Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    This question is important but we won't see it. If someone is going to try the 4Axel at the practices, I guess ISU will be asked to change the rule before the skater actually tries it in the SP.

Actually, what are the required elements ? a combo quad or triple + double or triple THEN a 2 or 3 Axel THEN a solo triple.
    The question would be the same for a quad/quad combo, right ?
    Exactly - just like Asada and JSF got the ladies 2a requirement changed to 3a. Once someone wants to do a 4a in the sp, I'm guessing they will do quads only?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I believe Plushenko has done 3A+4T combos in practice.
    3axel/3.5toe

vCash
    Lol, let’s discuss this issue once there is a non-faked video in the net of someone trying it in practice!

Being more serious I remember having read an article linked on another skating board (I think goldenskate) some years ago where they analysed that with current technical equipment it is impossible to do a quad axel as it’s physically impossible for the skaters to stay long enough in the air to finish it. Unfortunately I don’t remember the link, but maybe someone else still has it?

vCash
    Mao Asada did it at the Vancouver Olympics. 3A+2T, 3F, 2A.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    If anyone attempts a 4A in competition, I'd gladly pass the cup around to help pay for their eventual hip replacement.

vCash
    4A... can we not? Can we stop this unhealthy fascination with crap that sends skaters into hip/back/knee replacements? Give me some gorgeous triple jumps, and I'm a happy girl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    4A... can we not? Can we stop this unhealthy fascination with crap that sends skaters into hip/back/knee replacements? Give me some gorgeous triple jumps, and I'm a happy girl.
    I am not "fascinated with crap". This was a judging/scoring question. The knee replacements/hip/back injuries are due to excessive training/repetition of jumps from a young age because that what this sport has eroded into.
    I only want to know why doing beyond the requirements is penalized more than do far less?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12