Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Doubletree didn't have mini fridges in the rooms. Just in case you wanted to know.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Doubletree didn't have mini fridges in the rooms. Just in case you wanted to know.
    $!0.00 extra a day if you wanted one.

vCash
    Sale of All Event tickets goes on sale March 1 for the general public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I don't think they had a good shuttle system last time did they
    I was there and I though the shuttle was very good. A bit of a wait in the dark cold after the events, but nothing unbearable.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Their accomodation site is up on the website for any who want to start reserving rooms. My email from the 2015 committee also states in order to use the shuttles from each of the official hotels, you must have a room and book through the housing bureau.
    All three hotels are just down High Point Road from the Coliseum Complex, site of the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. The Coliseum Complex will be easily accessible from the hotels via a continuous shuttle bus that will run throughout Championships week. Shuttle passes will only be available for purchase by those staying at Official hotels and booking through the event's Housing Bureau. Guests will be notified of the ability to purchase shuttle passes in a subsequent newsletter
    Accommodations

vCash
    I just called the new Hampton Inn mentioned in the email. They do have mini refrigerators in each room.

vCash
    The Greensboro Coliseum is getting a major upgrade between now and Nationals. http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...r-renovations/ Padded seats are coming.

vCash
    Copying over these recent posts from the dual 2015 Greensboro/2016 St. Paul Nationals thread (I think it's time to separate the 2 planning discussions?):
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookslut View Post
    Can anyone comment on seat assignments if you buy through the Greensboro group instead of ticketmaster? Can you request an area or section? Can I expect good tickets?
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I requested a specific section on my order form and have been told I'm in that section. I ordered the first day the tickets went on sale, though, so I'm not sure if they're still honoring specific requests.
    Local Greensboro article about the 2015 Greensboro LOC hoping to utilize a similar marketing strategy as the U.S. Open men's & women's golf tournaments in Pinehurst did this year: http://www.news-record.com/news/loca...7a43b2370.html
    So the USGA made a special effort to market the Open to golfers within a three-hour drive of Pinehurst — people who could make a day-trip or two, Aznaborian says.

That’s a strategy Greensboro will use for figure skating, said Hill Carrow, chairman of North Carolina 2015, the local organizing committee.

“You’re advertising in a number of markets,” Carrow said. “Part of the approach is trying to get sponsoring companies from more urban markets: Charlotte, the Triangle and the Triad. It expands your marketing and promotional footprint.
    “The U.S. Open is an event like ours that has a national following,” Carrow said. “You’ve got a hard-core group of fans that’s going to come from across the country and even from other countries to see your event.

"But I’ll tell you what: Without your local market supporting it — and in this case the market is the state of North Carolina — without that, you’re not going to be successful.

“It’s the same with us. We’ve already sold tickets in Brazil and Canada and Japan. But if we don’t get the core region of the Carolinas and southern Virginia, we won’t be successful.”
    (Wow, Brazil?!)

Link to a related GSD thread: St. Paul Nationals (2016) All Event Tickets on Sale
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-21-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I booked my hotel. (Marriott by the airport at $85 a night) and my flight using my FF miles. It is going to have to be just championship weekend this year

vCash
    42 sweepers between the ages of 8 and 13 from 3 North Carolina figure skating clubs have been chosen to volunteer at Nationals: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/07/...k-forward.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12