vCash

Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular

Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular is on NBC on January 20 from 4-6 p.m. ET

vCash
    Thanks for the reminder that it's today! There's also an event thread in GSD with photos & videos: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...n-Jamestown-NY
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Well, poop, we're getting some dumb "Inside the Redskins" special instead. Stupid football!!!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    @KIEMNews Why are you playing paid advertising instead of the NBC Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular that TitanTV promised me?
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    I can see it

*ducks and runs before skateycat and Wyliefan throws something at me*
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Hallelujah, I actually got an e-mail apology from my NBC affiliate! The guy's going to see if it's been rescheduled. Fingers crossed . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Is it cheesy as heck? I seem to remember watching about 3 minutes of it a few years back and cringing because it was so bad.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    this is so awful it's unbelievable (but of course I'm watching it).

I did like the synchronized parallel bars routine, and Gabby Douglas' balance beam routine was ok. All the skating choreography is cringeworthy This is why I usually ignore non-competition shows
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    It was on in my area. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave it a 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    It was on in my area. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave it a 3.
    Wow, what did they do that was better than previous shows? I was fearing that given the recent Summer Games, there'd be less skating and more "artistic" gymnastics.

vCash
    I believe it was pre-empted in our area (other sports coverage ). Why do they have to have these teeny bopper bands as music guests? There have been some quality musical artists in the past. That said, the emphasis should still be on the athletes.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I got it on my local NBC affiliate, not the one out of Philly. Loved the cast of skaters but hated the show..Too much going on...skaters, gymnasts, bands and a partridge in a pear tree. Very ADHD, my head was spinning..

Had Adam not been in it, I may have DVR'd it and then deleted it next July without ever seeing it.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    To paraphrase a recent song, "this was f***ing AWFUL.." (instead of "awesome"). I like cheese for real food, but this cheese was STANK.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    I'm surprised that two of Muse's songs were used in the rings and parallel bars routines. Is Muse trying to promote their upcoming tour on this uber cheesy show??? That would be very desperate.

vCash
    I only watched it because a few of my fave gymnasts and skaters were on it. They don't have many pro shows they can do anymore (especially the gymnasts). Nastia made the Subway breakfast muffin sound so good though (with the spinach and tomato) that I did go out and buy one the next day. It was tasty.

vCash
    For those who had their their NBC broadcast pre-empted in January, this show is being re-aired on Sunday, April 14, 2013 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET (check your local listings): http://www.dissonskating.com/2013/04...ton-hhonors-2/
    Skaters:
    Meryl Davis & Charlie White
    Jeremy Abbott
    Ashley Wagner
    Alissa Czisny
    Maia and Alex Shibutani
    Adam Rippon
    Gracie Gold

Gymnasts:
    Nastia Liukin
    Gabrielle Douglas
    Aly Raisman
    Jordyn Wieber
    Danell Leyva
    Jonathan Horton
    Chris Brooks

Musical Guest Stars:
    R5
    The Fresh Beat Band

TV Hosts:
    Peggy Fleming
    Bart Conner
    Nadia Comaneci
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It's on today.

Banned Member
    vCash