Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1008
  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Read Eurosport will show 4CC
    Where did you read it?

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That's great news.

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post
    About as basic as it gets -- three rotations. So it was a matter of them losing levels, through a series of mistakes, I guess, which is a lot more complicated. And I just rewatched the spin and I still can't tell why. From the handbook:

    Adjustments to Levels
    1. If the spinning movement has been started and one or both partners is/are still on two feet after half a rotation, the Level
    shall be reduced by one Level if one partner starts on two feet and by two Levels if both partners start on two feet.
    2. If a loss of control occurs after the Dance Spin has commenced, resulting in one of the following mistakes:
     additional support (touch down by free leg/foot and/or hand(s) by one partner,
     one partner off the ice without sustaining action,
     both partners not holding,
    for up to half a rotation, and the Dance Spin continues according to Dance Spin requirements after the mistake, the Level
    shall be reduced by 1 Level per mistake. But if the mistake lasts for more than half a rotation, this shall be considered as
    an interruption and additional principles of calling shall apply.
    Notes:
     this provision does not apply to staying on two feet during the change of foot in a Combination Spin. However, the
    Level shall be reduced by 1 Level per partner staying on two feet more than half a rotation;
     this provision does not apply to one partner off the ice with a sustaining action which qualifies this move as a
    Dance Lift.
    3. If one or both partners do not change foot (to the other foot) in a Combination Spin, it will be identified as Spin Level 1.
    Honestly I think they made a bad call. At one point I thought maybe it was a data entry mistake. For example if everyone else had done a CoSp that they just mistakenly continued the same entry. But looking at the protocols others also did a Sp instead of a CoSp so that can't be it. If the caller assumed they were doing a CoSp for whatever reason then that might make sense for the Level 1 call based on the bolded above. I noticed someone asked Pj on twitter if she could find out so hopefully she will. If she can't find out then I think it's clearly a mistake because if the panel didn't make a mistake you would think they would let someone know where they lost the levels.

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's great news.
    Yes. Read abo this at ussian message board. People saw advertisement on TV.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Honestly I think they made a bad call. At one point I thought maybe it was a data entry mistake. For example if everyone else had done a CoSp that they just mistakenly continued the same entry. But looking at the protocols others also did a Sp instead of a CoSp so that can't be it. If the caller assumed they were doing a CoSp for whatever reason then that might make sense for the Level 1 call based on the bolded above. I noticed someone asked Pj on twitter if she could find out so hopefully she will. If she can't find out then I think it's clearly a mistake because if the panel didn't make a mistake you would think they would let someone know where they lost the levels.
    Sometimes I wish we were privy to judges' feedback. I'm sure Tessa and Scott will receive a more in-depth explanation from the judges and hopefully it won't happen again. It's certainly puzzling but I don't think we need to worry too much about it.

    I keep watching the FD on my PVR and every time my mind is blown by Carmen and it never ceases to amaze me how much it has evolved. I can't wait to see it at 4CC and Worlds. Even without seeing any changes that D/W have made to their programs, I cannot fathom how they could beat V/M, assuming they get the same technical levels.

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I´m more curious than worried. I'm sure Marina, Tessa and Scott know the reason behind the call by now. I just want to know

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I admit I'm a little frustrated, if only because I can't tell why it's a level one... I mean, I certainly can't judge these things myself, but if I am given a level to work with and either the rules or a commentator's comments, usually I can at least see why. This, I'm just confused and wanting to improve my own knowledge. I'd think there must be some sort of reason, because they bothered to go back and fix the calling from the CoSp to Sp, but there was no level changed, and so I figure there must be a justification there. But we'll probably never know why.

    On the other hand, regardless of the scoring details, it was their best outing of Carmen so far, I thought.

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    I can't get enough of watching their programs from Canadians! They take my breath away!

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Marina has a little dog that she carries in a designer bag which has a small plastic inset for the doggie to see out. She walked by me as I was standing in line in the concourse and I wondered what that odd pattern was on the end of her very chic bag, then when she stopped a few feet away I saw that it was the dog’s face pressed up against the plastic.
    There were two coaches with little dogs in their bags? I know Seguin's coach had a little Terrier in her bag at the Kiss & Cry.

  10. #150

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    There were two coaches with little dogs in their bags? I know Seguin's coach had a little Terrier in her bag at the Kiss & Cry.
    This dog was with Marina even in Nice

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I can't get enough of watching their programs from Canadians! They take my breath away!
    Me too

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Me too
    Yes, I think it is safe to say this was their best outing of the season. Two amazing skates.

    ETA: Perhaps their two best outings since the Olympics?

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Yes, I think it is safe to say this was their best outing of the season. Two amazing skates.

    ETA: Perhaps their two best outings since the Olympics?
    I think in Nice they were amazing too. SD was And they were so fast.
    I hope they save the best for WCh. It will be too high pressure on them.

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

    I mean they were truly solid and bang on in both performances.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Overall, I really liked V/M's performances at Nats. The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.
    Yeah, I know. I felt that was true in all disciplines, not just ice dance. R.I.P. Randy Starkman

  17. #157

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Overall, I really liked V/M's performances at Nats. The only disappointing thing were the ridiculous articles churned out by the "journalists" covering the event.
    Agree. Some of articles was werid.
    Just watched ECh SD. Dont know, i didnt feel someone was better, then P-B and i miss them
    And it will be hard for W-P back to there top with such hih marks for B-S and I-K
    But i also didnt think this team could be close to T-S, sorry, maybe i am too uber.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Watching the SD again, I hope they change the ending. The "almost-kiss" is too cheesy. If they want to face each other, the ending they had at the beginning of the season was better.

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Watching the SD again, I hope they change the ending. The "almost-kiss" is too cheesy. If they want to face each other, the ending they had at the beginning of the season was better.
    For me most importamt they will not return one from GPF

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Watching the SD again, I hope they change the ending. The "almost-kiss" is too cheesy. If they want to face each other, the ending they had at the beginning of the season was better.
    Polka is cheesy I think it fits with the new playfulness of the SD. The ending at the beginning of the season (not the GPF ending which I hated the most) suited their original SD theme..

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •