Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating678 View Post
    I've seen this as well especially on Twitter. I think that as London gets closer, there are a lot of Canadian skating fans that are basically preparing for failure. They think that Tessa and Scott wont be able to win with Carmen, that Patrick is doomed to lose, etc etc. There is just so much negativity right now.

Carmen is the type of program that people either love or hate. So there is a lot of pressure in that respect.
    I've contributed to some of the pessimism to be honest; I didn't think they would win, but I just wanted them to have great skates. This hometown Worlds is more stressful than exciting at this point. What do you guys think it going to happen now? I don't think they'll be at the gala.

vCash
    Granted, I live in Vancouver, but what pressure are Canadians putting on the skaters? The sports media is obsessing over who's gonna be part of the men's hockey team and completely ignoring skating. CBC is tape delaying 4CC. And I celebrated Chinese New Year and fell asleep.

vCash
    Feel upset for them, this is the not the way they wanted to head off into World's, but it's more concern than anything. You always think the worst and hopefully it's just a momentary thing that happened here with no long lasting physical effects. They seem to have had to deal with quite a few problems over the years, more than their fair share, so that strength of character they've developed will get them through this event.

That being said, apart from the "incident" their skating looked very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I've contributed to some of the pessimism to be honest; I didn't think they would win, but I just wanted them to have great skates. This hometown Worlds is more stressful than exciting at this point. What do you guys think it going to happen now? I don't think they'll be at the gala.
    Yeah i don't think they'll skate tomorrow..
    I just wan't to hear what happened. Interesting that there are no reports from the press conference.

Oh and i'm going to miss the old spin

YEAH!
    vCash
    I hope they do skate... if it was just a temporary problem, there is no reason for them not to skate. If they don't skate, that would mean she's seriously injured.

vCash
    Maybe they weren't at the PC. What do you guys think maybe its Tessa's legs again. I never believed she was 100 percent like they were saying. And I don't think they're gonna win Worlds now and if they do expect a backlash, a big one.

vCash
    They were at the PC. Icenetwork posted their Sunday backstage photos http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gallery.jsp

vCash
    Maybe they weren't at the PC. What do you guys think maybe its Tessa's legs again. I never believed she was 100 percent like they were saying. And I don't think they're gonna win Worlds now and if they do expect a backlash, a big one.
    Why? We have no idea what the problem was. Cramp? Illness? She did throw up after Carmen at Skate Canada maybe she felt that was going to happen during the program, not what you want to be feeling during a lift where you will be upside down. Having a problem today doesn't mean they will have a problem just over a month from now. And if they do win worlds, it doesn't mean that what happened today was a fake or some sort of tactic.

vCash
    I hope its nothing too serious.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I sort of suspect it may be, given how quick the skates came off. They have also talked about before when she was having trouble, she would be in so much pain she wasn't able to breathe or skate.

I don't think we're going to have to worry about backlack from worlds because they are not going to win. It is not happening. The writing is on the wall, and honestly, it was on the wall after worlds last year was over with.

vCash
    Yeah well these fans are probably like a group of 50 people. Tessa and Scott put more pressure on themselves than the Canadian media does.

I think Worlds is going to be very exciting tbh. The crowd reaction is going to be amazing, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I think we need to take a step back for a moment. People are blowing this way out of proportion and we don't even know what the problem is. If it was a serious injury, she probably wouldn't have skated the rest of the program.
    Lets wait and see before we jump to any conclusions. They won the short dance and were only 3 points back in the free. The gap is way smaller than it was at the GPF, and that was with T&S having to stop in the middle of the program!

vCash
    Yeah well these fans are probably like a group of 50 people.
    The entire Canadian figure skating audience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    They were at the PC. Icenetwork posted their Sunday backstage photos http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gallery.jsp
    Thanks! So they were at press-conference. Now i am wonder, what did they said.

vCash

I think we need to take a step back for a moment. People are blowing this way out of proportion and we don't even know what the problem is. If it was a serious injury, she probably wouldn't have skated the rest of the program.
    I agree with this. We have no reason to believe that her legs are the problem. They have skated this entire season so far and last season for that matter with no problems up until this point. As soon as they have an issue most want to blame her legs or them not telling the truth about being 100%. I don't think that is fair at all. The commentator said it was hot in the arena and if she was feeling sick that could have easily been the problem.

vCash
    Lynn Rutherford tweets:According to ISU report on the presser in Osaka, Tessa Virtue explained that FD interruption was due to cramps in her legs. #4CC2013

Isu report: http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/p...0.html?id=1259

vCash
    Lynn Rutherford tweets:According to ISU report on the presser in Osaka, Tessa Virtue explained that FD interruption was due to cramps in her legs. #4CC2013
    Who is Lynn Rutherford?

vCash
    I say there will be a backlash (OFC not in London) because in head-to-head mash ups Davis and White have won, then in the very last one that just happens to be in Canada V/M win? No I don't see that happening even if they have an amazing skate.

noooo! Tessa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Who is Lynn Rutherford?
    She's a journalist for icenetwork.

vCash
    http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/p...0.html?id=1259

article from isu...mentions cramps in her legs and gives quotes from press conference...

ETA: sorry, didn't realize this was already posted...

vCash
    She's a journalist for icenetwork.
    Thanks.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast