Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1008
  1. #501
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Could we send positive vibes to Tessa and Scott for SD? i wish wake up and enjoy the best SD from them in this season
    Thank you!

    Geez, guys. A bit of positive attitude can't hurt. I hope they skate awesome and are happy with their programs.

  2. #502

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Well, first of all, I'm wrong about when the special is- not tonight certainly, but I did see somewhere that it has been made. And as for Strombo, they aren't listed on his site, just Patrick. It would be nice if they were on, so I hope you're right.
    Thanks! There was also this tweet from strombo https://mobile.twitter.com/strombodo...69829701120001

  3. #503
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,795
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    What is strombo?

  4. #504

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    What is strombo?
    A person? A tv/talk show? Lol I don't know. Hopefully somebody in Canada can help us.

  5. #505
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    What is strombo?
    George Stroumboulopoulos right?

  6. #506

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    198
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    521
    Yes, a Canadian talk show host.

  7. #507
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,795
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    George Stroumboulopoulos right?
    Never heard of him but yeah after googling it must be. I guess it's like Larry King or Piers Morgan in the US?

  8. #508

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    198
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    521
    Yes, he used to be a VJ with Much Music, that's how he got started. He was on late night, 11:30 but moved to prime time in the last year or two.

  9. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,312
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Good luck to Tessa and Scott in the SD! And also FD. Unfortunately (or not ) I won't be able to watch it, as I am flying to Stockholm Sunday morning. And, most likely, I won't even know the final result until I return on Wednesday, since I don't have any kind of portable computer (incredibly old fashioned, I know), and even though there will most likely be an internet access in the hotel and other places, I think I will be too busy to use it. I would if I was alone, but I am going with my mother, and we have pretty huge plans for those (not full) three days in Stockholm. And I can't even be too sad, as this is the first time when I will see my all time favorite skater and such a figure skating show live. Still, even now I somewhat regret not being able to watch the 4CC's FD sooner.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 02-08-2013 at 12:07 AM.

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Never heard of him but yeah after googling it must be. I guess it's like Larry King or Piers Morgan in the US?
    Not at all like Larry King or Piers Morgan. He's young, hip, funny, talks really fast and manages to ask interesting questions.

  11. #511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just saw the Strombo segment on the atlantic CBC. The reason Patrick Chan was noted as a guest and not Tessa and Scott was because he was actually in the studio. They were filmed elsewhere, and presented a short segment somewhere along the lines of "Something you didn't know about Canada". They talked about an athlete who helped another pair of sailors in trouble instead of continuing the race. It was pretty scripted, and forced sounding, but it was still cute and funny They had playful jabs at each other, and I wonder if they came up with them or if they were told to say those things.

  12. #512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Good luck to Tessa and Scott in the SD! And also FD. Unfortunately (or not ) I won't be able to watch it, as I am flying to Stockholm Sunday morning. And, most likely, I won't even know the final result until I return on Wednesday, since I don't have any kind of portable computer (incredibly old fashioned, I know), and even though there will most likely be an internet access in the hotel and other places, I think I will be too busy to use it. I would if I was alone, but I am going with my mother, and we have pretty huge plans for those (not full) three days in Stockholm. And I can't even be too sad, as this is the first time when I will see my all time favorite skater and such a figure skating show live. Still, even now I somewhat regret not being able to watch the 4CC's FD sooner.
    Have a wonderful time seeing Stephane, Laura! I hope you and your mother have a safe trip

    Also, happy new year Jess and all those celebrating this wkd!

  13. #513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Not at all like Larry King or Piers Morgan. He's young, hip, funny, talks really fast and manages to ask interesting questions.
    Yes I love George. He a great interviewer. He's actually made quite a name for himself and nabbed some pretty great guests for 'just a Canadian talk show' including Larry King, Hillary Clinton, Pink, LeBron James, Tom Cruise, and one of the first interviews with Sarah Palin.

  14. #514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    lost . . . were tessa and scott featured on strombo?

  15. #515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    the Doc I referred to is going to be March 7, and March 8th on CBC's Doc Zone . So I was a month out.

  16. #516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    the Doc I referred to is going to be March 7, and March 8th on CBC's Doc Zone . So I was a month out.
    Thanks for the info

    can't wait to see 4CC this wkd and read all the comments from you all! like so many have said here previously, these programs are something special...I feel lucky just to watch them. and good luck to all the skaters! should be a great wkd of skating

  17. #517
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    off topic, but it's so strange seeing muchmusic vj's being all grown up and professional and on the cbc, ctv and all that jazz. i still remember danielle mcgimsie from ytv.

  18. #518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    lost . . . were tessa and scott featured on strombo?
    Not really. They were on it for a minute or two, and they were talking, but not about themselves. Though the host did say at the end of the clip that he'd love to have them in the studio.

  19. #519

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Not really. They were on it for a minute or two, and they were talking, but not about themselves. Though the host did say at the end of the clip that he'd love to have them in the studio.
    What were the cute jabs they made towards each other? Also did you watch W/P's special? I hope somebody recorded it and puts it up on YT.

    Also for those going to Worlds and might be looking for a special way to support Tessa and Scott, the Ilderton skating club have special sweatshirts that have their logo on it (and "believe" on the back). You can order one for $20 by contacting them--Alma has responded to a few people already.

  20. #520
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    What were the cute jabs they made towards each other? Also did you watch W/P's special? I hope somebody recorded it and puts it up on YT.
    They were talking about Olympic moments that people might remember, and Scott was like "And I'm sure Tessa remembers this..." followed by a clip of My Little Pony. And then Tessa said that something usually overshadows something else, "Like how I overshadow Scott" No, I didn't see their special because it was on at the same time as strombo, sorry!

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •