Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    They just changed the choreo lift in the FD last week:
    They changed their creative lift in the free, assembling one more exclamation point at the end of the program. It was altered in part because judges felt it was too hard to see and wanted it adding to the storyline.

I like (the) new one,” Zoueva said. “It’s just a baby. Maybe after this competition, we give it (a) name.”
    source.
    I couldn't find the article, but Tessa says why they changed it and the decision was made last week.

Also this one: http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...udging-dimanno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    No, we won't. We're nice Canadians. We just won't give them a standing ovation.
    Consider this very Canadian affair (last few paragraphs):

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...to-world-stage

If they don't win there should be some serious Carmen Smack down Notre Dame De Paris sing off at the skater's hotel after, to get rid off any bad tastes complete with lots of Bordeaux wine on ISU Tab. The public response will certainly be lustful, obsessive, gothic, rife with jealousy, revenge, blood, gore, guts and doom and that is just the first 100 youtube comments . No pressure or anything nice Canadians

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...uga-hotel.html

I hope unruly Scott isn't envolved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I know you - you will give standing ovations to D-W Not like in Bourne-Kraatz times - just ignore main rivals )))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hahaha, you have a good point! But back in the B/K era, it seemed like N. American dancers could never make a dent in the system. Years of frustration = ignoring main rivals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Hahaha, you have a good point! But back in the B/K era, it seemed like N. American dancers could never make a dent in the system. Years of frustration = ignoring main rivals.

Guys, any off-ice stuff from Nationals? Maybe you saw something interesting arround.

vCash
    I just logged on a little while ago and haven't caught up yet. Will post thoughts later (am multitasking, lol).

It was a great competition and so much fun to attend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    I just logged on a little while ago and haven't caught up yet. Will post thoughts later (am multitasking, lol).
    Cant wait

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    If they don't win there should be some serious Carmen Smack down Notre Dame De Paris sing off at the skater's hotel after, to get rid off any bad tastes complete with lots of Bordeaux wine on ISU Tab. The public response will certainly be lustful, obsessive, gothic, rife with jealousy, revenge, blood, gore, guts and doom and that is just the first 100 youtube comments . No pressure or anything nice Canadians
    So basically you're telling us to drink lots, charge it to ISU and serenade the judges' hotel windows with an aria from Carmen?? Just wanna make sure I get this right so my friends and I can start vocal lessons now.

vCash
    So basically you're telling us to drink lots, charge it to ISU and serenade the judges' hotel windows with an aria from Carmen?? Just wanna make sure I get this right so my friends and I can start vocal lessons now.

vCash
    I know you - you will give standing ovations to D-W Not like in Bourne-Kraatz times - just ignore main rivals )))))))))))))))))))))))))
    If this Canadian were going to world's I bloody well would NOT give a standing O to D/W regardless of how well they skate, especially if they skate last AND beat an amazing FD by Tessa & Scott. I can be THAT stubborn about things -- just ask anyone who knows me well.

There's a part of me wishing I were going but when I checked into even getting a 3-pack, the seat would be so far back, I'd probably not see much so am resigned to watching at home.
    Crazy about sports!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Maybe just a little sitting ovation .. polite applause and a smile. Nothing fancy.

vCash
    I noticed some new interesting things in Carmen. First of all, I finally realized what has always been hitting me in the very opening pose: Scott is in the same position of a gunfighter of Western movies, aka Spaghetti Western ((: it is as though a deathly duel is starting, which makes my imagination run wild since the most celebrated and melodramatic love story set in the Old West is "Duel in the sun", with the unforgettable finale where Jennifer Jones and Gregory Peck kills each other and then passionately kiss while dying ((: love = death. yep, there is a little bit of this in Carmen. And, oh, I’m not sure if it’s a new addition, but have you seen the way her blink when his hand caress her leg, wow, it is so sensual. Tiny details like this are even more impressive then the more explicit moves (i.e. sex is born from the eyes)
    Second, I’m happy to see that the Habanera is really danced here, it’s a dark rendition of course, but you still get the impression that it’s a dance, which never happens in your typical Carmen program. Even if we know that this opening dancing is basically the beginning of the end for them, you can feel the excitement and wild happiness of a Spanish folk feast, and in this respect her dress is perfect. I’m glad she hasn’t changed it. Dressed like that, she reminds me of the dark female figures in Goya’s paintings. Actually, the whole program has a Goyan vibration.
    Not only a true Habanera, they also convey the feeling of the Corrida (that is part of the original story as we all now) but here we’re not sure which of the two is the bull and who is the matador. Now, I detest the Corrida, but here the violence, the blood, the sacrifice of the bull is elevated into a symbolic (and erothic) sphere.
    Last little remark, they added piano sounds to the end of the flower song. It’s a little bit bizzarre because it doesn’t sound very in tune with the last echoes of the piece ((:

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    No, we won't. We're nice Canadians. We just won't give them a standing ovation.
    eheheh
    nicer than the audience at nice (because IIRC i think they booed v/m?)

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    If this Canadian were going to world's I bloody well would NOT give a standing O to D/W regardless of how well they skate, especially if they skate last AND beat an amazing FD by Tessa & Scott. I can be THAT stubborn about things -- just ask anyone who knows me well.
    After reading the above, it saddens me to learn that's how you feel, PDeb. I understand that you take a lot of pride in the skaters from your country (as do most skating fans), but I was under the impression that you were a fan of figure skating as a sport, and that you could and would show appreciation for well-skated programs, regardless of the skater's/team's nationality.

That type of planned display in the audience (the one in your post quoted above) is the kind of classless behavior I would expect from someone like Lissa, who seizes any opportunity to make one venomous post after another about Davis and White. Although you don't engage in that level of hatred and spewing of bile, if you're seriously intending to engage in the above behavior at the upcoming World Championships, I apparently was wrong regarding my opinion of you, and that's a disappointment -- I thought you were a better person than that.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    tbh if i had to watch ND live, i'd prolly need a stiff drink as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    After reading the above, it saddens me to learn that's how you feel, PDeb. I understand that you take a lot of pride in the skaters from your country (as do most skating fans), but I was under the impression that you were a fan of figure skating as a sport, and that you could and would show appreciation for well-skated programs, regardless of the skater's/team's nationality.

That type of planned display in the audience (the one in your post quoted above) is the kind of classless behavior I would expect from someone like Lissa, who seizes any opportunity to make one venomous post after another about Davis and White. Although you don't engage in that level of hatred and spewing of bile, if you're seriously intending to engage in the above behavior at the upcoming World Championships, I apparently was wrong regarding my opinion of you, and that's a disappointment -- I thought you were a better person than that.
    Dont take this too serious/ It was just joke. From what i see on TV there is very warm audience in Canada - they support good skating and give standing ovations often. When in some other countries (like in USA) they gave standing ovations only for skaters from there country.
    This alwayse will be people who will made crazy things. But in Nice some fans from USA (old ladies) didnt gave any applauds to V-M. Isnt this werid?

vCash
    So I wonder if Eurosport will cover the Nationals & we can hear what they have to say about the changes......

vCash
    Dont take this too serious/ It was just joke. From what i see on TV there is very warm audience in Canada - they support good skating and give standing ovations often. When in some other countries (like in USA) they gave standing ovations only for skaters from there country.
    This alwayse will be people who will made crazy things. But in Nice some fans from USA (old ladies) didnt gave any applauds to V-M. Isnt this werid?
    I didn't notice the audience in Nice too much because it has no bearing on how I view V/M, although it's always nice to hear/see their work being appreciated.

And on another note, it's always easy to judge people when you're just an anonymous person behind a computer screen. It's like Scott and Tessa have said about people making assumptions about them based on the programs they skate. Let's try to reserve judgment on others based on something they've written (probably with tongue in cheek) on a figure skating forum.

vCash
    I think people get too upset too easily about silly tongue in cheek remarks. We will be fortunate indeed to have all these teams competing in London, and I'm sure there will be SO's for everyone who deserves it
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I think people get too upset too easily about silly tongue in cheek remarks. We will be fortunate indeed to have all these teams competing in London, and I'm sure there will be SO's for everyone who deserves it
    I am sure you will Not like at last season at 4CC americans just ignore VM

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast