Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Not really.
    I mentioned it yesterday to lighten the mood in the midst of the shock, but nobody bit.
    But now that everyone is calmer..
    This is wishful thinking, but sometime I do wonder whether someone from V/M's team visits this forum from time to time.
    I remeber William Thompson had FSU account (fomer Canadian GEO)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Pani where have you read this? It is about time for the annual V/M thread "should they move coaches" debate
    I don't have a strong feeling about V/M moving to another coach.
    However, I feel pretty strongly that V/M and D/W should not have the same coaching team.
    Somehow, I don't see either moving, but then we never expected Igor to split from Marina either.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I always thought that D/W were Igor's team and V/M were Marina's? If V/M win Worlds, perhaps it's Meryl and Charlie who might want to head to Novi.
    People unofficially thought that way, because Igor took American citizenship and Marina Canadian, and there was a subjective feeling that he preferred D&W and she preferred V&M, though I have certainly read comments going the opposite way. Still shocked they both stayed with Marina.

I don't really care anymore. My biggest reason for them to leave Marina was so they could have better choreography, and now they have it, so it's all good. The championships are going to come down to who gets their levels at Worlds. Igor is supposed to be better technically, but I don't see C&B, C&L, or R&T being so consistent with getting their TES scores either. ITA though, that the Shibs have got to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Well, I thought it looked fabulous, and was only more proof that Scott should never gel his hair again.

I love the costuming overall for this FD.
    Completely agree re: Scott's hair. It looks 1000% better than how he had it at nationals.

vCash
    Have I missed where we talked about Scott not gelling his hair for the FD? It was one of the bright spots for me, for sure!
    Yeah
    Although his hair looks best when it's slightly gelled up so it isn't covering his face. That way it has a bit more body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I always thought that D/W were Igor's team and V/M were Marina's? If V/M win Worlds, perhaps it's Meryl and Charlie who might want to head to Novi.

The Shibs, OTOH, definitely need to get out of Canton.

Serious use of gel and other hair products should be left to true professionals. Like Takahashi.
    Well I feel like Tessa and Scott don't need Marina as much now that they have Swan. But they need Igor's amazing tech work.
    Also I love the idea of them getting to work with Marina Klimova (and Babs to a lesser extent)

vCash
    Gala EX from T&S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4t81RyuFQg !
    I'm happy to see them again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    People unofficially thought that way, because Igor took American citizenship and Marina Canadian, and there was a subjective feeling that he preferred D&W and she preferred V&M, though I have certainly read comments going the opposite way. Still shocked they both stayed with Marina.

I don't really care anymore. My biggest reason for them to leave Marina was so they could have better choreography, and now they have it, so it's all good. The championships are going to come down to who gets their levels at Worlds. Igor is supposed to be better technically, but I don't see C&B, C&L, or R&T being so consistent with getting their TES scores either. ITA though, that the Shibs have got to go.
    Well CL got the first level four on steps. And remember that Tessa and Scott are much better than any of Igor's current teams and would benefit more from his teachings. And CL are getting GOE through the roof on a lot of their elements compared to last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yeah
    Although his hair looks best when it's slightly gelled up so it isn't covering his face. That way it has a bit more body.
    Hmm, I go back and forth. Sometimes I like it when it is out of his face, but I also like the look at the Nationals version of PF where it was in his face. Decisions, decisions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Well CL got the first level four on steps.
    My impression is that these days V/M is focusing on the art first, and the real push to get all the levels happens later in the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    I don't have a strong feeling about V/M moving to another coach.
    However, I feel pretty strongly that V/M and D/W should not have the same coaching team.
    Somehow, I don't see either moving, but then we never expected Igor to split from Marina either.
    I feel the same way and have for a while. I don't see the benefit in the arrangement any longer and think it's a distraction at this point (when they are fighting for the same title) to always be looking over your shoulder to see what Marina is doing with the other one. I know both teams say they don't do that but I think it's obvious they do. Not even the bubble can protect them from that tension

And I'm not "oh my god they must change coaches". I'm just stating what I believe to be a fact just as Krylova did last year. It's an impossible situation. I haven't seen the K&C with D&W at 4CC but I saw a big difference in the K&C with Marina at US Nationals and Canadian Nationals that I think she is also feeling the strain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I know both teams say they don't do that but I think it's obvious they do.
    How is it obvious?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I feel the same way and have for a while. I don't see the benefit in the arrangement any longer and think it's a distraction at this point (when they are fighting for the same title) to always be looking over your shoulder to see what Marina is doing with the other one. I know both teams say they don't do that but I think it's obvious they do. Not even the bubble can protect them from that tension
    I also don't see any benefit to the current coaching situation. Fine, yeah, rivals can push you, but it's not good to be in a situation where you're having to skate like that every single day. Fact of the matter is that Marina is unable to give both V/M and D/W what they want; I agree with the sentiment that V/M and D/W should not have the same coaching team.

Like someone else said upthread, one of the big reasons I wanted a coaching change last year was for better choroegraphy. Well, they have that (and then some) now. Their programs this year are both outstanding and worthy of V/M's extraordinary talent.

I'm not convinced that Igor is a solution anymore than I'm convinced that he's some technical godsend. Yes, he's a good technical coach, but his teams have struggled too this year. I think Krylova is just as good. Her teams aren't doing any worse than Igor's are.

vCash
    Leaving marina isn't even under consideration by these two teams you can bet on that.

It is a leg cramp guys ... She still undergoes physio right? I don't think 4cc is that important anyways. Looking forward to the battle at worlds!

vCash
    How is it obvious?
    I think I will just leave it a I think it's obvious. If someone else doesn't agree or see the same I think it's fine to just leave it that way.

On another topic am I the only one who thinks "love is not a victory march" is bad luck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Leaving marina isn't even under consideration by these two teams you can bet on that.

It is a leg cramp guys ... She still undergoes physio right? I don't think 4cc is that important anyways. Looking forward to the battle at worlds!
    I know. And I wouldn't want V&M to leave her alone with D&W. I think Marina has vision and will fight for her team. I just think when you have two choices for the top spot it's a win/win for her. In a perfect world I would rather V&M had Marina and Igor D&W But neither of them will give her up so it's just a dream.

As for the leg I agree, she'll be fine. A little rub and off she´ll go on to *** worlds

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post

It was very important in that after losing the GPF, they needed a win over D/W going into worlds. Now, D/W have two wins over them this season. That's not good. Losing worlds will mean no wins over D/W in the year before the Olympics, which will hurt them next year. So, yeah, it was imporant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    It was very important in that after losing the GPF, they needed a win over D/W going into worlds. Now, D/W have two wins over them this season. That's not good. Losing worlds will mean no wins over D/W in the year before the Olympics, which will hurt them next year. So, yeah, it was imporant.
    Did Anisina Peizerat were hurt at 2002 OG because they get only second place at 2001 WCh?
    But i dont care. They are doing all they can to do now. Maybe even they push Tessa to much his time. So could they change something?
    They change all judges ask them to change. Even spin. They didnt work hard on choreo? Or not practice too much&
    No, they do everything and this is half sport, and half of art. I just wish to belive she is OK and they could enjoy WCh and OG not thinking only about medals, but have fun.

vCash
    I think next season is a clean slate for V&M and D&W. If worlds weren't in their hometown I honestly wouldn't even mind them coming in second as I think it's easier to knock someone off the podium than it is to stay on it. I think Worlds results is more crucial for the other teams as they jockey for position. When it comes to V&M and D&W the material will be crucial and getting an early start on the season which V&M have said in one interview they are already planning on doing. I think this season got off to a very late start for both teams and for V&M at least meant learning new lifts at the end of the summer as those lifts they doing clearly were not in the original Carmen program

vCash
    I think now we need more postive discussions. We could talk abouyt coaching changes after the end of the season. I only this T-S dont need to do World team throhy this year. But they alwayse wish to compete.

Now T-S will have a little rest, i think. And maybe they will made new exibition for home WCh. What this could be?

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast