vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Read Eurosport will show 4CC
    Where did you read it?

vCash
    That's great news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post
    About as basic as it gets -- three rotations. So it was a matter of them losing levels, through a series of mistakes, I guess, which is a lot more complicated. And I just rewatched the spin and I still can't tell why. From the handbook:

Adjustments to Levels
    1. If the spinning movement has been started and one or both partners is/are still on two feet after half a rotation, the Level
    shall be reduced by one Level if one partner starts on two feet and by two Levels if both partners start on two feet.
    2. If a loss of control occurs after the Dance Spin has commenced, resulting in one of the following mistakes:
     additional support (touch down by free leg/foot and/or hand(s) by one partner,
     one partner off the ice without sustaining action,
     both partners not holding,
    for up to half a rotation, and the Dance Spin continues according to Dance Spin requirements after the mistake, the Level
    shall be reduced by 1 Level per mistake. But if the mistake lasts for more than half a rotation, this shall be considered as
    an interruption and additional principles of calling shall apply.
    Notes:
     this provision does not apply to staying on two feet during the change of foot in a Combination Spin. However, the
    Level shall be reduced by 1 Level per partner staying on two feet more than half a rotation;
     this provision does not apply to one partner off the ice with a sustaining action which qualifies this move as a
    Dance Lift.
    3. If one or both partners do not change foot (to the other foot) in a Combination Spin, it will be identified as Spin Level 1.
    Honestly I think they made a bad call. At one point I thought maybe it was a data entry mistake. For example if everyone else had done a CoSp that they just mistakenly continued the same entry. But looking at the protocols others also did a Sp instead of a CoSp so that can't be it. If the caller assumed they were doing a CoSp for whatever reason then that might make sense for the Level 1 call based on the bolded above. I noticed someone asked Pj on twitter if she could find out so hopefully she will. If she can't find out then I think it's clearly a mistake because if the panel didn't make a mistake you would think they would let someone know where they lost the levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's great news.
    Yes. Read abo this at ussian message board. People saw advertisement on TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Honestly I think they made a bad call. At one point I thought maybe it was a data entry mistake. For example if everyone else had done a CoSp that they just mistakenly continued the same entry. But looking at the protocols others also did a Sp instead of a CoSp so that can't be it. If the caller assumed they were doing a CoSp for whatever reason then that might make sense for the Level 1 call based on the bolded above. I noticed someone asked Pj on twitter if she could find out so hopefully she will. If she can't find out then I think it's clearly a mistake because if the panel didn't make a mistake you would think they would let someone know where they lost the levels.
    Sometimes I wish we were privy to judges' feedback. I'm sure Tessa and Scott will receive a more in-depth explanation from the judges and hopefully it won't happen again. It's certainly puzzling but I don't think we need to worry too much about it.

I keep watching the FD on my PVR and every time my mind is blown by Carmen and it never ceases to amaze me how much it has evolved. I can't wait to see it at 4CC and Worlds. Even without seeing any changes that D/W have made to their programs, I cannot fathom how they could beat V/M, assuming they get the same technical levels.

vCash
    I´m more curious than worried. I'm sure Marina, Tessa and Scott know the reason behind the call by now. I just want to know

vCash
    I admit I'm a little frustrated, if only because I can't tell why it's a level one... I mean, I certainly can't judge these things myself, but if I am given a level to work with and either the rules or a commentator's comments, usually I can at least see why. This, I'm just confused and wanting to improve my own knowledge. I'd think there must be some sort of reason, because they bothered to go back and fix the calling from the CoSp to Sp, but there was no level changed, and so I figure there must be a justification there. But we'll probably never know why.

On the other hand, regardless of the scoring details, it was their best outing of Carmen so far, I thought.

vCash
    I can't get enough of watching their programs from Canadians! They take my breath away!

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Marina has a little dog that she carries in a designer bag which has a small plastic inset for the doggie to see out. She walked by me as I was standing in line in the concourse and I wondered what that odd pattern was on the end of her very chic bag, then when she stopped a few feet away I saw that it was the dog’s face pressed up against the plastic.
    There were two coaches with little dogs in their bags? I know Seguin's coach had a little Terrier in her bag at the Kiss & Cry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    There were two coaches with little dogs in their bags? I know Seguin's coach had a little Terrier in her bag at the Kiss & Cry.
    This dog was with Marina even in Nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I can't get enough of watching their programs from Canadians! They take my breath away!
    Me too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Me too
    Yes, I think it is safe to say this was their best outing of the season. Two amazing skates.

ETA: Perhaps their two best outings since the Olympics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Yes, I think it is safe to say this was their best outing of the season. Two amazing skates.

ETA: Perhaps their two best outings since the Olympics?
    I think in Nice they were amazing too. SD was And they were so fast.
    I hope they save the best for WCh. It will be too high pressure on them.

vCash

Re: Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

I mean they were truly solid and bang on in both performances.

vCash
    Overall, I really liked V/M's performances at Nats. The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.
    Yeah, I know. I felt that was true in all disciplines, not just ice dance. R.I.P. Randy Starkman

vCash
    Overall, I really liked V/M's performances at Nats. The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.
    Agree. Some of articles was werid.
    Just watched ECh SD. Dont know, i didnt feel someone was better, then P-B and i miss them
    And it will be hard for W-P back to there top with such hih marks for B-S and I-K
    But i also didnt think this team could be close to T-S, sorry, maybe i am too uber.

vCash
    Watching the SD again, I hope they change the ending. The "almost-kiss" is too cheesy. If they want to face each other, the ending they had at the beginning of the season was better.

vCash
    Watching the SD again, I hope they change the ending. The "almost-kiss" is too cheesy. If they want to face each other, the ending they had at the beginning of the season was better.
    For me most importamt they will not return one from GPF

vCash
    Polka is cheesy I think it fits with the new playfulness of the SD. The ending at the beginning of the season (not the GPF ending which I hated the most) suited their original SD theme..

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast