Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Evan and Johnny need to realize that their time has come and gone and just retire.
    Is Evan still doing SOI. He should be cashing in his Olympic Gold this quad, as post Sochi he wont be such a star anymore (and American SOI will probably be bankrupt by then anyway). This was a huge window for himself with his Oly Gold and he is wasting it all away, and for what exactly. Once American SOI goes under he will be less in demand as a show skater than even fellow Americans Weir and Abbott will be (especialy Weir who is highly in demand overseas).

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    No Johnny or Evan...I hate to be unkind, but when the USFSA picks the World team, it will be like sending a Yugo to a Lexus convention...
    WTF?! If Abbott, Miner, and Farris are considered "Yugos", then Weir and Lysacek at their present states must be unicycles.

Eh?
    vCash
    Evan? Evan who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Is Evan still doing SOI. He should be cashing in his Olympic Gold this quad, as post Sochi he wont be such a star anymore (and American SOI will probably be bankrupt by then anyway). This was a huge window for himself with his Oly Gold and he is wasting it all away, and for what exactly. Once American SOI goes under he will be less in demand as a show skater than even fellow Americans Weir and Abbott will be (especialy Weir who is highly in demand overseas).
    Six stops.... There may be no "cashing in" available

Watch me move
    vCash
    That quote sounds so pre-manufactured. I understand that USFS wants the skaters to be trained to do well with the media, but honestly, by now the quotes from everyone are predictable to the point that they don't really tell you anything - which kind of counteracts the purpose of having an interview or issuing a press release.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Spring of 2011 was the last time Evan skated in SOI/CSOI and he has not been in a Disson show since 2010. He hardly does any ice shows anywhere and it's too bad because he's really underrated as a show skater. His last three exhibitions with new choreography--Man in the Mirror, Tango de Roxanne, and The Climb--were all excellent.

This stubborn groin injury may have been karma for his refusal to skate last season. Now that the skating gods have their pound of flesh, things may go more smoothly for him next season if he does choose to compete. As an Evan fan, I do not demand any more World or Olympic glory from him--he has given me quite enough, and I would be just as happy if he retired now and entered college. But if he does want to compete, I would love to see "three-time U.S. champion" on his resume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Evan and Johnny need to realize that their time has come and gone and just retire.
    so true- seems like many other skaters are also in the position- the lack of the professional circuit leaves them with nothing post ametur to provide them with not feeling the loss of everything they know =( its sad really on so many levels
    and i am not surprised evan wont be at nationals.....

vCash
    Is Evan still doing SOI.
    How could Evan have signed a contract with SOI when it opened New Years weekend (then went to Japan for performances) and he was apparently training for nationals?

I agree with Orbitz that come back candidates should keep it to themselves and just work until they're pretty much ready to go. I know that isn't realistic but all of the bouncing around of the "announced" gets old after a while. I know, they're trying...

vCash
    Ah, Evan come on back even if you aren't in competition form. I would still like to see you skate. Everyone would understand (as much as they are going to understand anyway).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    He recently bought a Ferari (sp) I think, so he is or has cashed in on his Olympic gold

vCash
    A google search shows that Evan is worth $10 million dollars.. I wonder how accurate that is..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I wish that people making comeback don't make any announcements beforehand. Just quietly train and then show up like Elaine Zayak in 94. As far as Evan for Sochi, Oh right... I believe it when I see it.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I agree chances of Evan actually defending his title are mmm, easily rounded down to 0. But, it would be great if both him and Yu-Na were in Sochi since I can't even remember the last time both the men's and women's Olympic champions came back 4 years later. Name recognition would play well with casual Olympic fans, I think, even if in the end he could only realistically hope for a top 6 finish.
    The closest in recent history: Lillehammer had three 1988 gold medalists competing (only B/B weren't present), but that wasn't four years later (they also had the 1992 gold medalist in pairs and mens, fwiw).

vCash
    Not surprized but I am disappointed. Evan imo would have added some much-needed interest in the men's event.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    He recently bought a Ferari (sp) I think, so he is or has cashed in on his Olympic gold
    Are referring to Evan's Tweet at Christmas "First ride in the new Ferrari" ?

If you are, the picture was of his niece and nephew taking their first ride in their toy Ferrari.

vCash
    Well, duh.

vCash
    Seriously ..... did anyone really expect Evan would be at Nationals???

vCash
    Not a surprise. It's very difficult to come back once you've been out of competition for a couple of years, particularly in today's judging system. I think it will be difficult for both Evan and Johnny Weir to come back, and the latter discovered that a couple of months ago. Plushenko is probably the only one who can do it, and even he has his work cut out for him.

vCash
    OMG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Not a surprise. It's very difficult to come back once you've been out of competition for a couple of years, particularly in today's judging system. I think it will be difficult for both Evan and Johnny Weir to come back, and the latter discovered that a couple of months ago. Plushenko is probably the only one who can do it, and even he has his work cut out for him.

Zhenya already proved it, he did it in 2010. I recall reading when he won the Olympic Silver Medal, Brian Boitano said "3peat". Something none of the returning pros in 1994 were able to duplicate except the extraordinary pair team of G&G. But no singles, until Zhenya. 2014 will just be icing on the cake...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Zhenya already proved it, he did it in 2010. I recall reading when he won the Olympic Silver Medal, Brian Boitano said "3peat". Something none of the returning pros in 1994 were able to duplicate except the extraordinary pair team of G&G. But no singles, until Zhenya. 2014 will just be icing on the cake...
    2014 Mens event will be much deeper then in 2010. Plus Plushenko will be 4 years older with even worse knees.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast