Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Passive aggression ≠ "joking"
    Hmmm, fascinating revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Ya know, on one end of the batshit spectrum there is "uber-enthusiasm"...on the other end there is "obnoxious as fcuk". Guess which end you dwell on?
    Gosh, what an irresistible opportunity for you guys to get the knives out, eh? You must have been waiting for quite awhile.

Poor maligned, Rex. Bad, passive-aggressive, obnoxious aftershocks.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying the wonderful news about Michelle's and Clay's wedding, and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures in People. Maybe there will be a better view of the reception dress and hopefully one of the red dress too.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    I've been googling 'Michelle Kwan red wedding dress' for several days now without result. I afraid it's gonna become her fashion equivalent of 'The Bells of Moscow'. We ain't never gonna see it
    People has to deliver! C'mon, People! I hope someone posts scanned pics if I don't get around to buying it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Is the woman between dick and michelle in one of the pics, Dick's wife? Has anyone posted a pic of the red dress?
    Is that Evelyn Kramer, The Spin Doctor?

vCash
    I'm not sure if it is Evelyn Kramer but it could be. I found images of Evelyn on google and I think it looks like her.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, it looks like you're right, kwanette.

http://www.evelynkramer.com/

vCash
    Sweet Mary on the half shell, batsh*t doesn't even begin to tell the story.

And you can't malign Rex anyway - he's above your reach.

(ETA: 'you' being aftershocks - only on my 3rd coffee so still a bit foggy... )
    Last edited by succubus; 01-23-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

vCash
    Yes, aftershocks, we're all fans of Kwan (well, most of us are anyway) but you're really taking it to a whole new level. Your over-analysis of even the most minute details pertaining to Kwan's wedding is highly disturbing and suggests bot-like tendencies. I wouldn't even be so defensive about my own wedding.

I'd suggest you get some help, but that would seem too condescending. Just putting it out there, though...

vCash
    Wow the atmosphere here remind me so much of the typical after wedding drunk party.

Both sides of bride and groom finally got bit tipsy, a bit drunk finally get to 'discover' the 'real in-laws' and show how they reaally feel! It has the same typical rants, complaints, sarcasm antics, bitching (feigning as good humour, but to some would be of poor taste depends on which sides you are on, and how close of a relative are you to the bride and groom), defensive mode, failed attempt at ending squabbling by other guests, lecturing, give up, carry on drinking, more dancing and everything.

When are we going to see a snog of opposites attracts? I am still waiting.

Truly Michelle gave us another memorable genuine complete performance once again I bet this should be more entertaining thanthe US nationals (unless Mirai decide to rock the boat, which I'd be happily bring my own wave machine).
    Last edited by os168; 01-23-2013 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    ^^ Very funny os168, and a fairly apt description too.

Maybe we'd all be "lovely people together if we had a chance to sit down over a poutine" ... at the after party.

Even with my "bot-like tendencies," I haven't been able to find a pic of Michelle's red dress. Funnybut may be right that it might remain a mystery. I'm sure MK looked beautiful in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    Fashion commentary: LOVED both of Michelle's very different gowns. From classy/dignified/elegant to fun/flirty/fab! You go, Michelle! Wish I could have done a costume change mid-wedding. What a great idea! Instead, I ended up getting my fishtail stepped on and my dress ripped ... good times
    It sounds as though Michelle was glad to have her shorter dress for later in the reception, since the "bustle button" on her gown got ripped off. I think this People story is different from the one linked to earlier; although the picture is the same one, there are different quotes. Here's what Michelle had to say about the first dance:

Kwan, 32, and Pell, 31, who got engaged in September, chose "We've Only Just Begun" for their first dance. Kwan's sister Karen, 34, "tried to choreograph it," Pell says, "but we went off-script a little bit."

"We were having the time of our lives," Kwan says. "We were supposed to twirl but where the button goes to bustle my dress, it ripped off, but Clay loves to dance."

Turning to Pell, Kwan adds, "You danced like no one was watching, or people were watching but you didn't care because you were having the time of your life. I love that!"
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    When the People magazine feature appears, it's possible that we will see the red dress.

vCash
    We want a baby! We want a baby! A Mini-Kween or Mini-Kwing! V-bets at the ready!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    We want a baby! We want a baby! A Mini-Kween or Mini-Kwing! V-bets at the ready!
    Tweens!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    os168, you must have been to some classy weddings.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Was Tara invited?

*runs away*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    ... I think this People story is different from the one linked to earlier; although the picture is the same one, there are different quotes. Here's what Michelle had to say about the first dance:

Thanks for the updated link. It does provide lots of new details about the ceremony that will probably be incorporated in the full People article. As with most weddings, it seems to have been very touching and heartwarming, along with the minor unexpected mishap re the missing candle wick. Clay to the rescue.

And dare I gush ... How sweet was Clay's description of "feeling Michelle's energy, sense of grace and contentedness." They look and sound so very much in love.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Is there only the one shot of the reception dress with the lace at the top? I'd love to see a full length picture of the whole dress.

vCash
    I downloaded People today. In the preview section (I've got it on my iPad) there's a lovely picture of Michelle putting on her earrings. I can't wait to read it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I downloaded People today. In the preview section (I've got it on my iPad) there's a lovely picture of Michelle putting on her earrings. I can't wait to read it!
    Is it a long article? We have been given some tantalizing bits and pieces. I was disappointed with the actual "engagement" article because it was too short. Hopefully, the wedding article will include more! I'll be searching for the copy tomorrow at the bookstore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Is it a long article? We have been given some tantalizing bits and pieces. I was disappointed with the actual "engagement" article because it was too short. Hopefully, the wedding article will include more! I'll be searching for the copy tomorrow at the bookstore.
    Just picked up this issue at Kroger. Artlcle is only a paragraph long. Two pages, but five wedding pics. None of red dress. One of them cutting the cake, one of Michelle w/bridesmaids, one group photo of Michelle in other dress (not full length shot) w/Brian, Dick, & Dorothy, one of the exit from the church w/the swords, and one large one of Michelle & Clay posing (have to say I am not fond of Michelle n this pic). No real details of the ceremony are given at all.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast