Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If Kree did "I Know You Wont" then I would just die but I think, from the way Ryan worded it, she is doing a song from Carrie's Idol days.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Lazaro is a handsome lad. I can really see that this evening.
    But his singing is not up to the standard of the other finalists...I'm sorry.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    OMG, Kree, that tone is beautiful. She would have killed during the 80s and 90s on country radio. Not her best but still easily one of the best singers in this competition.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Angie is going to be a pop star. She just has it, IMO. Not the best vocals in the world but certainly a competent singer. Not that A+ vocals are required to be on radio these days.

I did have to giggle when she said she thinks she could sing this song as well as Kelly. Maybe she had a shed of hope but only because Kelly was deathly ill and had almost no voice during that show and she STILL sounded amazing.
    Angie just lost my vote. I was already thinking she is a tad arrogant but saying you can sing Kelly's signature song as good as Kelly was completely OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Wow, Candice! Killing it. A little shouty but that's how the song is. Amazing, she just topped Jordin, easily.
    I didn't really like her version at all. It was one of Jordin's better performances but I think Haley Reinhart topped Jordin by a mile. Candice was a distant 3rd IMO - I usually like Candice much better than I did tonight.

Of the guys I like Devin the most. The song was a little dreary but he sang it well or maybe it's just that I love his voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Angie just lost my vote. I was already thinking she is a tad arrogant but saying you can sing Kelly's signature song as good as Kelly was completely OTT.
    Yeah, very dumb thing of Angie to say. Whatever she thinks about her ability, she needs to keep it to herself.

vCash
    I still don't get the judges' big love for Angie. I also think that Nicki is smoking something.

I also didn't understand why it was Kree and Paul that Jimmy picked to talk to about oversinging. Neither one of them would be the first contestant I'd think of when I thought of oversinging.

Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    Apparently Broadway stars don't make good recording stars.
    Bummer for Crystal Bowersox, who has an album coming out and is going to star in a Broadway show soon.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The great:

Candice, I Have Nothing - Wow...just WOW!

Devin, Temporary Home - so many of the singers this year have such wonderful control (Burnell, Amber, Kree)...it seems like they've had many, many years of vocal training. Such flawless vocals. (Well, except for that last note for Devin, but it wasn't awful.)

The good:

Kree, Crying - Wish she had done a different song. Sounded a little strained at time, but she really does have a great voice.

Amber, A Moment Like This - Also a bit strained at time, but she certainly has the chops!

Burnell, Flying Without Wings - Only a great vocalist can make me enjoy listening to pablum like this dreck. He really is an artist...but about two-thirds of the way through it was too high or something for him and it sounded a bit rough.

Paul, Amazed - Boy, do they ever sh** all over this guy. Too theatrical? Like Adam Lambert was Mr. Subtlety?? Pop music has always had over-the-top performers, going all the way back to Elvis. Lady Gaga is a current example of somebody who is very theatrical and all her tour dates are SRO.

The okay:

Angie, I Surrender - Did the judges hear something different that I did? This one was way beyond her reach. Girl needs to be more aware of her limitations!

The bad:

Janelle, Gone - Hope she is...soon. There were a few good moments, but more bad ones. Wonder how long the country voters will keep her around...

Lazaro, Breakway - Some decent moments, but he's surrounded by some amazing vocalists, so he really pales in comparison.

Curtis, I Believe - Whu huppuned?? As much as I dislike him as a person, he really is a very good vocalist. It's like they changed the key on him at the last moment and he had to wing it in a key that did not work for him at all. It was almost painful to listen to at times although he did everything he could to sell it. I just can't imagine anyone buying, though!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I do think Paul is usually too theatrical but I don't know why they never mention that about Curtis. Paul reined it in last night during the first half of the song but towards the end I thought he got too theatrical again. Also, I thought Jimmy had lost his mind when he implied that KREE can be too theatrical. WTF???

Lyndsey Parker (Reality Rocks) mentioned in her column today the Curtis has a police record - she said the news broke yesterday before the show. (http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...est-record.htm) Did any of you know this? It was news to me.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Maybe on AI, theatrical is a synonym for "with pulse"?

As for Curtis, I also just found out. This was posted at votefortheworst.com:

American Idol seems to love to cast black cast members that then suddenly have arrest records once they get into the finals. Continuing in this racist tradition, Curtis Finch Jr. is the latest person to have an arrest record. Wentpaint.com says he was arrested back in 2010 for stealing a laptop from his church. This isn't exactly a huge crime, but let's see how Idol reacts since it's highly unlikely this story suddenly leaked the week after Curtis made the top 10.
    Someone posted this in response:

I wonder if Nigel will make him walk the Green Mile like he did Jermaine Jones.
    Sad, but true and all at the same time....!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Who is this guy with the shades and the ball cap turned backwards, critiquing all of the singers???

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Who is this guy with the shades and the ball cap turned backwards, critiquing all of the singers???
    I'm not watching right now, but if I had to wager a guess, it would be Jimmy Iovine, head of Interscope. Unless they've brought on another middle-aged douchenozzle who has a surgically attached baseball cap .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I'm not watching right now, but if I had to wager a guess, it would be Jimmy Iovine, head of Interscope. Unless they've brought on another middle-aged douchenozzle who has a surgically attached baseball cap .
    Someone tell him the 90s wants its look back...

I actually liked Charlie's song...I'm getting soft in my old age.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it's nice that carrot top's kid wrote a song but it couldnt have been more flat if it had been run over by a truck
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Devin and Curtis bottom two!

eta: and Nikki threatens to go home if Curtis does.

vCash
    If Devin goes home I swear I'm done with this show for LIFE... I know Devin's song choice was bad but if he's out first I'm done... and I will encourage everyone else to boycott it
    Kyle

vCash
    One judge.... thats all it take not to not be unanimous...
    Kyle

vCash
    Let Curtis go. If he had chosen a different song, perhaps I might be more sympathetic, but if he's going to torture me with R. Kelly again, he doesn't deserve to be saved.

vCash
    If Idol gets rid of this asshat... Favorite first cut ever!
    Kyle

vCash
    Nikki.....just let it go. And you can go, too.

vCash
    I'm glad Devin is safe, but I'd much rather see Lazaro go than Curtis...Curtis was not my favorite per se, but a much better singer than Lazaro.

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast