Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's about time....Lazaro more than wore out his welcome... but does Randy have to sit there and laugh smugly during Lazaro's performance? What a tool.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oh thank you sweet baby Jesus. Goodbye Lazaro, hopefully I never have to hear you sing again.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    And people were worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I kinda dig this song from Kelly.
    I think it's another potential big hit for her, much like Stronger was. It has a very empowering lyric and I think will become a gay anthem. I noticed she had the blue equal sign painted on her left arm.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    *snerk*

Over at VFTW, there is much gnashing of teeth , claims of KONSPIRACY!!! , pronounced glumness and disgust , and a grassy knoll the size of Mt. McKinley (along with the diehard core group already plotting as to who they will select as their pick for next week.

Most are 100% convinced that Lazaro was safe (with some absolutely sure that Lazaro was a lock for Top 3 or 2), and that Nigel & Co. futzed with the results to guarantee a female winner. I guess it never crossed their minds that he was so atrocious last night that America was that repelled by what they heard. I mean, seriously -- you know it was bad when, next to him, Nikki McKibbon sings like Elaine Paige .

vCash
    I could care less if Lazaro had the most votes by 10 trillion! He was that bad and he had to go. If Nigel and company did step in and mess with the results (I don't think they did, for the record) then they had every reason!

You know, Lazaro can't help being a bad singer. It isn't his fault the judges put him in the top 20 and it isn't his fault that America voted for him. However, his absolutely atrocious attitude and bitchy comments made me despise him. I am so glad he is gone.
    -Brian

vCash
    What BigB08822 said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I could care less if Lazaro had the most votes by 10 trillion!
    How much less could you care? Jay ALWAYS corrects people when they say that. It's his pet peeve. Sorry for the thread drift...
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    You know, Lazaro can't help being a bad singer. It isn't his fault the judges put him in the top 20 and it isn't his fault that America voted for him. However, his absolutely atrocious attitude and bitchy comments made me despise him. I am so glad he is gone.
    At last...

The problem is that he went far enough in the competition, supported by the public, that I'm unsure that he'll ever realize that he's not a good singer; and doesn't have the goods for a career.
    (After all, it was those nasty old judges who didn't like his performances!)
    Lazaro, they were always much kinder and more supportive than your singing deserved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    At last...

The problem is that he went far enough in the competition, supported by the public, that I'm unsure that he'll ever realize that he's not a good singer; and doesn't have the goods for a career.
    Lazaro, they were always much kinder and more supportive than your singing deserved.
    Apparently, in his interviews the other night, after the judges criticized his performances, he said that the judges had had bad performances in their lives, too. So, yeah, I think he's still rather delusional.

But, from what I gather, his fellow tourmates will be happy to inform him of his lack of ability. They don't seem fond of him, though that might be just as much because of his personality and character, not his talent level. I can just imagine the backstage arguments that are going to take place over who has to work and perform with him.

vCash
    At last...

After the tour, when he can't get a record deal & he doesn't get any bookings he might get a clue. But I think he knows. In the group number last night he didn't even have his mike up to his mouth. Of course that could be because he didn't know the lyrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    After the tour, when he can't get a record deal & he doesn't get any bookings he might get a clue. But I think he knows. In the group number last night he didn't even have his mike up to his mouth. Of course that could be because he didn't know the lyrics.
    I don't think he knows yet that he won't have a music career. He was talking last night about the album he is going to record and his plans to tour in places like the Phillippines.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i can totally see lazaro in a boy band. he's no worse than at least half of 1 D.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I can see lazaro as a cruise lounge singer. He is at least as good as the ones I recently heard, who were awful. But he really was not AI material. They just liked his story and I honestly think that they thought he would leave in the first weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i can totally see lazaro in a boy band. he's no worse than at least half of 1 D.
    The other members of the boy band would strangle him after the first dozen times he didn't know the lyrics or choregraphy and expected them to bail him out. In general, I don't think he's done a very good job of portraying himself as a responsible and reliable person, which is one of the many reasons he's going to have a hard time getting good gigs that are really about performing his music. And I doubt he's much of a songwriter, so he's going to have a hard time just doing it on his own.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Some interesting things in Lyndsey Parker's column from Reality Rocks

It refers to a Curtis Finch Jr. tweet (which was later deleted) - in reference to Lazaro:

Honey he has BEEN MESSING UP!!! Forgotten lyrics and all!! Why am i at home?!?!
    Then news about the good Christian girl:

Also this week, Angie Miller committed an epic social media fail by publicly favoriting tweets from fans crying out for Lazaro's elimination.
    That bit links to an article which includes this:

...Amber Holcomb, who we actually hadn't noticed was on the show up until now. Amber tweeted at Idol pundit Michael Slezak after he commented on her bad outfit, saying "uhmmm I LOVE ALL MY OUTFITS I'VE WORN..who are you again?...exactly."
    And how about sweet Burnell:

When last week's seventh-place castoff, Burnell Taylor, posted a goodbye tweet, he tagged all of the top six except for Lazaro. And then this Thursday, within seconds of Ryan Seacrest's announcement that Lazaro had received the fewest votes, Burnell tweeted again: "GOD IS GOOD."
    What a lovely group of people this year!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Actually, I think they've always been that way, but technology has reached a point where we actually get to see/hear their true comments. And these contestants grew up in that era of not giving a crap what they say with Facebook and Twitter, etc., being around since they have been in grade school, so they don't quite edit themselves the way previous contestants from even a few years ago may have. If American Idol is still around in a few years, I can just imagine the bitchiness that we will get by then.

vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Ummm, I'm sorry Amber but Michael Slezak is a bigger Idol star than half the people who ever make the top 10. That just makes her look so completely ignorant.
    -Brian

vCash
    Unfortunately, given Lazaro's performances, those reactions are hardly a surprise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ Actually, I think they've always been that way, but technology has reached a point where we actually get to see/hear their true comments. And these contestants grew up in that era of not giving a crap what they say with Facebook and Twitter, etc., being around since they have been in grade school, so they don't quite edit themselves the way previous contestants from even a few years ago may have. If American Idol is still around in a few years, I can just imagine the bitchiness that we will get by then.
    Yeah, but social media isn't new this season. I think they just haven't been given adequate media training this season. I think that Angie didn't realize that her favorites were being made public. She did have the sense to say the PC things when she had to do a duet with Lazaro.

Unfortunately, given Lazaro's performances, those reactions are hardly a surprise
    I don't remember hearing those kinds of things from contestants about people like Sanjaya or Jon Stevens. I don't think it's just Lazaro's performances. I think the contestants have issues with Lazaro himself.

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast