Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I tuned in for the walk out but was disappointed that she came back so I didn't bother watching last night. I've decided I'll wait until they get to Hollywood maybe by then Minaj will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Did anyone watch this week? The "big" fight was pretty lame...obviously staged. I'm sure Nicki will have more reason than that to walk out later in the season. But they did find a couple of good ones...I esp liked the fact that Candice Glover is back. I never understood why she was cut last year after her group sang. After all, they kept Deandre.
    One of our local radio DJs said that AI officially jumped the shark when Nicki walked out. Agree?

vCash
    Apparently, the fight that was shown on teevee was not the real fight, and there is footage of the actual fight on the web somewhere, but that it's too intense to be shown.

If that's true, has anyone seen the original footage?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Apparently, the fight that was shown on teevee was not the real fight, and there is footage of the actual fight on the web somewhere, but that it's too intense to be shown.

If that's true, has anyone seen the original footage?
    So they faked a fake fight? Lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    ita w nicki and a few wks ago, i would have never thought i'd type that
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I agree with that article to a large degree. I thought at the time that it was pretty ridiculous to get into that kind of discussion with contestants who haven't actually made it in the music business & may not know yet in what direction they want to go. I know that if I had a good voice I would be torn because I love just about all music so I can imagine telling the judges that I wasn't sure if I wanted to be R&B/soul or pop or jazz or indie. When Mariah started out no one put her in a little box so I was surprised at her attitude, also surprised it was Nicki who objected. Nicki & Keith are both in a more limited genre than Mariah. I have never heard either of them step out of their comfort zones. But regardless, those contestants probably don't want to debate that in just that moment.

vCash
    I just watched this episode tonight, and agree. As much as Minaj has annoyed me, she does make good points sometimes, and I did actually agree with her during this whole "fight." The contestant just wants to come in, audition, and get through to Hollywood. She doesn't need a dissertation about what genre she belongs to.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I remember Dolly Parton charting on the country, pop, easy-listening and disco charts. Donna Summer charted on pop, soul, disco, rock and easy-listening charts. Other artists who charted on four or more charts include Barbra Streisand, Stevie Nicks, Reba McEntire and Michael and Janet Jackson. I really dislike someone saying that an artist should be a ("insert one genre only here") artist. From crap's sake, Mariah has charted on pop, soul, dance and easy listening...and our bAfrican-American dawg Randy played guitar for the rock group Journey...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Minaj makes the show unbearable to watch. I don't care if she's right or not. She thinks the show is all about her. And she looks like a doll Can't stand her.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Charting on multiple formats has more to do with what those formats are currently playing than with the artists being diverse with their sound. For example, right now most Pop hits are going to chart well on Pop, Hot AC and AC. That is 3 formats right there that all play basically the same kind of music, its just that top 40 is all current hits whereas the other stations mix in a lot of recurrents and oldies. Either way, I think everything about this show is staged at this point.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The auditions will be over tonight & unlike previous years I have found them pretty entertaining. They have been showing mostly good or border-line singers, and they have found some terrific ones. It should be a good season, as long as they don't start cutting the good ones in favor of their favs. Last night Mariah & Nicki were late & it was just the 2 guys, which was way too much Randy.

Randy: "Keith, what do you think?"
    Keith: "I vote yes."
    Randy: "Randy?" I vote yes too - you're going to Hollywood!"

What an idiot! And he's still calling the women "dude"...ick.

Then Mariah (& her girls) arrived & Nicki was still missing. I really liked the dynamics with just the 3 of them. I thought Mariah's personality came out more when it wasn't being stifled every time she opened her mouth. But Nicki came in later & for the 1st time I found her not unbearable. The 2 women even sat next to each other without bloodshed.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Did they really just put through Star-Spangled Banner- Obama girl? I thought that was one of the worst singers they have ever had on the show. I don't think she hit a single right note.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    Did they really just put through Star-Spangled Banner- Obama girl? I thought that was one of the worst singers they have ever had on the show. I don't think she hit a single right note.
    Yup and

Spoiler

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I came to write the exact same thing!

I also didn't think the last kid was all that spectacular, despite the backstory. He was okay, but I don't see him getting out of the first round.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 02-01-2013 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    She was DREADFUL, disrespectful, and bizarre. I was embarrassed for her. It was hard to watch. I was stunned when the unanimous vote was yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I remember Dolly Parton charting on the country, pop, easy-listening and disco charts. Donna Summer charted on pop, soul, disco, rock and easy-listening charts. Other artists who charted on four or more charts include Barbra Streisand, Stevie Nicks, Reba McEntire and Michael and Janet Jackson. I really dislike someone saying that an artist should be a ("insert one genre only here") artist. From crap's sake, Mariah has charted on pop, soul, dance and easy listening...and our bAfrican-American dawg Randy played guitar for the rock group Journey...
    Didn't The Pointer Sisters win a Grammy for Best Country Song, one year? Fairytale, I believe.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Then Mariah (& her girls) arrived & Nicki was still missing. I really liked the dynamics with just the 3 of them. I thought Mariah's personality came out more when it wasn't being stifled every time she opened her mouth. But Nicki came in later & for the 1st time I found her not unbearable. The 2 women even sat next to each other without bloodshed.
    Interesting...it seems to me that Nicki is the one the judges speak over top of most often...or they just ignore her completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    She was DREADFUL, disrespectful, and bizarre.
    I agree with two of your three adjectives. But how did you feel she was disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Didn't The Pointer Sisters win a Grammy for Best Country Song, one year? Fairytale, I believe.
    Yes, they did. Plus Charley Pride had lots of hits on the country charts, the most successful African-American in the country genre, I believe. (Sorry Darius Rucker, keep at it!)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Interesting...it seems to me that Nicki is the one the judges speak over top of most often...or they just ignore her completely.
    In what universe? (Although when the other 3 agree & Nicki doesn't, they do tend to ignore her. But she does take over the critiques a lot & she talks over Mariah constantly.)

Plus Charley Pride had lots of hits on the country charts, the most successful African-American in the country genre, I believe. (Sorry Darius Rucker, keep at it!)
    IIRC Charley Pride was not a cross-over from some other genre, he was a country star only. I have to admit though that I prefer Darias Rucker.

vCash
    II agree with two of your three adjectives. But how did you feel she was disrespectful?
    The craziness, I guess. But also they comments towards Obama, and the "If I don't get invited to the White House..." stuff...

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast