

Let's all just try to enjoy them while we can and keep all the negativity at bay. They've won almost everything you can imagine in the sport and have achieved such amazing milestones at such a young age. Everything at this point is just icing on the cake
    I'll be honest it was hard for me yesterday. I wish I had read Jess's post beforehand and just stayed in our bubble in here (though it too has been infiltrated by some haters) because it's very ugly "outside" right now, very ugly. And it just made me sad for them; I've never been more happy they don't have social media outlets. But anyways I'm just glad Tessa's is ok and that performance of Hallelujah was on a completely different level than the past ones.

vCash
    that performance of Hallelujah was on a completely different level than the past ones.
    What do you mean, Shayii?

vCash
    It doesn't bother me. I do have a Twitter and a Tumblr and I have read nasty comments, but what can I do? I do not pay attention to them. What we cannot do is make the mistake of generalizing and assume that "the skating community hate Virtue and Moir now". You are playing right into their hands if you do that. All this negativity and bad energy hurts you more than them. So, really, ignore them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    What do you mean, Shayii?
    I'm not sure how to explain it Pani. There was something almost spiritual about it (I don't want to sound cheesy but that's the word that came to me). The emotion coming from the both of them I just felt it because they felt it; it's like they completely immersed themselves into this performance and forgot about everything that happened earlier. I'm sorry I don't know if what I just said made any sense.

ETA: Golightly, ignoring is the best but it can be hard sometimes. I actually don't have tumblr so I didn't see what's going on there. After reading a few comments on twitter yesterday I didn't go back. And I know forums to stay away from that are anti-V/M. What I wasn't expecting were some of the comments on YT and articles, but I will try to forget about it.
    Last edited by Shayii; 02-11-2013 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    I'm not sure how to explain it Pani. There was something almost spiritual about (I don't want to sound cheesy but that's the word that came to me). The emotion coming from the both of them I just felt it because they felt it; it's like they completely immersed themselves into this performance and forgot about everything that happened earlier. I'm sorry I don't know if what I just said made any sense.
    Thank you! Very inteteresting. I need to re-watch it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Leaving marina isn't even under consideration by these two teams you can bet on that.
    I don't see that Marina has to compromise at all in choreographing for her top two teams and they both know it. Fortunately for her, both have very different strengths and styles and she will be sure to create programs for next year that play to these strengths. D/W will have something fast, dynamic and powerful, V/M will have something with more finesse (and let's face it, some kind if sexual tension ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    ....I'm not convinced that Igor is a solution anymore than I'm convinced that he's some technical godsend. Yes, he's a good technical coach, but his teams have struggled too this year. I think Krylova is just as good. Her teams aren't doing any worse than Igor's are.
    Good point gerbil.

IMO since Vancouver there are several myths that have been widely accepted as the truth. I guess it's true that the more something is repeated the more it is seen to be true.

IIRC, the Canton teams had to make changes to reach their levels last season as well when Igor was still part of the team. Also didn't the Shibs also have issues this season? They followed Igor from Canton.

I've never believed that only Igor knows how to teach technical skating. Yes, he is one of the best techincal coaches in the field but he isn't alone.

I also agree that D&W and V&M should not have the same coaches. Tamara Moskvina was one of the only coaches I've ever seen who really seemed to manage to give her best equally to each team she worked with. There was never any discussion about the appearance that she favored one team over another. Whether it's true that Marina and Igor favored one team over another I suppose is left up to each persons interpretation. I'm one of those who felt that it certainly looked as if each of the then Canton coaches had different loyalites and last season it seemed that D&W were a priority for both.

It's more than likely that both V&M and D&W will go into and finish out next season still with Marina but I just don't think that arrangement is best for either team. But what the solution is? I have no idea aside from one of those teams changing coaches.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Carmen, the Shibs are still with Marina this year, but they started struggling last year when Igor was still around.

I agree that both teams will likely finish out their careers with Marina, but it's definitely not best for either team. Changing coaches is the best way to fix that, but given the lack in numbers of elite ice dance coaches, there aren't many/any other places to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Good point gerbil.

IIRC, the Canton teams had to make changes to reach their levels last season as well when Igor was still part of the team. Also didn't the Shibs also have issues this season? They followed Igor from Canton.
    The Shibs are still with Marina. It's Chock/Bates that left Canton to work with Igor and they've benefit from the extra attention (and politicking, probably) they must be receiving from Igor, since they've seemed to have surpassed the Shibs. They're probably his #2 team behind C/L? They were probably around 4/5th while Igor and Marina were still working together. I'm just speculating though. They were a really new team so it could just be that they're just starting to get more comfortable skating together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Carmen, the Shibs are still with Marina this year, but they started struggling last year when Igor was still around.

I agree that both teams will likely finish out their careers with Marina, but it's definitely not best for either team. Changing coaches is the best way to fix that, but given the lack in numbers of elite ice dance coaches, there aren't many/any other places to go.
    I dont see why D-W need to leav Marina - all look OK for them, they fised there levels, wish was a problem at last season WCh, they look happy and healthy.
    Tessa and Scott... Maybe they feel pressure much more. Not from rivals, but from super attention to them after coaches split up. They start working for the season late, changed choreoin summer, then had so many problems with levels during all season. So look like they could have some questions to there team. But look like Scott never will leav Marina.
    So i prefer stop thinking about this and just focusing on Tessa health and there joy from skating. Honestly i feel a little upset if they will choose something more traditional next season, but hope they will be happy with next year programs, like they are happy with "Carmen".
    So many people support them in home town. Sure a lot off them will wear yellow t-shirts and i wish T-S will made gift to this people - show spectacular "Carmen" with a lot off emotions and power

vCash
    elle and gerbil, thanks for the correction about the Shibs.

I need to do some research it appears but one reason why C&B might be doing so well under Igor is that the Shibs seem to have stagnated (at times I almost feel as if they have gone a tad backwards) and that Igor doesn't have a large group of American skaters he is teaching who are going after the same postition. Or even just one rival team that they are trading places with.
    Last edited by Carmen Ovsiannikov; 02-11-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast