Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think it would be wonderful if there were some way to send love and encouragement to them. I want them to win, of course, but if they don't so what! They are incredible people who perform incredible programmes. Mistakes or no, I love to watch them more than any other skaters. I pray that she is healthy, and that if they can skate @ WCh, that they are recognized for their grit and determination. Way to go, Tess and Scott, we love you

vCash
    Did anyone notice for the kick segment that Tessa did a little hop instead of the usual steps? I wonder whether this was planned or whether she was feeling some discomfort still and revised the steps on the spot to minimize the pain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Did anyone notice for the kick segment that Tessa did a little hop instead of the usual steps? I wonder whether this was planned or whether she was feeling some discomfort still and revised the steps on the spot to minimize the pain.
    Did you see Nationals? I don't recall what they did here but that part had changed a bit at Nationals.

vCash
    I was in such shock, that i didnt notice nothing. Only after some poeple said, i go to watch spin.
    I feel bad they need to re-moves so many original moves, because of rules and judges. But i am sure this muct be pay off if they asked guys to change something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Did you see Nationals? I don't recall what they did here but that part had changed a bit at Nationals.
    Re: the steps into the kick...I just compared them to Nationals and they are different.
    I prefer the Nationals' version.
    I guess we will have to wait until Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think now they need to get a lot off good vibes, to feel fans support ect. I know, they are not social-network guys, but i hope they feel (especially Tessa) our support and and love.
    Get well soon Tessa. No matter what we will alwayse support you and Scott Thanks you for all you gave to us during all this year!
    agree with IoanaC, well said, pani. I think most, if not all of this thread community feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I finally found the courage to watch the video and something was off before they even started to me. Tessa looked exhausted (I don't mean as in stamina, but something just wasn't right) at the beginning before they took their pose. It was very hard for me to watch everything that unfolded. Despite this setback I just love this program so much and even if it doesn't get them gold at Worlds, it's truly brilliant. I loved how supportive Scott is and how he just takes charge, how Oleg was also supportive and was helping Tessa with her skates once in the KnC, and finally how supportive the crowd was.

Also the fact that some thought they just wanted a breather is so crazy to me. That looked far from what was actually going on.
    Shayii, I felt the same way. I wonder if she was feeling a bit of tightness or just felt a bit off from the get go. Her body language suggested it to me, but of course I am just speculating.

I am glad they aren't really into social media so that such negativity doesn't reach them. I do hope, however, that the messages of support can be conveyed to them. and I agree, the crowd was wonderfully supportive. Tessa and Scott seemed to appreciate it.

wishing them all the best.

vCash
    Re: the steps into the kick...I just compared them to Nationals and they are different.
    I prefer the Nationals' version.
    me too. and I was sad about the changes to the first part of the spin, but I am at least happy that they kept the ending, which was the most important part of it for me.

vCash
    I do hope, however, that the messages of support can be conveyed to them.
    Maybe some fans from Canada could contact SC and ask to tell T-S how there fans support them and wish get well soon to Tessa?

vCash
    Great thing is, even though I feel terrible for Tessa, IF they had skated clean & were able to do the program right through without the big stop time issue & leaving a lift out, I am sure they would have won today! Seems like they definitely only lost today because they had a huge problem & had to literally stop & start again.
    How much were they deducted ?

YEAH!
    vCash
    They were not officially deducted. If they took a hit, it would be on the GOE of any elements that came after, and on PCS, particularly Performance/Execution.

vCash
    I know that I (and probably other fans too) prefer that they sacrifice a few gold medals in exchange for the innovation and creativity that is Carmen. I hope VM realize that. However, I'd understand if their program next year is a little more on the safe, comfortable side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Great thing is, even though I feel terrible for Tessa, IF they had skated clean & were able to do the program right through without the big stop time issue & leaving a lift out, I am sure they would have won today! Seems like they definitely only lost today because they had a huge problem & had to literally stop & start again.
    How much were they deducted ?
    They actually didn't receive any deductions for the stoppage, which has caused some contention but I'm sure the PCS scores were affected by it.

I felt horribly for them, especially Tessa. I'm an optimist at heart, so I have to say I'm glad they finished the skate and Tessa is such a fighter. They are so blessed to have each other for support and encouragement and Scott can definitely write a book on how to be a great partner!

Does anyone have a link for the victory ceremony? I had to run out before the comp ended and wasn't able to watch live.

I, too, miss the old spin and especially the way he used to caress her face in the first position. Ugh, sometimes COP is really frustrating!

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Does anyone have a link for the victory ceremony? I had to run out before the comp ended and wasn't able to watch live.
    The links to the various skates and the medal ceremony was posted in the 4CC Ice Dance FD thread at GS by mao88. Here are the ceremony links copied here...

Part 1, Part 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    They actually didn't receive any deductions for the stoppage, which has caused some contention but I'm sure the PCS scores were affected by it.

I felt horribly for them, especially Tessa. I'm an optimist at heart, so I have to say I'm glad they finished the skate and Tessa is such a fighter. They are so blessed to have each other for support and encouragement and Scott can definitely write a book on how to be a great partner!

I, too, miss the old spin and especially the way he used to caress her face in the first position. Ugh, sometimes COP is really frustrating!

Well you cannot tell me that stoppage did not affect the way they scored them though, no way they would have lost had they skated right through & perfectly like they have before.....:0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Well you cannot tell me that stoppage did not affect the way they scored them though, no way they would have lost had they skated right through & perfectly like they have before.....:0
    Their marks would be affected in PCS only. As long as the stop doesn't interfere with the levels of a specific element, there is no affect on the TES/GOE, because those are based only elements. The referee, I believe, decides at what point the program may be restarted, and therefore, if an element will be considered as a part of the mark or not. PCS, however, marks performance, etc, which should be affected by a break in the program (though looking at the scores, it doesn't seem like it was exceptionally dinged). Now, VM only got level 3 on both their step sequences and a relatively low GOE on the diagonal (following the pause), while DW received a 4 on their diagonal, which would make, as we know from the SD, a big difference in TES scores. We'll never know if, had she been able to skate freely, if VM would have managed better with their step sequences.

vCash
    They get lower perfomance PCS, Interpretation. Maybe transitions and SS - but i am not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    They get lower perfomance PCS, Interpretation. Maybe transitions and SS - but i am not sure.
    All of V/M's PCS scores were lower with the exception of choreo (but only by 0.04).

vCash
    All of V/M's PCS scores were lower with the exception of choreo (but only by 0.04).
    I mean lower, then could be with clean skating. Perfomans and In were reflected the most i think.
    How do you think, if tTessa will skate in exibitions tommorow, it will be good thing for them?

vCash
    If Tessa skates tomorrow, I'll feel quite relieved, yes. If it was cramps and she got a massage, she should be able to.

vCash
    at this rate, we are gonna need a new thread and title

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast