Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    You know what, I think Lazaro was SO BAD that the judges wouldn't even use the save on him during the final week of its use. How in the world they would work that out, I have no idea (it would cause the show to finish a week early so they would have to plan something for a week - Idol Gives Back? - not that you can plan that in a matter of 2 weeks, though), but I am telling you, there will be absolute hell to pay if they use it on him. I bet it is a much smaller percentage of the viewers voting for him, it's just that the ones who are happen to be 12 year old girls who power dial the entire time.

I know Idol likes to brag about their 56 million votes cast but should the object be to receive the most number of votes or just to receive the highest percentage of approval from viewers? They need to seriously consider limiting the voting amounts.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Candice ... there are no words to describe how unbelievable that last song was.

And, if anyone other than Lazaro goes home this week, it's just WRONG!!! There ... I said it.

vCash
    I bet Lazaro not only stays but I bet he is still top 3. Amber and Janelle will be bottom 2, is my guess, with Janelle going home. The judges might use the save on anyone but Lazaro this week just to assure themselves that he can't be saved next week if that is the final week. The judges, however, can probably find out vote totals and if they see that Lazaro is so far ahead of Amber and Janelle then they may wait to use the save next week when the other one of them two gets eliminated. I would only do that if I knew Laz was a sure thing for the top 4, otherwise it is too risky.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I don't think they would use the save on Lazaro. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll have that decision to make. I don't think Lazaro will get the least votes. Nicki is a wimp. She just refused to critique Lazaro. Mariah might try that approach.

I agree that it will be either Janelle or Amber going home. Part of me would like to see it be Amber just to see Nicki's head explode.

To me, a Candice/Kree finale is the ideal result. I like that Kree chose slightly more restrained songs this time. I hope she does that more. I think that, last week, Candice heard three of the judges give top threes that did not include her and she decided to spend this week making them loook like total morons.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I can't help but think Lazaro was saying in his head, "watch THIS, Sanjaya!!!"

Why didn't anyone do Sybil's version of Walk On By? Bacharach songs can actually have a pulse, you know!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I actually like Candice's version of Love Song better than Adele's or The Cure's.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I bet Lazaro not only stays but I bet he is still top 3. Amber and Janelle will be bottom 2, is my guess, with Janelle going home. The judges might use the save on anyone but Lazaro this week just to assure themselves that he can't be saved next week if that is the final week. The judges, however, can probably find out vote totals and if they see that Lazaro is so far ahead of Amber and Janelle then they may wait to use the save next week when the other one of them two gets eliminated. I would only do that if I knew Laz was a sure thing for the top 4, otherwise it is too risky.
    This is the last week that The Save can be used, so it's now or never.

DialIdol currently has Lazaro in the second spot , behind Candice and in front of Kree, followed by Angie, Amber, and Janelle (in that order). Granted, DI is not quite as relevant and reliable as it has been in previous seasons, but still, the thought of having to endure yet another week of his "singing," his dorktrocious outfits, and his overall obnoxious demeanor is enough to put me off my food .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Watched PVR'd show this morning. Candice, there are no words. Kree was amazing. I'd be happy to see either of them win. The rest .. meh .. they could all go home today.

vCash
    Angie is not better behind the piano -- she's better when she has a lyric she can connect to. Her niche is Christian music -- and that just happens to be what she sings from behind the piano (probably because that's how she leads worship at home). Not a lot of Christian music on the AI approved song list -- but she tapped into a new well with Kari Jobe last night. The judges can bite me - she made me cry. Sing what you know, girl, sing what you know....

I predict Candice and Kree will be all over the charts a year from now -- and Kree will rival Carrie Underwood's success. Candice is my choice for the win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy74 View Post
    Candice and Kree are way above the others, IMO. Add me to the list of those who doesn't get the OTT praise that Amber receives. She's good and all but I thought her first performance was only ok, not anything to deserve Nicki's "you are my favorite girl!"

Lazaro needs to go. It is painful to watch him while the judges tear his performances apart (deservedly so). I just get really bad second hand embarrassment.
    You spoke for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nypanda View Post
    Angie is not better behind the piano -- she's better when she has a lyric she can connect to. Her niche is Christian music -- and that just happens to be what she sings from behind the piano (probably because that's how she leads worship at home). Not a lot of Christian music on the AI approved song list -- but she tapped into a new well with Kari Jobe last night. The judges can bite me - she made me cry. Sing what you know, girl, sing what you know....

I predict Candice and Kree will be all over the charts a year from now -- and Kree will rival Carrie Underwood's success. Candice is my choice for the win.
    Angie may be better with Christian music but that is not a good enough reason why she can't connect with any other type of music when she is not behind the piano. "Anyone Who Had a Heart" may be dated but it was a pretty great song when Dionne Warwick sang it. Any girl who has been treated badly by a guy (probably 99% of the population) should be able to feel those lyrics. It's like there is no Angie behind the eyes & that's pretty off-putting.

vCash
    Angie may not allow herself to "engage"/feel any music outside the Christian genre.

vCash
    Just finished reading Idol Chatter over on USAToday. Interesting about the save. They HAVE to use it. The schedule is based on them using it. So, if a girl is in the bottom this week, they will use it tonight, if it's Lazaro, they won't and it'll carry over to next week.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Angie may be better with Christian music but that is not a good enough reason why she can't connect with any other type of music when she is not behind the piano. "Anyone Who Had a Heart" may be dated but it was a pretty great song when Dionne Warwick sang it. Any girl who has been treated badly by a guy (probably 99% of the population) should be able to feel those lyrics. It's like there is no Angie behind the eyes & that's pretty off-putting.
    I think a lot of it is youth and lack of performing experience. In my experience, younger performers are obsessed with getting it "right." Connection to the lyrics and going off melody require a degree of risk taking that makes many young performers uncomfortable.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    There were enough good performances last night to make how badly Lazaro sang even more apparent..

vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Good point about how the save is in its final week. However, that can probably be changed. If I were TPTB I would tell them not to save Lazaro and we would just use the save next week. Who cares if this is supposed to be the final week for it, rules were meant to be broken, no?
    -Brian

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is it just me who finds Kree to be going off-pitch a little more each week? I love her voice and don't want her gone, but she's missing notes more and more often. I think the judges like her too much to state that. And I'm okay with that because I want her in the finale even if she's making more and more mistakes every week.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i agree they would prefer not to use the save on lazaro. but id hate to see them use it on janelle just to use it. i think using it on the other girls would be valid.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Is it just me who finds Kree to be going off-pitch a little more each week? I love her voice and don't want her gone, but she's missing notes more and more often. I think the judges like her too much to state that. And I'm okay with that because I want her in the finale even if she's making more and more mistakes every week.
    I thought I have a pretty good ear but I don't hear it. Lyndsey Parker has the videos from last night up on her website so I'll listen to both of Kree's songs to see if I can hear what you're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I think a lot of it is youth and lack of performing experience. In my experience, younger performers are obsessed with getting it "right." Connection to the lyrics and going off melody require a degree of risk taking that makes many young performers uncomfortable.
    THIS. Also -- for a singer (actor, dancer - figure skating, even, I would imagine) life experience is as much a part of the instrument as the voice/body. I don't think ANY 18 year old has the emotional IQ to connect to some of this material - but I suspect that the choices are limited. This is why Kree and Candice are light years ahead of the others -- they bring life to the table.

*I* would coach the younger ones to stick to what they *could* connect to -- for Angie that connection appears to be CCM music, which I can totally understand, as a former sheltered Christian teenager. I listen to some of the material I sang in my twenties and just cringe. I may have had the vocal chops, but I just.didn't.get.it.

PS -- this is why Broadway sucks today. Young whippersnappers fresh out of musical theatre conservatory who can fill the track and not ask questions get snapped up and burned out...who have no life experience to color the product. Sigh. That's another soapbox, I guess....

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast