Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

vCash
    the golden skate article is amazing for the quotes and insight

http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/02/v...-at-2013-4ccs/

“It is exactly one year from today when the opening ceremonies (take place),” she acknowledged. “We talked about it a lot today, actually. It seems to be a common conversation for us these days, just looking ahead at probably our last year competing.”
    Last edited by iggie; 02-10-2013 at 04:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Anyone get the water bottle? I went to a Canadian Tire and they could not sell the bottle on its own. I can't justify $35 for a water bottle. I didn't even buy their book at full retail price--I paid $6.99 when I found it in the sales bin of my local book store. If only my car broke down and I needed to buy a new car battery one and a half months later!!!
    hahaha
    I couldn't justify paying that amount for a water bottle, either, so I am hoping they will eventually sell it on its own as elle123 suggested. I hope your Patrick bottle isn't feeling lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    My favourite part is the Polka section and the twizzles. It always reminds me of a quote from TAT towards another ice dance couple, "they skate like birds!!"

I think you probable know who this couple is BKFan .
    hehe, I sure do

Yes, I love the twizzles so much because they look like they are just part of the choreography. They work to further develop the program, and I love when an element does that.

And the steps are exquisite. They just have the most beautiful blades... Their turns are soooooooooo clean and easy. They have performed footwork with incredible proficiency, and they blew me away with their diagonal in their FD last year, but this year they are at their best, imo. Just look at their back outside mohawk. The lobes are huge!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. You are all so knowledgeable, and I really have a new appreciation for their work after reading your comments. It's also cool to learn more about you all. I hope you continue to share your thoughts

Also, thank you Shayii, Corianna, rainbowkisses, and iggie for sharing info and links with us. I, too, am interested in hearing more of Nathalie's impressions from the event.

vCash
    Hello, any free dance streams?

vCash
    P.S. Guess like Eurosport 2 isn't showing free dance.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Thanks for the stream

I guess I have Russian Eurosport, and so it's football on it

vCash
    OMG, WHAT HAPPENED?

YEAH!
    vCash

They randomly stopped going into a lift. Shades of 2011 4CC. Scott mouthed I can't do this. Apparently because Tessa couldn't breathe. They were allowed to restart including doing the lift they missed, like the Shibs at CoR. Both parts of the program looked clean and sharp to my eye. They got 109 and D&W got 112.

vCash
    Poor Scott

For those, who didn't watch - Scott didn't lift Tessa at the Straight line lift (that who is with rotational in the middle).
    It looked a like just like Scott became scared before the lift, or, maybe it was an injury? Don't know.

vCash
    It look a like, if they would did the lift, they would be first.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Yeah, to me, it seemed like the problem was with Scott. I thought it might be the neck injury again. But the commentators think it's because Tessa couldn't breathe. She didn't look so out of breath to me that she couldn't skate. It's very confusing, I guess we'll get an interview soon.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    It look a like, if they would did the lift, they would be first.
    They lost on TES mostly (52.73 vs. 54.94 for D&W), with the lift counting. The PCS were 56.47 (D&W got 57.74), close enough that I think they could've won the PCS without the interruption. The only mark they won was Choreography.

vCash
    I can't stay in the PBP any longer cause one particular poster has made 4 posts on nothing but how Tessa & Scott used this "trick" again and how Meryl & Charlie would never do such a thing. Pardon me while I roll my eyes.

When they showed the replay of them getting ready to do that lift and then they didn't, it looked like Scott said "I'm sorry". They both looked absolutely exhausted.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    They lost on TES mostly (52.73 vs. 54.94 for D&W), with the lift counting. The PCS were 56.47 (D&W got 57.74), close enough that I think they could've won the PCS without the interruption. The only mark they won was Choreography.
    That wouldn't be the lift, that would likely be that they lost a level on something compared to Davis and White. Very scary to watch that program... cant seem to tell which skater had the problem but if either is off their game at all that is a physically demanding final minute!!! Proof how wonderful they are that that program did not end in a fall/someone getting hurt.

vCash
    They were definitely talking to each other prior to the lift and communicating whoever had the problem.

vCash
    I think it was a breathing problem.

vCash
    Why alwayse problems with this two? Will we know truth, what happened this time?
    To me look, like Tessa felt bad and she was doing something with her legs And Scott said to video operator - go away and they doing soemthing with Tessa.
    I am so sad now. With si=uch amazing talent they had such a bad luck.
    And lift was count, so they lose because of 1 SS and PCS - its understanding.
    Its not funny, but "Carmen" won CC first time in this season.

vCash
    I don't think it was her legs, Pani. It didn't look that way to me at least.

vCash
    Very disappointing this happened to them again. Curious to see a YouTube vid.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast