Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Brian Boitano posted a picture of the wedding cake on Twitter! So lovely!
    http://img.ly/rX2F
    Very elegant...which isn't my usual reaction to a cake!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    By inviting skating reporters Phil Hersh and Christine Brennan, they MUST have had a clue. They're no dummies!
    AFAIK they were invited as guests, not invited as reporters to cover the event. There's a big difference.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    AFAIK they were invited as guests, not invited as reporters to cover the event. There's a big difference.
    I dunno, if you don't want to have people talk about your event online or posting anything, you don't invite social media addicts. -shrug-

Even Brian Boitano posted a picture of the cake, so all this is probably okay and was expected by the couple. At least it looks like nobody was snapping pictures of the ceremony on their iPads. I went to a wedding where someone was doing just that.

Blergh
    vCash
    I think it's one of those things where Kwan doesn't want to invite the media to make a big public spectacle of the event, but doesn't mind if people just shared photos on their own social media accounts.

Also, an article and picture was published covering the event, so Kwan knows that her wedding would invite some media attention.

I think it's a good balance. Give enough tidbits to appease fans, but keep it private enough for Kwan and Pell's comfort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I think it's one of those things where Kwan doesn't want to invite the media to make a big public spectacle of the event, but doesn't mind if people just shared photos on their own social media accounts.

Also, an article and picture was published covering the event, so Kwan knows that her wedding would invite some media attention.

I think it's a good balance. Give enough tidbits to appease fans, but keep it private enough for Kwan and Pell's comfort.
    I agree.
    Nothing that has been shared by the attendees has been inappropriate, IMO.

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    Congratulations! Very happy for her!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Congrats to The Kween & Kwing! So will Baby #1 arrive before or after the Sochi Olympics???
    First...LOL!!

Second...Do I see a Vbet in our future?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Grant is on the coaching staff at East West.
    Yes, and he idolizes her, has since the Lyra days. He had never met her in person until San Jose last yr and he was thrilled to do so.

He wrote a very nice tribute to her on the IN biography page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post

If People magazine will be publishing a story and photos of the wedding in their next issue, I'd say Michelle and Clay had no problem with media being there. Maybe they just wanted to control which media? Perfectly fair, I think.

Looks to me like they wanted it kept quiet to the runup in order to keep whackadoo fans from being obnoxious, but after the event, they're perfectly happy to share what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    If People magazine will be publishing a story and photos of the wedding in their next issue, I'd say Michelle and Clay had no problem with media being there. Maybe they just wanted to control which media? Perfectly fair, I think.

Looks to me like they wanted it kept quiet to the runup in order to keep whackadoo fans from being obnoxious, but after the event, they're perfectly happy to share what happened.
    ^^ Exactly, ITA, as has already been said numerous times. Anita18 said it best: Michelle and Clay "are not dummies." No way they weren't aware that Phil and Christine would be tweeting photos and tidbits before and after the ceremony and during the reception. No way that Phil and Christine would have been doing so without M&C knowledge and approval. The questioning of it is much ado about nothing, IMHO. There are obviously many people Michelle and Clay care about who couldn't attend, so the tweets and photos were a great way of sharing in real time. It bears repeating: Kween is definitely "no dummy."

Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Yes, and he idolizes her, has since the Lyra days. He had never met her in person until San Jose last yr and he was thrilled to do so.

He wrote a very nice tribute to her on the IN biography page.
    That's lovely and very sweet of Grant. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-21-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    No way that Phil and Christine would have been doing so without M&C knowledge and approval.
    And you know this how?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    OMG I am in tears. I am three years older than Michelle but I remember being 16 and watching Michelle at 13 at the Olympic Trials and I just feel like I grew up right along side her. There was a point between 1999-2001 where I was not as involved in watching skating but I always would go online to see what Michelle was up to. And then the 2002 Olympics made me the uber I am today. I am so proud to be her fan! She has grown into an amazing woman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Gun? Where'd she hide a gun in that dress? Vera Wang must be more of an amazing designer than I thought.
    I meant 'gun-toting policeman'. Fixed.

ETA: I want to see that traditional red dress too!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-21-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    vCash
    Michelle Kwan has touched my heart, more deeply than I ever knew. I used to follow every competition and performance she gave. Then, after life took us all away in different directions, I didn't follow skating so much. A few champions caught my interest (Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Kim Yeon-Ah)...I would catch their highlights and still, never with the same depth nor interest as I had felt following the career of Ms. Kwan. Now, with her wedding, I find myself in the old fascination, searching for pictures, revisiting old performances (thanks to all who have posted links), and feeling somehow involved. She is a very special person; I am blessed with her presence in my life. May Mr. Pell cherish and adore her, as we all have.

vCash
    Given that Clay works for the National Security Council, I would *hope* he would be able to help plan a wedding in secret.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    OMG I am in tears. I am three years older than Michelle but I remember being 16 and watching Michelle at 13 at the Olympic Trials and I just feel like I grew up right along side her. There was a point between 1999-2001 where I was not as involved in watching skating but I always would go online to see what Michelle was up to. And then the 2002 Olympics made me the uber I am today. I am so proud to be her fan! She has grown into an amazing woman.
    Indeed! Wonderful memories, UGG. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And you know this how?
    What might it take to quash your niggling worries about "photo-tweeting at MK's wedding," overedge? What, are you practicing to be a prosecutor or are you secretly interested in a career in PI, CSI, or more aptly WSI (wedding scene investigation). Perhaps it will take MK herself wielding Clay's saber to burst your unwieldy bubble.

But since it matters less than nothing and your worries and fault-finding are as usual so much ado about nothing, let me just say for once and for all, Michelle and Clay clearly had to be aware that members of the media whom they invited to their wedding would be sharing some tweets and photos. M&C most likely felt it would be a good way to share with friends, family and fans who were not present. But go ahead and continue making a big deal about it if doing so is important to you. BTW, in regard to Michelle Kwan, maybe I'm clairvoyant or maybe NOT. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I meant 'gun-toting policeman'. Fixed.

ETA: I want to see that traditional red dress too!
    Ha ha, yes, I read your post twice and I realized you were referring to the security detail at the church. After all, the governor of Rhode Island was there along with other politicos including the Kween bride, and her Coast Guard lieutenant groom who happens to work at the White House. I had to read your post twice, because in that very short clip, my eyes were preoccupied with looking at the Kween and her sister Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Capella
    Given that Clay works for the National Security Council, I would *hope* he would be able to help plan a wedding in secret.

vCash
    im a guy and yet im pretty close to tears

im so melodramatic no? i feel like my big sister just got married..lmao
    Oi I need a slap

Michelle is really grown up!!!

vCash
    Additional reports, but nothing new so far, altho' I hadn't seen the aol video before, even tho' it's not new info:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...an-is-married/

http://gymtruthteller.wordpress.com/...-gets-married/ (This blog compiles all articles, tweets, and photos)

http://www.aol.com/video/michelle-kw...ils/517482133/

vCash
    Michelle's wedding is now trending #1 on Yahoo!! That's great. People Magazine sort of has the corner on Michelle's wedding. Hopefully, we will see her other two dresses when People hits the newsstands on Friday. Looking forward to it. I also read on Paula Abdul's twitter page that an original song called "My Everything" was written for Michelle and Clay by Donnie Demers and performed by his brother, Jimmy. I have heard a lot about them, but they are not that well known. They are friends of Michelle, and they are very talented musicians. I'd love to hear the song.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What other two dresses? Did she wear a Chinese red one?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast