Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is me right now...

I'm just...I can't...my emotions!!...I'm so happy for her!...she's so beautiful...my Kween is married...I just...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Phil Hersh is tweeting play by play from the wedding reception: http://twitter.com/olyphil
    Copied here for posterity:
    Michelle Kwan had a tear on her cheek as she came down the aisle before ceremony

When they reached the altar, the pastor said, "Michelle, you look amazing. Clay, you look okay."

Michelle and Clay got a head start on "you may kiss the bride.". They misinterpreted a cue and did it first time before the ring ceremony

Later, pastor Kurt Vickman said, "you may kiss the bride a second time.". So he did!

Kwan's brother in law, Peter Oppegard, missed wedding to be with skaters he coaches in Omaha. His daughers, Sophia and Olivia, flower girls

Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband,"

Because I have never watched a second of American Idol, I did not recognize Paula Abdul at Michelle Kwan's wedding.

Clay Pell's sister said she was always amazed at his comfort zone with being a nerd. #Kwanwedding

Michelle Kwan cut the cake with the ceremonial sword her new husband wore with his Coast Guard dress blues (he was a lieutanant)

First dance starts with "it's only just begun," goes into "Stand by me.". Pastor had called Clay's terpsichore a combo of dirty and ballroom

Dance with dad is to the Beatles "michelle my belle." Natch
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-20-2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: To add Hersh's tweets
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Wonderful tweets from Phil about what's going on at the reception. Almost like a play by play.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    PML that MK's brother toasted that Clay would be known as Michelle Kwan's husband
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hersh's Twitter
    Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband,"
    "That was Hillary Clinton's husband!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hersh's Twitter
    Dance with dad is to the Beatles "michelle my belle." Natch
    D'awwwww! :

vCash
    Is Frank in attendence?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Is Frank in attendence?
    This I'd really like to know.

vCash
    ^^ Apparently not, or it would have been mentioned by now. I'm sure Frank sent his best.

Phil tweeted that he didn't recognize Paula Abdul at MK's wedding. I wonder when MK and Abdul hooked up ... maybe at LA Lakers games.

Toast by MK's brother, Ron, is funny, and true! And, Ron should know, since he is forever known as Michelle Kwan's brother. Not such a bad association. Sounds all good to me.

vCash
    Awwwwww. Michelle looks lovely and Clay is quite handsome in his dress blues. Much congrats to the couple!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    This is me right now...

I'm just...I can't...my emotions!!...I'm so happy for her!...she's so beautiful...my Kween is married...I just...
    (((Tissues))) kwanatic. I get ya. Might it help to throw an MK video marathon before the weekend is out? Oh but there will surely be more tears and laughter too. At the end you could look at a replay of Kween's great keynote speech upon receiving her honorary doctorate, and also view a replay of her Hall of Fame induction from last year. Personally, I'm hoping manleywoman will one day nab Kween for a podcast interview.

In the meantime, here's the USFS HOF tribute montage from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFLkAvdzE

I'm getting the chills ... She grew up right before our eyes ... :sniff: (tears of joy)

http://news.providencejournal.com/br...clay-pell.html

Beautiful smile, beautiful Kween!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Phil Hersh is tweeting play by play from the wedding reception: http://twitter.com/olyphil
    Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Clay Pell's sister said she was always amazed at his comfort zone with being a nerd. #Kwanwedding

A guy comfortable in his own skin, who's also brilliant, kind and generous, along with being husband to the Kween.

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Michelle Kwan cut the cake with the ceremonial sword her new husband wore with his Coast Guard dress blues ...

Awwww... Would be nice to see pics/ vids of the cake-cutting.

vCash
    She does look absolutely lovely. And exactly the kind of dress you'd imagine she'd wear too, lol. congratulations to the happy couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Is Frank in attendence?
    Wouldn't he already be at nationals? (Canadian and/or U.S.)

vCash
    ^^ Definitely preparing for Nationals I should think or likely in Omaha already. Even Michelle's brother-in-law Peter O had to miss the ceremony due to coaching obligations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Wouldn't he already be at nationals? (Canadian and/or U.S.)
    Yeah, I was just thinking that Michelle only just got engaged in September barely four months ago and now she's married. Perhaps some would-be guests already had U.S. Nationals pencilled in their calendars back then and could not commit to attending her nuptials in January. Her wedding was awfully close to the Nationals. Didn't she miss Karen's wedding due to competition a few years ago?
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    How is Michelle going to be able to skate at Nationals with this wedding taking place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    How is Michelle going to be able to skate at Nationals with this wedding taking place?
    Not worried, she can do it all! Congrats Michelle and Clay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Yeah, I was just thinking that Michelle only just got engaged in September barely four months ago and now she's married. Perhaps some would-be guests already had U.S. Nationals pencilled in their calendars back then and could not commit to attending her nuptials in January. Her wedding was awfully close to the Nationals. Didn't she miss Karen's wedding due to competition a few years ago?
    Definitely more than likely.

I wonder if they tried to take Nationals into account re: the potential guest list, then figured it was no use unless they wanted to postpone the wedding all the way AFTER Worlds. "Fine, we will just have it whenever because there is no accommodating everybody!"

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Damn. Now, I'll have to buy a copy of People magazine. I never buy People magazine.
    bitch please, we both know you will frame that magazine and set it off with some recessed lights
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast