Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Is this really necessary?
    Necessary? No. Expected? But of course.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Rex in form fine or otherwise, indeed!

Hi there Rex, Happy New Year! How magnanimous of you to drop in to the celebration.

I doubt MK was interested in "throwing anyone off," re who was going to design her wedding gown. Obviously she was more interested in "throwing everyone off" re the scheduled wedding date. It was pretty much known and confirmed that Vera would be doing the designing, as soon as Michelle's engagement was announced. Vera designed skating costumes for Michelle throughout her skating career, and as Michelle said, "Vera knows my body and my lines really well." Pell, for the course Vera, Bravo!

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...-wedding-gown/

BTW, Rex, keeping your inane "snark" to yourself in the briefing room was surely a good idea. Probably ditto for this thread too, but what the heck. Anyway, did you think your clever yet idiotic observation might advance the cause of increasing pay for lieutenants in the military? You might be better off organizing a Lieutenants United for Better Pay group, and lobbying Congress, or Mrs Obama and Dr. Jill Biden.

In regard to Clay in particular, since he doesn't really need to work for money, that's even more reason to admire him for serving as a coast guard lieutenant and working on the National Security Council staff at the White House.

Michelle, Ma Belle Pell! Oh yes, indeed it does rhyme, beautifully.
    Wow. I guess you are too thick to realize that I was just joking. Being a Navy vet and working for the Coast Guard FOR commissioned officers, I'm quite aware of what the officer pay scale is - probably a bit more than you, chica. But thanks for thinking that my snark is clever and idiotic at the same time.
    aftershocks, there will never be another like you - and I thank God for that .
    Last edited by Rex; 01-23-2013 at 03:11 AM.

vCash
    aftershocks, I'm very sorry that God deigned you the Official Defender of every perceived slight against all of your favorite skaters. It must be a very time-consuming job. I am very glad I have never been appointed to such a position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    aftershocks, I'm very sorry that God deigned you the Official Defender of every perceived slight against all of your favorite skaters. It must be a very time-consuming job. I am very glad I have never been appointed to such a position
    I owe you some rep!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I owe you some rep!
    Got yer back on that one!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

aftershocks, get a grip. We are all enjoying the wonderful news and if you can't have a sense of humour about these things then maybe you should give the Kween a break and go find something to post about your other object of uberdom. I am sure there is a Johnny thread out there that needs your attention.

vCash
    Yes, I know you were joking Rex. I was too, but I guess not enough for your enjoyment.

The fact you guys are taking my response so defensively I think says way more about how you feel about me in particular than it does about how you or I feel about Kween.

Ahhh, the usual suspects. Don't let my uber-enthusiasm spoil your enjoyment of the wonderful news.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You know, as much as I loved the ceremony gown, I am not loving the reception one. It is a bit too juvenile for MK. Also, makes me think of one of these.

"Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I heard the dress came with a free Waterford candy dish.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Passive aggression ≠ "joking"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    You know, as much as I loved the ceremony gown, I am not loving the reception one. It is a bit too juvenile for MK. Also, makes me think of one of these.

I'm really not a fan of it either. MK has great style, and the ceremony gown was amazing, but the one at the reception is a disappointment.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    As you're facing him the one on the right is the National Defense Service medal. All US military get it just for serving. The one on the left is a Commendation medal. It's usually given to someone when they leave assignments early in their career if they've done a good job. You can get it for a single act but that's unusual.
    Thanks!!

vCash
    Don't let my uber-enthusiasm spoil your enjoyment of the wonderful news.
    Your "uber-enthusiasm" for Michelle, always so eloquently stated, would be a great addition to The Michelle Kwan Forum.

vCash
    If any of you are really bothered by Rex's post, I suggest you stay far away from many of the articles about the marriage on the internet. The comment sections are full of unbelievably really nasty comments.

4 More Years
    vCash
    I don't think it was Rex's post that "bothered".

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    If any of you are really bothered by Rex's post, I suggest you stay far away from many of the articles about the marriage on the internet. The comment sections are full of unbelievably really nasty comments.
    Nasty? Those aren't even close to being nasty. Now if you want to read some nasty comments at the ends of articles about someone or a group of people, go to any article on the British Royals over at the Daily Mail. Now *those* are vicious and nasty. The comments about Michelle and Clay's Wedding don't even come close!!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Don't let my uber-enthusiasm spoil your enjoyment of the wonderful news.
    Ya know, on one end of the batshit spectrum there is "uber-enthusiasm"...on the other end there is "obnoxious as fcuk". Guess which end you dwell on?
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Fashion commentary: LOVED both of Michelle's very different gowns. From classy/dignified/elegant to fun/flirty/fab! You go, Michelle! Wish I could have done a costume change mid-wedding. What a great idea! Instead, I ended up getting my fishtail stepped on and my dress ripped ... good times

O-

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am looking forward to seeing the red dress. I love those.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I've been googling 'Michelle Kwan red wedding dress' for several days now without result. I afraid it's gonna become her fashion equivalent of 'The Bells of Moscow'. We ain't never gonna see it

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast