Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    They were talking about Olympic moments that people might remember, and Scott was like "And I'm sure Tessa remembers this..." followed by a clip of My Little Pony. And then Tessa said that something usually overshadows something else, "Like how I overshadow Scott" No, I didn't see their special because it was on at the same time as strombo, sorry!
    ? where is this from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    ? where is this from?
    George Stroumboulopoulos. Looks like it was filmed when they were in Toronto for the CN Tower thing.

vCash

vCash

vCash
    the archives may have the full interview tomorrow . . .

vCash
    second flight for v/m. last flight for d/w. if you think skate position affects scores . . . assuming both skate fabulously, i feel like they'll hold back on v/m to see what d/w can do and once they've seen d/w (basically last), they're free to pile it on. but skating after g/p will only help . . . night and day.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...s-Ice-Dance-SD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    They were talking about Olympic moments that people might remember, and Scott was like "And I'm sure Tessa remembers this..." followed by a clip of My Little Pony. And then Tessa said that something usually overshadows something else, "Like how I overshadow Scott" No, I didn't see their special because it was on at the same time as strombo, sorry!
    Thank you, that sounds cute. Sending positive energy to Tess and Scott right now.

Misha I'm trying to be positive right now so I wouldn't say how I feel about the start orders lol.

vCash
    as much as they want to say that they mark only what's on the ice right then, they're still comparing, if even for consistency. and if v/m and d/w are skating so far apart, then it becomes a problem. tessa and scott might as well skate first and d/w last for how logical this starting order is. i don't now think they'll lose the sd, but it's a disadvantage -- not just skating before d/w but being so far away that they're in another flight
    Last edited by iggie; 02-08-2013 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Have a wonderful time seeing Stephane, Laura! I hope you and your mother have a safe trip

Also, happy new year Jess and all those celebrating this wkd!
    Aw BKF, seriously your attention to detail is amazing! Very sweet, thank you.

vCash
    IIRC didn't Tess /Scott dance in a previous group to M/C at 2011 Worlds SD. I thought I remembered them being marked higher at that event in SD.?? Or could have been 4C's.

vCash
    as much as they want to say that they mark only what's on the ice right then, they're still comparing. and if v/m and d/w are skating so far apart, then it becomes a problem. tessa and scott might as well skate first and d/w last for how logical this starting order is.
    I know what you mean. But they drew the number themselves so it's just bad luck. But it's all good.

Ofdarkness, the W/P video is posted in their thread

vCash
    George Strombo is a seriously talented, wickedly smart media personality (his radio show is off the hooks too) and some of his interviews are top of the heap because he actually listens actively to his guests and reacts to the moment. Looking forward to seeing the Patrick/VM interview.

vCash
    alternatively, being surrounded by such low ranked teams can make judges appreciate v/m that much more no? ok, no. anyway, 2011 was a long time ago, things have changed . . . i'm not saying that they're guaranteed to lose the sd with this draw, but it's not the best.
    Last edited by iggie; 02-08-2013 at 03:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I know what you mean. But they drew the number themselves so it's just bad luck. But it's all good.

Ofdarkness, the W/P video is posted in their thread
    what if they HAD picked first and d/w last? jeez, stick with world rankings and figure something else out for those who don't have rankings. you want to group teams together who have the same talent.

vCash
    what if they HAD picked first and d/w last? jeez, stick with world rankings and figure something else out for those who don't have rankings. you want to group teams together who have the same talent.
    I agree!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    alternatively, being surrounded by such low ranked teams can make judges appreciate v/m that much more no? ok, no. anyway, 2011 was a long time ago, things have changed . . . i'm not saying that they're guaranteed to lose the sd with this draw, but it's not the best.
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 02-08-2013 at 05:09 AM.

vCash

overall though. i'm pretty mellow. i still haven't decided if i think they'll win or lose, but neither is a big deal to me. maybe i've just been a fan for too long and i just take everything in stride.
    Last edited by iggie; 02-08-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    who knows maybe d/w might fall
    Don't wish falls on other people. It's bad karma.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I can't believe she was serious with that. I would never want my team to win because others fell or made other major mistakes. I don't think it's funny at all. I hope the comment is deleted.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    i never wished that on them im just saying that its possible. anything is possible *shrug*

also if im creating bad karma for v/m, then d/w must have alot of bad karma considering their stans always flat out wish for v/m to fall
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 02-08-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast