Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1008
  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a ship
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't find the ending cheesy at all, I liked it. It goes well with the theme, I think and these guys actually sell it. I think that's why they can do stuff like that, same with the new Carmen lift. Who else can attempt something like that? Not many teams today.

    I was also thinking the other that to do the things they do in Carmen, the level of trust you need to have with your partner must be immense. There are things they do there that are very intimate and the only way it works and it doesn't look fake or awkward is if both skaters trust each other. Again, take that final lift, that's VERY difficult to do. Not just the lift itself, but the characterization. It sure must be fascinating to see them discuss and prepare a program.

  3. #163
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    im kinda afraid they wont win 4cc because i rewatched the fd and it seems they have a few kinks to sort out in the step sequence. this is why i miss the original one at least they're on the right track tho

  4. #164

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    581
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I don't find the ending cheesy at all, I liked it. It goes well with the theme, I think and these guys actually sell it. I think that's why they can do stuff like that, same with the new Carmen lift. Who else can attempt something like that? Not many teams today.

    I was also thinking the other that to do the things they do in Carmen, the level of trust you need to have with your partner must be immense. There are things they do there that are very intimate and the only way it works and it doesn't look fake or awkward is if both skaters trust each other. Again, take that final lift, that's VERY difficult to do. Not just the lift itself, but the characterization. It sure must be fascinating to see them discuss and prepare a program.
    Yes. You summed it up perfectly.

    Pani, I agree with you about today's SD. I'm actually in Zagreb, so I got to watch it live. And I was convinced once more that things can be very different from seeing the programs on TV. I thought the placements were very correct. The crowd booed Anna and Luca's marks, but the truth is their skating skills are clearly inferior to those of the two Russian teams, no matter how charming the Italians are. I love their SD, it's one of my favourites this season, but I found it more exciting on TV than in the rink. The scores were overall very high, but I guess the judges are trying to slowly bridge the gap between V/M and D/W and the rest of the pack, so that they can build up anticipation for the competition in Sochi. I kept comparing all the teams I watched today to Tessa and Scott, but... really, no one can compare to them!

  5. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    im kinda afraid they wont win 4cc because i rewatched the fd and it seems they have a few kinks to sort out in the step sequence. this is why i miss the original one at least they're on the right track tho
    Really? I thought those were their best SS this season?

    What do you think doesn't work? The old D. seq. was nowhere near as polished, though I, too, liked it better. The one I love now is the circular one. It's gorgeous. I honestly think this program is ready. They just need to skate it well.

  6. #166
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Really? I thought those were their best SS this season?

    What do you think doesn't work? The old D. seq. was nowhere near as polished, though I, too, liked it better. The one I love now is the circular one. It's gorgeous. I honestly think this program is ready. They just need to skate it well.
    http://youtu.be/LS9HFO-vgG8
    for example, the changes they made at 2:41 (where she grazes his arm) looks so out of place and it also bugs me that the steps before the second to last lift arent that in tune with the music as they were. i just feel like the excitement that came before the lift is lost. when they premiered this dance it was so passionate, complex and distinct and now i feel its more subdued. i hope they will fix it since they are working on timing

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm not sure I agree, rainbowkisses, but more than that, I don't see the footwork holding them/this skate back at all.

    The moment you mention.... the sheer longing they convey in that moment is beautiful. Scott's hand on his heart, facing away from her. The light touch. It's the last time in this dance where love is unencumbered by any destructive force. Even as the softness ends, their movement becomes slightly sharper (watch how Tessa's hand snakes up the side of his head).

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, rainbowkisses, but more than that, I don't see the footwork holding them/this skate back at all.

    The moment you mention.... the sheer longing they convey in that moment is beautiful. Scott's hand on his heart, facing away from her. The light touch. It's the last time in this dance where love is unencumbered by any destructive force. Even as the softness ends, their movement becomes slightly sharper (watch how Tessa's hand snakes up the side of his head).
    Exactly. I don't know if I'm alone, but I think it's now even more passionate!

    I felt as if I were watching it for the first time. I was mesmerized.

  9. #169
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, rainbowkisses, but more than that, I don't see the footwork holding them/this skate back at all.

    The moment you mention.... the sheer longing they convey in that moment is beautiful. Scott's hand on his heart, facing away from her. The light touch. It's the last time in this dance where love is unencumbered by any destructive force. Even as the softness ends, their movement becomes slightly sharper (watch how Tessa's hand snakes up the side of his head).
    Thank you for putting into words my feelings about that moment of the dance. There's just something about it that just got me.

    Golightly, I also feel that the dance is more passionate now.

    I also agree that the dance is really getting there. At this point, it just needs a bit more polishing and cleaning up. Really, the list of things that need to be fine tuned is very short and really no big deal for V/M--practice the spin, make sure the timing of the lifts is correct, polish the steps. They have the PCS side down for this dance. Unlike this time last year, the SD is set. They are going to be ready.

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,258
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Exactly. I don't know if I'm alone, but I think it's now even more passionate!

    I felt as if I were watching it for the first time. I was mesmerized.
    This^^^. I also think it was passionate, sensual and on a whole different plain altogether from the GPF. I LOVED it even more!

  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Exactly. I don't know if I'm alone, but I think it's now even more passionate!

    I felt as if I were watching it for the first time. I was mesmerized.
    I couldn't agree more. It somehow does feel more passionate which I don't think any of us thought was possible. I thought this FD was near perfection from the get go and didn't want them to change a thing, goes to show I really know nothing and they are brilliant because IMO this version is better than anything I could've ever dreamt up. It really was like watching it for the first time. So much to take in, so many details and I feel the same about the SD it's like they are brand new it's amazing.

  12. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In the final lift, I don't know how that flip even happens and then, when she wraps her legs about him, she half turns and looks towards the judges with such an expression on her face? And then the expression on his face when she's arching her back? And then she thrashes her head from side to side. It's unbelievable. And all that time they're doing this, you're not thinking about the lift itself, you're thinking about the concept. That's what's so brilliant about it. What's even more impressive is that it's all in time with the music and oh my god, now I want them to win everything. It's the kind of dance that should win everything there is. You forget they are skating. I'm rambling again, sorry.

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have one question regarding the last rotational lift. At Skate Canada when Tessa was sitting on Scott's shoulders she put her hands up, but in subsequent outings her hands are bent and over her forehead. Is this intentional or is it because the lift is so difficult and fast, not to mention the nerve of steel required, it's hard for her to hit that position in time.

    I prefer to see her hand straight up because to me it symbolized Carmen's final triumph over Don Jose, it's like a victory pose for Carmen.
    Last edited by walei; 01-24-2013 at 03:48 AM.

  14. #174

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I too felt like I was watching the program for the first time again at Nationals. I thought they had never been more passionate, sensual/sexual, and just on point in general. Like honestly I think I might have been holding my breath during that performance cuz my heart was beating so fast by the time it was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    In the final lift, I don't know how that flip even happens and then, when she wraps her legs about him, she half turns and looks towards the judges with such an expression on her face? And then the expression on his face when she's arching her back? And then she thrashes her head from side to side. It's unbelievable. And all that time they're doing this, you're not thinking about the lift itself, you're thinking about the concept. That's what's so brilliant about it. What's even more impressive is that it's all in time with the music and oh my god, now I want them to win everything. It's the kind of dance that should win everything there is. You forget they are skating. I'm rambling again, sorry.
    Lol I love your description for that lift. I know some people prefer the old lift, but I just loved this new one. I wonder what name Marina will end up giving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I have one question regarding the last rotational lift. At Skate Canada when Tessa was sitting on Scott's shoulders she put her hands up, but in subsequent outings her hands are bent and over her forehead. Is this intentional or is it because the lift is so difficult and fast, not to mention the nerve of steel required, it's hard for her to hit that position in time.

    I prefer to see her hand straight up because to me it symbolized Carmen's final triumph over Don Jose, it's like a victory pose for Carmen.
    Yea I think I started noticing that she wasn't putting up her hand anymore at CoR. I don't have a preference for whether the hand goes up or stays down though.

  15. #175
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, rainbowkisses, but more than that, I don't see the footwork holding them/this skate back at all.

    The moment you mention.... the sheer longing they convey in that moment is beautiful. Scott's hand on his heart, facing away from her. The light touch. It's the last time in this dance where love is unencumbered by any destructive force. Even as the softness ends, their movement becomes slightly sharper (watch how Tessa's hand snakes up the side of his head).
    the thing is it really doesnt stand out as much as the original and the changes they made at gpf did and the transition to it doesnt really (for the lack of a better word) flow (?)

    i think there are also a few kinks they need to sort out for the sd but they're relatively minor(the sd step sequence tho is perfect it always was perfect)
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 01-24-2013 at 05:19 AM.

  16. #176

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yes. You summed it up perfectly.

    Pani, I agree with you about today's SD. I'm actually in Zagreb, so I got to watch it live. And I was convinced once more that things can be very different from seeing the programs on TV. I thought the placements were very correct. The crowd booed Anna and Luca's marks, but the truth is their skating skills are clearly inferior to those of the two Russian teams, no matter how charming the Italians are. I love their SD, it's one of my favourites this season, but I found it more exciting on TV than in the rink. The scores were overall very high, but I guess the judges are trying to slowly bridge the gap between V/M and D/W and the rest of the pack, so that they can build up anticipation for the competition in Sochi. I kept comparing all the teams I watched today to Tessa and Scott, but... really, no one can compare to them!
    Thats what i saw at GPF I am not wonder, when people talking C-L must be at first place, when they saw them on stream or even on TV, but not at arena.
    And my thoughts about marks is the same too. I hope FDs will be better at Ech.
    Last season TSN put all FDs from Nationals on there site. sad they didnt made this this season. Remember i rewatched llast season Nationals FD competitions 10 times - great quality, i adore P-I and W-P last season FDs and G-P were so fun to watch.

  17. #177
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,674
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    If anyone has good quality videos of Nationals you can upload, can you PM me? I tried to download from youtube, but the quality was awful. Also, was that fluff piece about Carmen aired on TV, and is there a video? Couldn't find it on youtube at all. I want to have all of these saved on my hard drive.

  18. #178

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    If anyone has good quality videos of Nationals you can upload, can you PM me? I tried to download from youtube, but the quality was awful. Also, was that fluff piece about Carmen aired on TV, and is there a video? Couldn't find it on youtube at all. I want to have all of these saved on my hard drive.
    This is no high quality ice dance videos at Fsvids Hope to save on my computer V-M programs from the Nationals too

  19. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did they take down the TSN link?

  20. #180
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,674
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Did they take down the TSN link?
    The TSN video is on youtube, but the quality is very buffery. I just find it so hard to believe that there would be no video of this competition other than a rip of the TSN video. It did air on Canadian TV, right?

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •