Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    She looked breathtaking as always. Here's to a happy life filled with love, happiness and time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    It's a bittersweet time------

Were YU-na and Irina invited, I wonder?
    Ahhh, the friendly Michelle-Irina rivalry. I miss those days.

vCash
    NM
    Last edited by Lacey; 01-20-2013 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    I am totally alternating between and : going through all the wonderful pics and comments on this thread.

Lol that the bridesmaids are dressed in Purple, she didn't forget FSU Worlds 2001 SOTBS plum purple , to be exact (coincidence? I think not) , it looks so refined. I wish we had a bridesmaids pic .

vCash
    Did Michelle convert to his religion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    bitch please, we both know you will frame that magazine and set it off with some recessed lights

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Here's a teeny tiny clip of Michelle arriving at the church.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_n...-in-providence
    Thanks for the clip!

How unfortunate a gun-toting policeman (well he's got a holstered gun anyway) almost detracts from the overall beauty of the moment! Still, Michelle looks lovely just the same.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-21-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

How unfortunate a gun-toting (well holstered gun anyway) almost detracts from the overall beauty of the moment! Still, Michelle looks lovely just the same.
    Gun? Where'd she hide a gun in that dress? Vera Wang must be more of an amazing designer than I thought.

Watch me move
    vCash
    I wonder how the bride and groom feel about managing to set this whole thing up in secret, and not have word get out until the actual day, and then having guests Tweeting to the world throughout the entire reception. Personally I think that's kind of rude on the guests' part.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wonder how the bride and groom feel about managing to set this whole thing up in secret, and not have word get out until the actual day, and then having guests Tweeting to the world throughout the entire reception. Personally I think that's kind of rude on the guests' part.
    My guess--merely a guess--would be that by the time of the reception, they wouldn't be worrying because it's too late for media to gather. I also would guess that the guests might have asked someone if it would be OK to share some updates for fans.

Watch me move
    vCash
    I hope they asked, although I can't imagine that "updates" are necessary. It's not a staged photo-op or a fan event, it's a day for the bride and the groom and their loved ones.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I was shocked Phil Hersh scored an invite...

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I'm not. I remember a detailed article from Hersh that included Kwan picking him up in her car and taking him courtside to a Lakers game as part of an interview. He's been a media fixture throughout her skating career. I'm sure they've formed a friendship of sorts even in those times when he was critical of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladella View Post
    I can't wait to see the People magazine coverage and I hope they have a good photo spread. Evelyn Kramer say a that Michelle had three dresses for the wedding: the formal one, a short dress for dancing and a red traditional dress.

Congratulations to Michelle and Clay.

I wondered if they did any kind of traditional ceremony. I would LURVE to see a pic of the red dress!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    By inviting skating reporters Phil Hersh and Christine Brennan, they MUST have had a clue. They're no dummies!

vCash
    ^^ ITA, and as someone already mentioned, the tweets were surely Kween's way of sharing her special day with her devoted fans and with her friends and family too who couldn't be in attendance. Why look for problems where they don't exist? Well, moving on...

Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    Congratulations!!

Feel a bit teary eyed but oh so happy for the person that made me fall in love in figure skating.

Well,she is not "on her own"anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=672-uNc_lzg

she brought us through her "fields of gold"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wazOhkRuySI

met a man that "raised her up"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFjn_YmyMCQ

thank you Michelle for every single performance in such an outstanding career,this is "your song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MbfKSX10I
    Thanks for the above clips from your #17 post in this thread, worldsnice12! There are probably a lot of people who became fans of figure skating because of Michelle Kwan and the fierce courage, grace and beauty she always brought to the ice. The clips you posted are poignant and they never grow old, just as memories of Michelle and her career in skating will never grow old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFLkAvdzE USFS HOF tribute montage

I think what is less understood about Michelle is that it's not just her record-setting victories and medals, it's not her many talents as a skater or the overcoming of weaknesses and losses that make her great. It is more what Tim Goebel recently revealed, and those closest to her already know: how dedicated and disciplined Michelle is/ was and has always been no matter what she does. It is not just the separate elements of her spins, her jumps, her iconic spirals and moves in the field that have awed her most devoted fans. It is more distinctly the way she gave us her all and brought those elements together every time with singular focus, consistency, determination and majesty no matter what was happening in her personal and professional life. Above all, Michelle both on and off the ice always reaches deep within herself and touches us with who she is. She had and has the courage to express who she is with the fullness of her heart and her spirit, no matter the occasion, no matter the challenge. Whether greeted with "triumph or disaster," Michelle has "met and treated those two imposters just the same." Rudyard Kipling

For me, that is one of the major reasons why I love and admire Michelle Kwan. She wrestled Victory out of the jaws of her Olympic defeats/ disappointments. And as her eligible skating career came to an abrupt end, she did not allow the sadness and unsettling ennui of "What do I do now?" to deter her from moving forward. She did not indulge in endless self-pity. As Alexander Graham Bell said, "When one door closes, another door opens." Because Michelle did not wallow in "looking regretfully upon the closed door," she was able to "see" and did not fear walking through new ones that opened for her.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    In a Vera Wang ???
    I totally saw her a as winter bride , after all that time inthe ice!!
    congrats Michelle!!! Lifetime of love and happiness
    Ahhh, yes a winter bride. Michelle in winter, in January, the month in which she has achieved and bestowed upon her fans many of her greatest triumphs!

http://news.providencejournal.com/br...clay-pell.html
    Salud, Michelle Ma Belle Kween, and Clay Pell Gallant Prince!

Michelle, Winter in Lausanne 1997 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8i-KY1nuHY (Victory in Defeat)

Michelle, Winter Song in Korea 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc4UPI2CVs (A Gift to Fans from Michelle and her sister Karen) Kween still beautiful, still fierce and giving all of herself, still touching us with her heart and her spirit

MKF fans have remained loyal and devoted to Michelle, and she has remained loyal and grateful to them. Every year around the holidays, MK posts a greeting to her fans, and this past December was no exception, even in the midst of her busy life and wedding preparations:

http://mkforum.net/forum/showthread....-from-Michelle

The beautiful response to Michelle's Christmas greeting by RickInSanJose is so very apt (and I hope he doesn't mind my re-using the Saint Francis of Assisi quote here which he astutely feels best describes Michelle):

All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light from a single candle.

With your own special beauty, courage and grace, and now with Clay at your side, Michelle, keep lighting the way. And thanks for all the lessons I've learned through your example and for all the joy and love you have bestowed upon the world ... inspired in me, and in everyone you have so deeply touched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1r9u8ye8ME Fields of Gold

http://www.people.com/people/article...665953,00.html
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-20-2013 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Michelle is more or less a well-known figure, but it wasn't Brangelina or Kim Kardashian getting married by any mean. So I think it was easier for Michelle and Clay's guests to have respect and not tweet out to the world.

vCash
    ^^ IDK if it was easier, but obviously friends, family, colleagues and others who knew details of the preparations all respected Michelle and Clay re not revealing anything about the scheduled day right up to the penultimate moment. Then, as Anita18 and others have stated, Michelle and Clay were surely cognizant of the fact that Christine and Phil would be tweeting photos and tidbits during the ceremony and the reception, even as The Providence Journal also began reporting and providing photos online.

Michelle, Winter in Lausanne 1997:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8i-KY1nuHY (Victory in Defeat)

My feeling was incredible because I let myself go. I was flying ... I didn't let anything stop me. I took my chains off ... and let myself go. It felt really free. Michelle Kwan

This young lady is still a Champion, in every sense of the word. Peggy Fleming

vCash
    Brian Boitano posted a picture of the wedding cake on Twitter! So lovely!
    http://img.ly/rX2F

My congratulations go out to Michelle and Clay! May they be happy together for the rest of their lives!

vCash
    ^^ Thanks! A beautiful and scrumptious-looking cake.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I wish Brian would have said what kind of cake it was. Looks great, kinda Vera Wangish.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast