Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm surprised at how much i like/tolerate nicki. i just hate every other thing so i'm in a bind.
    Nicki was pretty obnoxious the first couple of episodes so I thought I was going to hate her but she actually gives some good advice so she's a lot easier to take than Randy. She doesn't ramble as bad as she did at first & she's pretty much quit rolling her eyes at everything Mariah says. I think Mariah's heart is in the right place but she isn't as natural as Nicki & Keith. She seems to have trouble organizing her thoughts but she seems to care about the contestants & seems to want to give them good feedback. When she makes diva-ish comments they are done in a tongue-in-cheek way like she's actually poking fun at herself but sometimes people take it seriously as though she's that conceited.

Randy is so insufferable that when he says something insightful I'm completely shocked. He's so embarrassing that he makes me squirm at times, like when he made fun of Shuba's name (is he in 3rd grade?) or when he told an Asian contestant that "you look like you should be doing my taxes". I guess in his world that racial profiling is a good thing.

vCash
    Regarding the judges, I will end up treating them the same way I treat the judges on DWTS. I will watch the performances and mute the judges. The same thing goes for the sob stories.
    That's quite a difference from The Voice where listening to the judges can be the best part of the show.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Mariah is light years better than Jennifer Lopez, as well as Paula, although I did enjoy Paula for the unintentional comic relief. Nicki annoys me in general, but she's actually not bad as a judge, so long as she keeps the diva antics to a minimum. I'm not a huge fan of her going easier on her favorites (usually based on "personality" more than vocals) but I do like that she calls out the sob story and whiners' B.S. Randy is dated and needs to go. This show doesn't need 4 judges.

Kree was the only one who stood out for me. I couldn't believe Keith and Randy stood for Adriana. They are just so desperate for a girl to win. Adriana has a beautiful tone to her voice, but zero orginality/artistry/personality. Nice vocals totally Zzzz GFB performance. I didn't care for her faux sympathy towards Schuba either. "Everything happens for a reason!! I know we'll still keep in touch!" Barf. None of these girls compare to Elise/Holly/Jessica/Skylar for me.

vCash
    Oh, Elise. Be still my beating heart. Hollie too.

vCash
    I'm still bitter about Alison leaving before Danny.

If this season turns into a bunch of soaring ballads, I'm going to have to not watch. My ballad tolerance is very, very low.

And the Camp Mariah chick only got through because of that connection. I was not impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    And the Camp Mariah chick only got through because of that connection. I was not impressed.
    I agree. As I said before, I would have gone with Shuba in her place but I have to admit that Shuba sabotaged herself. OTOH Angela wasn't very good last night but she got thru on her previous body of work and I think Shuba should have also. I wonder which judge fought for Shuba?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Oh, Elise. Be still my beating heart.
    Are you talking about the lady who is opening for FREAKIN' B. B. KING???

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Totally agree. I want to see a birth certificate. And how she made it thru on that drum solo where she just sang the judges names and a bunch of jibberish words I'll never know.
    You'll be receiving that in the mail shortly after Obamas' arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That was one of the WORST performances I have ever heard, and she is top 20 material for the girls? OUCH!!! Why did she even sing that song?
    Are we already at the stage where pronouns are used instead of names and song titles are not given so we have no idea who the poster is talking about??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Are you talking about the lady who is opening for FREAKIN' B. B. KING???
    Elise Testone is opening for B.B. King?? That is awesome!! Hope some lucky poster goes to that and tells us all about it.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Are we already at the stage where pronouns are used instead of names and song titles are not given so we have no idea who the poster is talking about??
    I thought this was like the good ole days when everyone was here for the play by play. I just noticed this thread is only on page 8 and we are almost to the live shows. Oh my, how the mighty have fallen! In my defense, I thought she was so bad that no one could possibly mistake her for anyone else...and I didn't know her name.

She sang Mr. Know It All
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    And we open with Paul Jolly singing really zzzzzzzzz ballad, which turns out to be a Keith Urban song.

Meh. I hope we're not in for another night of ballads.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that was neither good nor bad which does not invite quality snark
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Ballad #2

I don't know this song, or who this is. Generic white guy. Are they going to put through a bunch of boring guys through attempt to ensure a woman wins? Is "I won't give up" the name of a song? He's saying that a lot.

Eta: that was Johnny

Zzzzzzz

vCash
    Well, hello, this just got interesting. Androgynous guy performing Rumor Has It by Adele.

They probably won't put him through. But I'm just happy it was interesting.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ballad # 2 has a creepy stare

# 3 (sorry in advance peter but i dont know their names and my suggestion to wear name tags goes unanswered) is at least interesting and keeps me awake
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    FWIW, to me Paul Jolley is a dead ringer for Evan Lysacek.

vCash
    Ballad #3

And it's "Everything I Do (I do for you)" and it's kind of flat and awful.

For Peter, that was Kevin

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    buttah - finally someone with a name i can remember and share with peter and i have nothing to say about that song. i mean it happened but i cant say anything else about it.

vCash
    Good God. I agree with Randy. I have to go die now.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I wish you could have done what I know you could do. WTH does that mean?????
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I wish you could have done what I know you could do. WTH does that mean?????
    he did not stand in good stead

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast