Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I loved it too! Not much more to add about it that hasn't been said!!!

As for Paul/Islam, I was sad too. I loved that FD. I really didn't like G/P's free at all but with the mistakes by P/I, they really couldn't do better.

The skating this year in all the disciplines was pretty great!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    1. I see why they lost the level on the lift: she didn't get into position quickly enough. It was tight, but noticeable. And frankly, if they got deducted for

2. Sweet jesus, that choreo lift entry is easier? Anyway, it's definitely steamy.

3. I think the second footwork sequence worked better here than it did at the GPF, or maybe it was the camera angles, but the balance between precision and madness that I loved about the mach one version is here.

4. They really sold the tenderness alongside the carnality.
    I know, maybe the person who tweeted is was easier meant it flows better. I am so thrilled they changed the ending. I knew they could come up with something just as good or better and we definitely got better here. It keeps the flow and excitement started with the preceding lift and raises it a notch. I keep watching it on replay with a smile on my face.

vCash
    Wow. I don't even know what to say that was almost perfect to me. I LOVE the new ending, even more than the old one. Like Tracy I too thought they dropped out of that lift where Tessa is upside down, early. Other than that it was amazing! When they do finally skate this program perfectly, I hope to God they get rewarded for it because it truly is stunning!

Was the video shaky towards the end for anyone else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    1. I see why they lost the level on the lift: she didn't get into position quickly enough. It was tight, but noticeable. And frankly, if they got deducted for the first lift, I wouldn't be surprised.

Exactly. It was noticable so why the freak out over them being deducted? It's an easy fix and of course the spin was quite slow and Tracy said maybe not all the required rotations? Again easy fix. Enjoy the performance, as I just did again, it was a beauty!

vCash
    They definitely lost the levels (Proustable stated the reason) and got the time deduction for the combo lift. I think the other prolonged lift was the spectacular final one. It seemed to go on just a second or two longer that it should have. No idea what they did wrong in the spin... The ending looked a tiny bit shaky from Scott, but level 1...
    I love the changes in the music and choreo at the end of the "tender" part, into the "crazy" part. The ending is great and the whole performance flowed better than ever.
    (If I were to nitpick, I'd say I'm not really in love with the second SS... It's intricate, but I prefered the original one.)

vCash
    I thought Tessa and Scott were the most expressive and "all in" emotionally than ever before and contributed to the tremendous intensity that drew you in and almost made you hold your breath until it was over. Despite the deductions, it was breathtaking. I didn't get the level 1 on the spin though.

vCash
    That was an awesome FD for January .. so crisp, exciting and absolutely mesmerizing .. can hardly wait to see it at 4CC but especially at worlds where I'll get to see Carmen and them live for the first time!

vCash
    I saw both the SD and FD live and both were amazing. Love the fixes in the SD since the GP and their performance totally drew me in.

I was really looking forward to seeing the FD live. I can't say enough about it. It was stunning!!! Now that they have smoothed out the SD, I am sure they will turn their attention to Carmen. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how they improve the dance, because already, this Carmen is a dance I did not want to end.

It really is dancing at it's finest, when you forget they are on skates!!!
    Last edited by intentions; 01-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    The link says it's available in Canada only.

Thank you for all the reports though!

vCash
    Thank you!

Oh, my - I have to say - if I thought that it was a fine piece of art before, then now, with the added speed, flow, the new ending, and even more expression, it's even more so. Before, the not so huge flaws (especially the lack of speed and ease in some places) didn't let me to perceive this piece of art fully, but the small flaws that are left now (the problems with the lifts and spin) don't hinder me from perceiving it at all. About the ending - yes, the previous lift was great and beautiful, but it looked even too difficult (which is not a good thing, as we know, because there can only be two ways - either everything looks easy, although it's not, or it it does look difficult, but at the same time you think: "amazing how easily they do this"). Now this looks difficult and easy at the same time. And also oh so very hot + I like that shoulder shake from Tessa so much (that is hot too).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

I'm in the States and it works for me. Is it not on YT yet?

Thanks for the report intentions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

I had the same issue. Try this page, on the right side where all the clips are. If it worked for me, you should be able to see it too.

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/

vCash
    Deleted Post

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I had the same issue. Try this page, on the right side where all the clips are. If it worked for me, you should be able to see it too.

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/
    It does! Thank you!!!!

vCash

YEAH!
    vCash
    Fantastic program! Scott was the revelation here.... he upped his game.... smoking hot and very expressive with the face/upper body. It's like, I know Tessa is going to destroy me, but I'm not going to make it easy. I love the way he pushes her away at 0:45, then goes right into grabbing her ass. He's more violent when he needs to be violent, more tender when he needs to be tender. And Tessa is scorching too, by the final footwork sequence, she just looks insane.

The Lysacek style slicked back hair needs to go, though.

I had to rewind the choreo lift like 5 times. I still can't wrap my head around it - there's a lot going on! It's so complicated, does anyone know what level it would be if it were called? (I'd wondered about the last one too). As always, they make things harder on themselves. It would've been as effective without the flipping and twisting, but I love that they always challenge themselves and they deserve to be rewarded for it in PCS. It reminds me a little of the Temptation lift the way she is snaking around him, although the movements are different. I love how she struggles in Scott's arm, it looks til the very moment that he is going to have his way, then bam, at the end she wins the fight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I had already placed a copy of this in the Canadian Nationals Free Dance thread. I did not place it in this thread as its my understanding that it is a breach of forum rules to post current competition videos and results in the Trash Can or the Great Skate Debate sections. Instead, they have to go in the K&C. Hence, strictly speaking this video (and others that were posted earlier from CN) should not be in this thread - unless the rules have changed? Admin, please clarify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    I had already placed a copy of this in the Canadian Nationals Free Dance thread. I did not place it in this thread as its my understanding that it is a breach of forum rules to post current competition videos and results in the Trash Can or the Great Skate Debate sections. Instead, they have to go in the K&C. Hence, strictly speaking this video (and others that were posted earlier from CN) should not be in this thread - unless the rules have changed? Admin, please clarify.
    Um, I don't know.

vCash
    For anyone who watched on TV, do you guys know what Scott said about Tessa at the end of the interview in the K&C? They were both laughing and Rob said after "Oh, Scott..." but I didn't catch it.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    I wasn't aware that was a rule. If it is, it hasn't been strictly enforced, because other fan threads in this section and many general discussion threads in GSD have links to current competition videos (like the country-specific skating threads and the Sandhu returning to competition thread). My understanding is that the admins don't want people starting discussion threads or doing play-by-play out here during a competition, because it wastes bandwith, but it seems to be accepted practice to discuss current events in the skater-specific threads with the accompanying posts of relevant videos, photos, articles, results, tweets, etc.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast