Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Amy, no, not really, but I have always found Adele rather pretty.
    I think Adele is pretty too but if moebius doesn't think any of this year's women are good-looking then he probably doesn't think Adele is pretty enough for him to look at. I think Amber is beautiful & Candice & Kree are very pretty; the other 2 are nice-looking too but apparently moebius's standards are pretty high.
    Last edited by taf2002; 03-29-2013 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Has anyone seen the Billboard interview with Devin and the latest rambling tweets of Nicki Minaj? If I'm reading it right, me thinkz Nicki was the sole person to vote against saving Devin. All three other judges were instantly on their feet, and Nicki didn't. I think she purposely did that because she had an axe to grind because they didn't vote to save Curtis. So he decided to take it out on Devin useless twit, can we vote her out instead? Even Devin knows himself that if not for her he likely would have been saved. I know he was never going to win, that's going to be Candice, Kree, Amber or Janelle. He still has things he has to work on in terms of performance and connection with songs, but his potential was through the freaking stratosphere. I really hope Mariah and Randy keep true to their word and are able to do something with their connections because this kid needs to be out there recording music. His voice is way too insanely talented not to, then again look at Pia Toscano, we still have hardly heard a peep from her. I'm not watching the show anymore, but oy, knowing that it was likely Minaj who had an axe to grind because Curtis wasn't saved? Ugh.
    Kyle

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I would believe that she did it out of spite as well for the Curtis incident. It's pretty clear from the voting that all the boys will be gone before needing to use the save, they would never use it on Lazaro, and I think Devin was better than Burnell, so really Devin should have gotten the Save. Still was probably gone the next week due to voting skews, but still ..... bitter, party of one Nicki?

vCash
    I hope Nikki didn't pull that shit - that is beyond childish and vindictive, and totally hurting an innocent person - Devin.

vCash
    If that was really the reason Nikki voted no, then that's juvenile and obnoxious.

But, I don't think they should have used the save on Devin. He was in the bottom three every week. They should save it in case someone like Candice or Kree ends up in the bottom three in the next few weeks.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont believe the save was ever going to be used on one of the boys. they need it in case one of the girls is up for elimination early. they wont use it on a boy unless they get to the last wk they can use it.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I do think that Devin had more talent than say Janelle but she was pretty awesome this past week so it may have even been close between them, I'm more bitter with the fact that Lazaro has been so unprofessional and childish and is clearly inferior to Devin in terms of ability, but that's okay, things happen, you get on with it and I only hope SOMEONE out there is listening and will give Devin a break, because he deserves it. He's got an incredible voice.

And have we seen how Nicki has been acting all season if she hasn't been getting her way? I think the Tweets she put out today pretty much say it all. She is being a spoiled petulant child.

I think it's Candice right now but the final could be one of her and Kree or Janelle at this point, I don't believe that Amber has the base that others do.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i dont believe the save was ever going to be used on one of the boys.
    According to Nicki, nobody will be saved. According to one of her tweets, if Curtis wasn't saved, nobody is going to be saved.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Come on, you all think the judges truly decide who gets the save? The judges are told by the people with actual power who they can and can't save on any given night. If so and so goes, use it. The rest, the pretending to debate and almost being unanimous, is just for show. I'd bet my house on it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Come on, you all think the judges truly decide who gets the save? .
    no way. if someone had gone rogue and used the save, some old man backstage would have had a stroke.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Nicki Minaj Threatens That No ‘Idol’ Contestant Will Get The Judges’ Save This Year

And the Save still hasn't been used on any contestant--not even on this week's talented castoff, Devin Velez, despite Mariah Carey's teary-eyed reaction to Devin's elimination and Ryan Seacrest's disappointed gasp of "wow!" when he learned that the judges weren't going to save Devin. And now it seems like Nicki wants to make sure the Judges' Save never gets used, since it wasn't given to her favorite contestant--if her recent angry tweets are anything to go by.

"If Curtis didn't get SAVED, NONE of u get saved! Best male voice of the SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!" Nicki tweeted Friday, implying that every Judges' Save deliberation will end in deadlock from now on. Nicki also dismissed the entire notion of the Save, saying, "America r the 'potential' fans...u MUST win them over. 'Saves' are bulls*** and they know it. Those girls are just too good this year."
    "Lol. Be mad @ AMERICA when u get sent home. The JUDGES are the ones who FOUGHT for America to get the opp to VOTE 4 U!!!…Send the judges some flowers and a card…Trust me BEW BEW. If EYE didn't want u in that TOP, YOU wldnt have been in that TOP. Fought for ALL of you. So just simply b gracious," Nicki ranted on Twitter.

Devin later tweeted, "That moment when an adult stoops down to the 3rd grade level... LOL grow up Hun, I've got songs to write. #movingforward"--though it wasn't entirely clear if the "Hun" in question was Nicki.
    If I didn't despise Nikki Minaj before, this definitely seals the deal -- this bitch definitely farts higher than her ass, and it's beyond time for her to be knocked down a peg or ten.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    While I agree Nicki is being a diva and a brat, I don't think Devin should have tweeted that comment. It kind of put him in a bad light for me that he acknowledged her tweets with his own somewhat snotty and brat like tweet himself. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with him, but that tweet comes off spoiled brat-ish to me. He should have just let it go, or if he felt the urge to tweet, take the high road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Reality Rocks with Lyndsey Parker is a blog that is written every time the contestants compete on Idol, The Voice, or X Factor & she always includes a clip of each performance, including duos, trios, & groups.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/

She also does a video where she and some guy discuss each episode. I really like it.
    That "some guy" is named Matt and I know him (and Lyndsey). I'll let him know.

vCash
    I knew it was Matt but I momentarily forgot his name. I think Lyndsey is fabulous - her musical knowledge is awesome, she writes well, & she is so poised & professional in her videos. I wish she could replace Randy on the panel. And that Michael Slezak could replace Nicki.

vCash
    Whyd'ya say that, dahlink, my li'l ladybuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug?
    I'm thinking this will be her first and last season.

If I didn't despise Nikki Minaj before, this definitely seals the deal -- this bitch definitely farts higher than her ass, and it's beyond time for her to be knocked down a peg or ten.[/QUOTE]

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Was Amy Winehouse good-looking?
    Yes, she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Apparently, Lazaro is also blaming "internet meanies" for his poor performances, not just his lack of preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    - not at you Rex! but at Lazaro, what a spoiled, petulant brat. "Internet meanies"?
    You guys make it sound like Lazaro used the term "internet meanies". Of course, he did not. That term was the bitchy writing of whoever wrote the linked article.

What Lazaro said:

“I think that when you become known, there’s a lot of people that talk bad, and I think that we have been letting those bad comments get to us”
    Is it really objectionable that somebody said that negative internet comments affected him??

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    I had sympathy for Lazaro before, but he just keeps shooting himself in the foot. There's no need to make comments boo-hooing about "internet haters" ...
    Again, this is a term that Lazaro did not use. Smiley0884, when you put your own words in quotations, it implies that the person you're hating on used those words. Irresponsible and misleading.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Thank you, PeterG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    YMMV

vCash
    Maybe he didn't use the exact words, but I don't see him assuming any responsibility for his shitty performances. I'm sorry Peter, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Lazaro is simply not as good as the other singers and it's not fair to me (and to others, but I'm sure they can speak for themselves) that he's been allowed to stay when people who are clearly more talented than he are being booted off the show.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Nobody is debating that Lazaro's current abilities are far below those of his competitors. The issue is whether we tar and feather him or not when he says something as simple as "I'm having a tough time".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast