Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Michelle's wedding is now trending #1 on Yahoo!! That's great. People Magazine sort of has the corner on Michelle's wedding. Hopefully, we will see her other two dresses when People hits the newsstands on Friday. Looking forward to it. I also read on Paula Abdul's twitter page that an original song called "My Everything" was written for Michelle and Clay by Donnie Demers and performed by his brother, Jimmy. I have heard a lot about them, but they are not that well known. They are friends of Michelle, and they are very talented musicians. I'd love to hear the song.
    Trending #1 doesn't mean it's the top-searched term.

The "trends" are manually picked.

I can see if I can get an advance of the People coverage.

vCash
    Jimmy & Donnie Demers Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7wdY2aX4aU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What other two dresses? Did she wear a Chinese red one?
    I am not certain, but I read that she had a short dress for dancing and a traditional red dress as well. My guess--and it is only a guess--is that the red one might be in the Chinese tradition. ??? If this is true, she probably changed at the reception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck
    Grant is on the coaching staff at East West.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Yes, and he idolizes her, has since the Lyra days. He had never met her in person until San Jose last yr and he was thrilled to do so.

He wrote a very nice tribute to her on the IN biography page.
    Again thanks for pointing that out, kwanette. On his IN bio page, Grant indicates that he "started skating at age 9 after being inspired by watching Michelle Kwan in the 1998 Olympic Winter Games." He goes on to say:

My figure skating heroes are ... Michelle Kwan. The way she managed to stay on the top of the skating world for so long is amazing. Even more impressive is the way in which she skated. She moved from the tips of her fingers down through the end of her boots. She drew you into her performances and made you feel as if you were skating along with her. I don't know if we will ever have a skater like her again. I also admire her transition into the real world from skating. She has handled herself so professionally throughout the years and I admire everything about her.
    --Grant Hochstein

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash

vCash
    best set of pics yet! flower girls, even, and shots of her parents
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I'm surprised Michelle didn't wear the good luck charm her grandmother gave her.

Mrs. Kwan looked smashing. Never seen her with long hair before.

Need to check the MKForum to see if maybe she sent them some special pics.

vCash
    Thanks, kwanette!

vCash
    !! I just saw this! Congratulations to Michelle and Clay, I hope they have many happy years together! And now I can share my birthday with their wedding anniversary as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I'm surprised Michelle didn't wear the good luck charm her grandmother gave her.
    It may have been pinned inside her dress. Many brides do that

I understand that she had a traditional red dress for the reception, as well.
    She likely wore it there.

vCash
    Congratulations Michelle & Clay.

vCash
    Thanks for the link kwanette. The best looks yet and up close too. Is it a French version of People?

I love the shots of Clay and Michelle in profile, leaving the church. And views of a balcony kiss too!

ETA:

http://www.purepeople.com/article/mi...s_a113932/5#13

http://www.purepeople.com/article/mi...s_a113932/5#14

Lovely Michelle. Such emotion, such beauty!

I'd love to see pictures of the entire wedding group together.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Carter Oosterhouse and Amy Smart were guests.

vCash
    ^^ Where did you read that all_empty? Is there more information about the guest list?

vCash
    I scanned the board so quickly and come across these URL without reading all of it. My first reaction was wow purple people, is this a new Michelle fan site? If so can I join in?

Anyways love these pix... she is 2nd generation Asian American, and I just can't help but feels very pleased for her parents. This is the ultimate American Dream wedding any immigrant would dream for their daughter. Even got that amazing 'An Officer and a gentleman feeling to it'. Totally classy, to a first class lady and gent! Beautiful people inside and out!

I wonder if one of Michelle's outfit was Chinese QiPao which matches her roots from HK. I love how Clay is apparently fluent in Chinese and studied law in China, and seems to have gotten used to his share of limelight with many of his own personal achievements to speak of in the public services. These two are really well matched so no wonder Michelle said it was love a first sight So excited for them both! A future power couple for sure!

(and wow Michelle's Mum is a gorgeous elegant lady. Very lovely face.)
    Last edited by os168; 01-21-2013 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Huh. I thought that looked like Amy Smart in the last pic in that french slideshow. Thanks for the link kwanette--she looked absolutely radiant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Where did you read that all_empty? Is there more information about the guest list?
    http://www.toofab.com/2013/01/21/mic...ies-clay-pell/

Some nice photos (I think the same as the French site, but easier to navigate).

vCash
    I wonder what the weather was like that day, since Michelle was outside in a strapless dress with no cover-up. Maybe LOVE kept her warm!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    She's a figure skater. She's used to being scantily dressed in the cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I scanned the board so quickly and come across these URL without reading all of it. My first reaction was wow purple people, is this a new Michelle fan site? If so can I join in?

Anyways love these pix... she is 2nd generation Asian American, and I just can't help but feels very pleased for her parents. This is the ultimate American Dream wedding any immigrant would dream for their daughter. Even got that amazing 'An Officer and a gentleman feeling to it'. Totally classy, to a first class lady and gent! Beautiful people inside and out!

I wonder if one of Michelle's outfit was Chinese QiPao which matches her roots from HK. I love how Clay is apparently fluent in Chinese and studied law in China, and seems to have gotten used to his share of limelight with many of his own personal achievements to speak of in the public services. These two are really well matched so no wonder Michelle said it was love a first sight So excited for them both! A future power couple for sure!

(and wow Michelle's Mum is a gorgeous elegant lady. Very lovely face.)

Yep, and Clay has a family heritage that is long and distinguished in government, public and community service (actually caring about other people and using their position to do something about it). An old Rhode Island family with rich, historic roots. Limelight ain't a problem for Clay, nor is it something he likely seeks or is fazed by. Definitely, it seems that Clay and Michelle were made for each other.

ITA re Michelle's Mom. Michelle, Karen, and Ron are so fortunate in having the parents they have. I learned a lot in reading Michelle's autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    She's a figure skater. She's used to being scantily dressed in the cold.
    LOL ... so right!
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-21-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast