Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Re Paul:

Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I don't know why the judges say he's too theatrical when Curtis is so over the top.
    Because he's too theatrical. With Curtis they've decided to ignore it, God knows why. But Paul is buried under many layers of insincerity.

Devin is so solid, so quietly confident. He will be a huge star even if he doesn't win this competition.
    I completely agree about him & I hope you're right.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Devin is so solid, so quietly confident. He will be a huge star even if he doesn't win this competition.
    Like Pia? I think getting another huge start out of AI is a long shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Like Pia? I think getting another huge start out of AI is a long shot.
    Agree. They'll be lucky to get a moderate star/success ala Jordin, Scotty, Phil from this group. The way things are going this season I wouldn't be surprised to see another Taylor Hicks or Lee DeWyze scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    Agree. They'll be lucky to get a moderate star/success ala Jordin, Scotty, Phil from this group. The way things are going this season I wouldn't be surprised to see another Taylor Hicks or Lee DeWyze scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    The vocal coach should be addressing that.
    I don't think he has much stage experience.
    He's cute and a decent singer, but I'm not wowed by him. His personal story is getting him sympathy votes IMO.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Am I the only person who laughed when Charie began the awkward cry fest? I just started clapping because that boy is smart and knows how to get votes. I don't want him to go through but wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    He's cute and a decent singer, but I'm not wowed by him. His personal story is getting him sympathy votes IMO.
    I'm sure that's true.
    Lazaro is also part of the demographic AI wants to reach.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I don't think he has much stage experience.
    Lazaro said to Seacrest after his performance that that was his very first time singing for a live audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    While I find Nicki Minaj annoying to the tenth power, a bit of Urban seems to be rubbing off on her - albeit slowly. Let's hope that for the rest of the season, she sees Idol as less of a photo op than the job it is.
    I think Nicki takes this job more seriously than the other three. They cloak their opinions, leaving the singers confused. Nicki tells it exactly as she sees it, so the singers actually have something to work with. She is the most helpful job. One example was last night when Keith fumbled around Paul Jolley's performance. Finally Seacrest got involved and asked, "but did you like it"? Keith could have said, "I didn't care for this performance, but I think Paul has a strong voice and I'm looking forward to hearing more from him. Instead he said something like, "well...I really like Paul...there were some nice moments there..." Nicki has a much bigger pair than Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Am I the only person who laughed when Charie began the awkward cry fest? I just started clapping because that boy is smart and knows how to get votes. I don't want him to go through but wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.
    I felt the opposite. I thought it was one of the worst moments on AI ever. They know that part of the allure of the show is contestants who stand out. This year, they have Zoanette and Charlie. They have used both to create buzz for the show. They have built them up and now that it's getting to crunch time, they are tearing them down. Both are being used. I felt that with Charlie last night, he was shocked to get sh** on by the judges after they had praised his originality for so long. On top of that, he chose to do a song which showed a different side of him, a vulnerable side. They took his vulnerable moment to use him to get something buzzworthy and you could see the confusion all over his face. "You've loved me until now...what are you doing, what is going on now..." When he started to tear up, I felt he was trying to hold it in, sensing something was wrong. He turned away from the camera twice before leaving the stage early. It was a horrible moment and shows the shameless side of the AI people.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Re the Charlie thing, the Nigel's have been so manipulative to date, I wouldn't put it past them to pre-arrange this and to include Charlie in the planning.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

I felt the opposite. I thought it was one of the worst moments on AI ever. They know that part of the allure of the show is contestants who stand out. This year, they have Zoanette and Charlie. They have used both to create buzz for the show. They have built them up and now that it's getting to crunch time, they are tearing them down. Both are being used. I felt that with Charlie last night, he was shocked to get sh** on by the judges after they had praised his originality for so long. On top of that, he chose to do a song which showed a different side of him, a vulnerable side. They took his vulnerable moment to use him to get something buzzworthy and you could see the confusion all over his face. "You've loved me until now...what are you doing, what is going on now..." When he started to tear up, I felt he was trying to hold it in, sensing something was wrong. He turned away from the camera twice before leaving the stage early. It was a horrible moment and shows the shameless side of the AI people.
    ITA. I actually almost started crying when Charlie was tearing up. Doesn't he have some form of autism? I remember reading that some where, but if so, that makes it even more cruel. I wanted to smack Seacrest when he shoved the mic in Charlie's face goading him for more drama. At least with Zoanette, she seems upbeat no matter what they say. Even though I'd rather not listen to her screeching, I do like the fact that she always remains positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    I felt a little bad for Charlie. It wasn't his best vocal at all, but I feel like he's being treated as the male counterpart to Zoanette. They build him up to tear him down, and love the drama when he buckles under the pressure.....
    Yes, they are exploiting Charlie. I loved all his performances except this week's. Nicki was correct in the rocker persona repudiating what made him appealing in the preliminaries, but she was demeaning and insulting in how she spoke to him. I hope he stays on because I do want to hear him sing again, unless he's determined only to sing in the style he chose this week. But he's probably cooked his own goose.

I'm also rooting for Lazaro. who just blossoms when he sings.

Vincent is Zoanette's counterpart age-wise. They have got to be lying about their ages.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I think getting another huge start out of AI is a long shot.
    Phillip Phillips won last year and his album has gone gold (sales are at 738,000 according to wikipeia) and I bet the album will go platinum (one million copies). His single "Home" has sales of more than 4 million. It's too early to tell about the second single, Gone, Gone Gone. It has not charted yet, but it was only released on February 11th. The video has just over one million views on youtube and it hasn't even been there for a month yet. While Phillip might not be a HUGE star, these are all really good stats in my opinion.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Paul made it!
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this guy's version of alone makes me wonder if he needs iron and b12
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    this guy's version of alone makes me wonder if he needs iron and b12

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    THIS IS SO AWKWARD!!!

Who came up with this idea? Ryan Seacrest is left following the finalists and talking to no one but himself. Charlie is sitting there looking all pukey faced and I keep seeing him moving randomly which I think are nervous ticks.

Durnell (??) can sing, I love his tone. I think he will really impress me but I don't think he will get past the top 5 or so, he looks boring and that will hurt the guys and his skin is the wrong color if recent history is anything to go by.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Paul smells the cookies...
    Charlie will go home and skate pairs with his sister Kimmie.

This is a really strong crop of singers this season, with a couple of exceptions.

vCash
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dislike everyone moving on so far, oh well
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    YESSSSSS DEVIN! HOORAH!
    Kyle

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast