Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Is it true that there will be no ballads allowed this week?

OMG.
    That would be AWESOME! But if we're try to look at the bright side, anybody who chooses ballads every week is shooting themselves in the foot as the Mariah/Celine/Whitney era is over and choosing ballads shows there is no place for them in the current music industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    That's why he should get the boot - he has no real stage presence other than the fact that he's got a cute face...to me he sings like it's karaoke night at Woody's.
    The producers should have never put him into the top 40. I think they never felt he would be a successful musical artist, so they used his story to make a TV show. Lazaro is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Do you use that as an excuse when you show up to work and have a bad day or when you argue with the family? We all let things bother us but is it an excuse to not take care of your responsibilities?
    Umm...no. Wait a minute, are you thinking that Lazaro watches soap operas all day rather than being petrified beyond belief while on stage to the point that he can't remember the words he has been studying for fourteen hours a day over the last six consecutive days??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The producers should have never put him into the top 40. I think they never felt he would be a successful musical artist, so they used his story to make a TV show. Lazaro is being used.
    This, I totally agree with.

Umm...no. Wait a minute, are you thinking that Lazaro watches soap operas all day rather than being petrified beyond belief while on stage to the point that he can't remember the words he has been studying for fourteen hours a day over the last six consecutive days??
    I doubt he watches soap operas, but I also doubt that he's been studying fourteen hours a day for six consecutive days. It's pretty obvious that it isn't simple fear that causes him not to know the lyrics. He said at one point last month that he didn't even know the end of the song. He also has said that he hasn't had enough time to learn them. Lots of excuses -- not just by Lazaro, but by his defenders.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    But it sounds like Lazaro ISNT studying words 14 hours a day over 6 consecutive days. Jimmy Iovine made it clear and Devin himself made it clear on live television. Not only are two people involved with the show giving us gigantic hints but Lazaro is proving it by not knowing words OR dance moves that are as basic as they come. He's no victim and he shouldn't make excuses when it seems clear he has a very poor work ethic.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'd be willing to defend Lazaro if he din't make so many excuses. I've forgotten dance chroeography that I've practiced for months every single day out of nerves. But aside from Lazaro forgetting the words to the group performance, he's had quite a few poor solo performances that didn't invlove forgetting lyrics, and he still tried to make excuses for those.

vCash
    I'd be willing to defend Lazaro if he didn't make so many excuses. I've forgotten dance chroeography that I've practiced for months every single day out of nerves. But aside from Lazaro forgetting the words to the group performance, he's had quite a few poor solo performances that didn't invlove forgetting lyrics, and he still tried to make excuses for those.

vCash
    Song spoilers for tonight:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...g-spoilers.htm

Some of these people clearly have no desire to really rock out. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Candice and Kree will be my favorites tonight.

Have the producers lost their love for Angie?

vCash
    I'm really curious as to what Burnell will do with his song. With his voice, it should be interesting.

vCash
    Candice always picks the most overused songs & tonight isn't an exception. Kree picks a lot of tired songs too.

vCash
    Candice always picks the most overused songs & tonight isn't an exception. Kree picks a lot of tired songs too. I don't think it matters what Lazaro picks although if he ruins Queen.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    .... Unfortunately, none of this matters. Television talent shows have rarely been about talent. They are popularity contests.
    All the voting shows I watch with my mom and she can't believe So-and-So got voted out I keep saying that exact same thing ... its not a singing (or dancing or talent) competition ... its a popularity contest!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    uhm ... Burnell's choice (if accurate). No. Just no. I just don't see how he can do that song well. Totally not the right kind of voice, but I guess we shall see.

vCash
    Well there's no weird lyric endings, but this seems kind of karaoke to me. Not bad though.

vCash
    If Burnell's performance is any indication, we are in for a looong night.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it may not have been great but at least burnell's song didnt force me to check out survivor like it has every other week so far
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's good to see that Mariah is continuing to give out effort comments.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    angie and lazaro crazy little thing called love
    one of the backup singers is wearing my shirt
    sometimes i think everything freddie mercury touched should have been buried with him, for every lea michele version of one of his songs - there's this
    Last edited by my little pony; 04-04-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I missed the performance and judging. Did I miss anything important?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I missed the performance and judging. Did I miss anything important?
    the best part was seeing the backup singer in my shirt if that helps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the best part was seeing the backup singer in my shirt if that helps
    Yeah, I think that says it all....

vCash
    Mariah should come with a translator...

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast