Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Whoa! She looks perfectly healthy, you guys.

I can't believe some of you are actually giving up and saying outright they will not win. Remember who you're talking about. So much pessimism around here
    im only saying that because IIRC tessa said in their book that when they started competing again after her first surgery she always felt sick before a competition or something idk
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 02-07-2013 at 05:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall behind the scenes at 4ccs and Worlds to hear what Marina is saying to judges, tech callers etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she's politicking more for Davis and White these days.
    At last OG Marina were with team Canada and Igor - with team USA at opening ceremony. What will happened this time?

Marina Zoueva - Intimidating
    Tessa Virtue - Phenomenal
    Scott Moir - Tenacious
    Now i understand, why skaters couldnt leav Marina/
    What is Tenacious? Sorry for askking, but i translate online this word and cant undestand, what this mean.
    And what did she said about D-W?

As for slim Tessa and Scott. I remeber Maria (V-M off-ice trainer) said Scott will become smaller during the season, becasue he need more speed. So i think this is plan. But honestly i love big Scott more (like he was at SC and CoR).

Not good draw fro Tessa and Scott in SD - they will be in second group, when all amerivans in third one. I need to start nervouse now?
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2013/SEG007.HTM
    Last edited by pani; 02-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    What is Tenacious? Sorry for askking, but i translate online this word and cant undestand, what this mean.
    It means he doesn't give up easily; he fights for what he wants. Basically it means he probably doesn't think (and thank God) that they're not going to 4CC or Worlds lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    It means he doesn't give up easily; he fights for what he wants. Basically it means he probably doesn't think (and thank God) that they're not going to 4CC or Worlds lol.
    Thank you!
    I feel the same about this last article. Shayii. Maybe this is not a bad deal for Canada - Patrick gold and V-M silver and we must be ready for this. But Scott will never belive thy will lose IMHO.
    And i get bothering with all this OG. Never like OG too much. Skaters did such a great job every year, we see so many interesting programs, elements, bu tall must ne focising only at OG.

vCash
    Thank you!
    I feel the same about this last article. Shayii. Maybe this is not a bad deal for Canada - Patrick gold and V-M silver and we must be ready for this. But Scott will never belive thy will lose IMHO.
    And i get bothering with all this OG. Never like OG too much. Skaters did such a great job every year, we see so many interesting programs, elements, bu tall must ne focising only at OG.
    No problem!

I've been told that politics is such a huge part of figure skating and that's such a big turnoff to me. I wish they will just let the skaters skate and may the best person win; all these (supposedly) deal making going on behind closed doors is annoying. Let's see how it goes tomorrow, wishing them a great skate.

vCash
    Yeah. I am thinking they are going to lose too. I believe they may take the SD but barely .But I think they will lose the FD. it is brilliant but it hasn't been 100% yet and the judges don't seem to love it. Honestly I felt that M and C deserved to win the GP Final and I think you could argue that they deserved to win World's last year. But I am not really digging their FD at all this year. That is a first for me. it has moments and they always skate the lights out of it. But again there is always the franticness of their skating I just don't like. I prefer elegance, precision, and line over speed. V and M have that in spades. And Carmen is a masterpiece. To me they have the abandon of M and C and the precision they always have. Hopefully we will see it skated at its best at 4CC. The mistakes at Canadians are fixable. I just worry about the level 4's in the footwork. And they also seem to not be getting the judges won over with this dance. I don't know why. It is too provocative, it is too unlike them. I won't quibble about the technical as I am not an expert, although I still don't understand the level one spin. But it seems some changes need to be made in the COP. I get that particular edges are important for the marks but if it as the cost of losing some upper body movement that fresh and raw and different than i don't know. To me it is like when a jump is graded on difficulty do to it's entrance. It seems that what V and m were doing in the original footwork sequence in Carmen was very difficult but they were moving to a lesser edge to perform it. but if you are doing more with your whole body should the edges be that important. Does a difficult edge get higher marks with less body movement then a less difficult edge but with more body movement. Shouldn't they be equal in difficulty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I think they have the SD exactly where they want it, and have spent the last month concentrating on the FD. I have great expectations, for me they are winners no matter what. M/C are spectacular skaters , imo, but seem to recycle programmes to different music.
    I agree with the first part - I do have great expectations of Tessa and Scott, although not such great expectations of them winning. But I can't quite agree with "M/C recycling programs to different music" part. Yes, they always use some of the same elements, but they always have some new ones as well - especially when it comes to lifts. And the choreography is different in most of their programs - can you really say that their tango FD, 'Die Fledermaus' and 'Notre Dame' all have the same choreography? I don't think that you can honestly say that.

I am not getting my hopes up about Tessa and Scott winning 4CC or Worlds this season - it's very possible that they won't. But I will wait and see what happens at 4CC before I really start to panic. If they have the same technical base value as Meryl and Charlie in both dances, and still loose, then I'll understand that - yes, all is already decided for. But if, for instance, they have lower technical base value because they couldn't manage level 4 in any of their two FD step sequences, while D/W have at least one level 4, then I'll know that they simply gave the judges the opportunity to mark them lower. You all know very well that while fans and many colleagues may think that Tessa and Scott are the superior team, judges are never going to show that they are so much superior that they can still win while having a lower technical base than Meryl and Charlie.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 02-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Whoa! She looks perfectly healthy, you guys.

I can't believe some of you are actually giving up and saying outright they will not win. Remember who you're talking about. So much pessimism around here
    I agree on both counts
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    It's like Groundhog Day around here ;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I think they have the SD exactly where they want it, and have spent the last month concentrating on the FD. I have great expectations, for me they are winners no matter what. QUOTE]
    I totally agree.
    Last edited by Emdee; 02-07-2013 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Just notice technikal pannel
    Mr. Andrzej DOSTATNI
    I am worry about levels for T-S. And Chock-Bates will have all 4th.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Mr. Andrzej DOSTATNI
    Great. That's fabulous. Just Dandy. (I'm typing with sarcasm here, btw.) This just keeps going from bad to worse.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    im only saying that because IIRC tessa said in their book that when they started competing again after her first surgery she always felt sick before a competition or something idk
    I didn't read the book so I don't know the exact reference, but there is a huge difference between feeling sick before a competition (nerves etc) and making yourself sick (which implies an eating disorder... not that having an ED makes you a bad person, but it wouldn't be a good thing for that to become a rumor based on an incorrect wording).

And what did she said about D-W?
    Rewind the link I gave. D&W were discussed right before V&M. She said Meryl was beautiful and I can't remember what she said about Charlie.

Mr. Andrzej DOSTATNI
    Meh, Dostatni plus that start order isn't good at all.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Meh, Dostatni plus that start order isn't good at all.
    This is pretty much bad to the point I don't know whether to cry or to laugh that it's so bad.

Poor Tessa and Scott. I feel so badly for them.

vCash
    She said: Meryl/Beautiful, Charlie/energetic, Tessa/Phenomenal and Scott/tenacious

Regarding the draw order and panel at least they should have Marina all to themselves and she won't have to run off in the K&C to be with the others so we can all have fun analyzing her reaction

vCash
    I went back to read that article and to me, it was the old-style Canadian inferiority complex raising its ugly head! I remember watching American skating for years and Scotty would state that American nationals were more difficult than Worlds; this assertiveness was something quite foreign to me. Our male skaters always seemed to skirt the issue, never saying I'm the best. But Scott and Tessa seemed to be the first to say it outright! I think that's why they get criticism. I'm glad they dare!
    Don't worry, people! I don't know who's going to win but they truly are in a league of their own and have nothing to prove. They are giving us a superb program in Carmen.
    I don't know about politicking. Sadly we all know some is there but we really can't do much but hope.
    I'm glad for Yankowkas remarks.

vCash
    Or you know the article may have been written that way to build excitement for the upcoming showdown, create some buzz and interest. Us being all doom and gloom isn't going to change the way they skate this weekend or how the judges will judge. I think the only effect negativity can have is if it reaches them that their fans don't think they can beat the system.

I think we saw during Euro's that if I&K can win the FD that actually choreography, interpretation and innovation mean very little in ice dance. I've accepted that and hope they can nail those elements to the satistifaction of whatever panel they have to deal with. So with all that out of our control I think I will just sit back and enjoy their programs. Sometimes it takes hindsight for people to realize what they witnessed was legend and it might just be that way with Carmen.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I think we saw during Euro's that if I&K can win the FD that actually choreography, interpretation and innovation mean very little in ice dance. I've accepted that and hope they can nail those elements to the satistifaction of whatever panel they have to deal with.
    Exactly. And I have faith they will.

vCash
    Could only wish good luck to Tessa and Scott Wish they will be free and emotional in SD.
    I will not watching "live" (too early in the morning) and Eirosport will show ice dance after pairs short.

She said: Meryl/Beautiful, Charlie/energetic, Tessa/Phenomenal and Scott/tenacious
    She said Meryl was beautiful and I can't remember what she said about Charlie.
    Thank you!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I didn't read the book so I don't know the exact reference, but there is a huge difference between feeling sick before a competition (nerves etc) and making yourself sick (which implies an eating disorder... not that having an ED makes you a bad person, but it wouldn't be a good thing for that to become a rumor based on an incorrect wording).
    well one can make oneself sick and not have an ED
    i always make myself sick by worrying too much and i dont have an ed
    i purposely made that sentence ambiguous

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast