Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Is there WTT again this year?
    Yes. It's scheduled for the odd years; they went ahead with 2012 because of the tsunami cancelling the first and the requirement that there be more test events for the Olympics, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Well, Virtue/Moir are retiring after 2014 Olympics, Pechalat/Bourzat too... But what about Davis/White? I know this is Virtue/Moir thread, but anyways...
    OMG, if they'll stay, they'll get all firsts in all the competitions with NO fighting for them, not like all those years. I think that would be idiotic for them to stay. What do you guys think?
    It depends. If D/W win, the retire (maybe after Tokyo). If they lose, they think about not retiring but will be overtaken by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Yes, of course, Bobrova/Soloviev and Ilinykh/Katsalapov are strong teams, but I think that no one will stay close to V/M and D/W performances.
    Or maybe that's just my opinion...
    I think Worlds will tell the tale. If any team is within ten points by the end of the competition, they can be overtaken next year.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott- warm-up on the floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GtoPjdljdVM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I agree, but I think he will be gelling for 4CC. My guess is they're trying to increase the contrast between the SD and the FD.
    I never minded the gelled hair in their Latin-style dances (Assassin's Tango, the Latin FD, etc.) but I really didn't like it with Carmen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Yes. It's scheduled for the odd years; they went ahead with 2012 because of the tsunami cancelling the first and the requirement that there be more test events for the Olympics, I believe.
    Thank you. So is it in Japan again and where did you guys get this info? I didn't see it on the ISU website.

ETA: Why would they need to increase the contrast between Carmen and the WGO? I mean the programs are as different as can be.
    Last edited by Shayii; 01-29-2013 at 03:32 AM.

vCash
    The ISU's sidebar only list the next five Championships. Here's the announcement PDF

It's April 11-14

It's in Japan because that's the only nation willing to foot the bill/prize money.

vCash
    Thank you again. After last season I'm kinda hoping Tessa and Scott skip it this year, but then I definitely wouldn't mind getting to see them one more time before the season is over.

These two montages I think really capture the essence of Carmen (the second one is done by Maritza): "You know I Like it Rough" and Stripped

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    wtt always felt more like a giant exhibition instead of a competition to me i hope sc doesnt pressure them to go

vCash
    Thank you again. After last season I'm kinda hoping Tessa and Scott skip it this year, but then I definitely wouldn't mind getting to see them one more time before the season is over.

These two montages I think really capture the essence of Carmen (the second one is done by Maritza): "You know I Like it Rough" and Stripped
    Thank you Love this montages - so emotional.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    wtt always felt more like a giant exhibition instead of a competition to me i hope sc doesnt pressure them to go
    Bite your tongues! V/M are retiring in 13 months. We don't have that many more opportunities to see them compete, so we don't need to be wishing any of those away. I'm aware of the fact that the WTT is cheesy and it didn't go smoothly last year, but I'd still rather see them there again this year than skip it.

vCash
    Right!!! I'm grateful that I have been able to see this remarkable team a few times in competition live, and many times on TV. My best GF, passed on before she ever got the chance, and what a career she missed. She would have loved them as much as I do as skaters. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them at Worlds and SOI this year, perhaps the last time at Canadians next year. Thank goodness, I have a boyfriend who likes skating and will go to the competitions with me. However it turns out at Worlds this year, I feel fortunate.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Right!!! I'm grateful that I have been able to see this remarkable team a few times in competition live, and many times on TV. My best GF, passed on before she ever got the chance, and what a career she missed. She would have loved them as much as I do as skaters. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them at Worlds and SOI this year, perhaps the last time at Canadians next year. Thank goodness, I have a boyfriend who likes skating and will go to the competitions with me. However it turns out at Worlds this year, I feel fortunate.
    Yes, you are lucky.
    And i am happy i saw them "live" 5 times and three of them at WCh I didnt have a chance to see my favorite skaters so many times before. So i am grateful for this.
    And its not often mens loves FS. You are lucky

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Bite your tongues! V/M are retiring in 13 months. We don't have that many more opportunities to see them compete, so we don't need to be wishing any of those away. I'm aware of the fact that the WTT is cheesy and it didn't go smoothly last year, but I'd still rather see them there again this year than skip it.
    i just want them to be healthy for the olympics and last year it was evident that they were so tired after worlds. if they are tired, they shouldnt go.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i just want them to be healthy for the olympics and last year it was evident that they were so tired after worlds. if they are tired, they shouldnt go.
    The WTT is in early April. The Olympics aren't until next February. I don't think going to the WTT will affect their health for the Games at all. They're not made out of porcelain. They're athletes and they're tough.

ETA: It's also good practice for the team competetion in Sochi. I know the team competetion isn't as important to them as the invidivudal one, but they are very competetive people, and I'm sure they'd love the chance to help Canada win the gold medal there.
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 01-29-2013 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Want to let you know, you could download SD and FD from Nationals in high quality on fsvis.net

vCash
    I'm sure they will be at WTT no matter what and I'll be happy to see them one more time. IDK Gerbil after last season it was obvious they didn't wanna be there. And they were basically crucified (well the whole Team Canada) for not being animated enough. Then the whole "I hate this event" thing happened (lol which is making me laugh right now thinking back on it). Anyways I need to find a way to get myself to Skate Canada or Nationals next year.

vCash
    edited post.

vCash
    It was nice to see Carol Lane and Piper Gilles standing and clapping in the K&C as V/M were being announced at the beginning of the free dance..

vCash

vCash
    That was not a negative, snark or whatever. I watched the high-res version and noticed it for the first time, and saw it as a positive show of support and respect among competitors.

vCash
    The WTT is in early April. The Olympics aren't until next February. I don't think going to the WTT will affect their health for the Games at all. They're not made out of porcelain. They're athletes and they're tough.
    It won't affect their health but it will affect their preparation time for the Olympics. The Olympics are already a month or so earlier than the time in the season when they normally peak (worlds), so I think they need all the preparation time they can get. I don't think they should go. I hope they don't.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast