Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

vCash
    The public is to blame for continuing to "hold up" Lazaro; even though the producers never should have put him through.
    Voters, do you really want to hear him struggle?

Can AI afford another "winner" whose career goes nowhere?

vCash
    Doggone it! After Devin was eliminated I stopped watching but I meant to go back & vote for Lazaro & I forgot. IMO it would serve the judges & producers right for trying to manipulate a winner to have Lazaro win. I tho't from the beginning they were promoting a black winner, preferably a woman & that's why they passed over so many talented young men during auditions. If these are the same judges next year I certainly won't bother watching AI again.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    The public is to blame for continuing to "hold up" Lazaro; even though the producers never should have put him through.

It would be AI's own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Doggone it! After Devin was eliminated I stopped watching but I meant to go back & vote for Lazaro & I forgot. IMO it would serve the judges & producers right for trying to manipulate a winner to have Lazaro win. I tho't from the beginning they were promoting a black winner, preferably a woman & that's why they passed over so many talented young men during auditions. If these are the same judges next year I certainly won't bother watching AI again.
    Exactly. It's their fault for picking cannon fodder. If they picked all talented contestants instead of trying to stack the deck, no one would be screaming. All the outrage (not just here) just amazes me because doesn't this always happen on AI? They always try to stack the deck and it's about time it severely bites them in the ass. And really? Until Lazaro outstays a woman, it don't see this as any worse than past seasons. None of the guys were really that great. To me Devin is a Pia, talented but boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Lazaro in the Top 3?? Seriously??!! What a joke. If the Top 6 is the last time they can use the save, and Lazaro ends up in that spot, I hope Nicki stands by her promise and refuse to save him.
    Lazaroflation to the nth degree. He is one of the worst top 10 contestants I have ever seen on AI. He has almost no voice, a lack of technical ability to sing some of the melodies within the songs that he selects, etc. etc. I was so digusted last night that I stopped watching the results show.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Anybody remember Leah LaBelle from Season 3? She has a new song that I think is amazing! Leah LaBelle - Lolita. It's her second single and is audio only. Her first single has an official video, which I don't like as much...but it could easily grow on me... Leah LaBelle - Sexify.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I was surprised that Candice wasn't on the top of most of the lists, and for her to not make it on many lists was
    it was only based on this week wasnt it? i like candice but her satisfaction had me feeling like i was waiting for someone at the borgata

peter, this new song is much more fun than sexify. i still think vladowski is a better name than labelle though.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    it was only based on this week wasnt it?
    No, I don't think it was just this week. I seem to remember Keith referring to their performances so far. In any event, I preferred Candice to Angie this week. But, then again, I've never really understood the Angie love.

vCash
    I don't think we can blame Lazaro on teen girls. VFTW is really behind him & voting their fingers off. But of course it's the judges fault he survived Hollywood week.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

I was under the impression that the lists were SUPPOSED to be for the week only but then Keith went on a spiel about it being an overall ranking. I'm unsure how the other judges took it, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post

Don't worry. Lazaro won't win. He's just another Sanjaya, not another Lee. Lazaro hasn't been getting high praises, but Lee did. So that's the difference.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    peter, this new song is much more fun than sexify. i still think vladowski is a better name than labelle though.
    Oh no...too ethnic!!

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't think we can blame Lazaro on teen girls. VFTW is really behind him & voting their fingers off. But of course it's the judges fault he survived Hollywood week.
    Does VFTW really have any power? Some years they had a new choice almost every week, because their pick got voted off.

Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Don't worry. Lazaro won't win. He's just another Sanjaya, not another Lee.
    But Sanjaya had to split votes with the other boys (Blake and Chris, who were arguably cuter) and Phil Stacey too. Now with Burnell gone, those who like to vote for males will put all their votes towards Lazaro. Plus this last week, Lazaro was in the top three. There's a possibility that he was #1 as far as getting the most votes....
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Does VFTW really have any power? Some years they had a new choice almost every week, because their pick got voted off.
    No it doesn't. The idea that it has so much power is a crock. It's something that the webmaster and his ardent followers kept repeating until he brainwashed some people into believing it. They are almost always picking new people every season, the year the country singer with the large ears won, can't remember his name, they had someone new almost every week because none of their picks were sticking. No power there.

I blame Tyler, Lopez and Jackson for the stacked cards this year. They were so much more critical on the women the last two years and so easy on the guys that a girl didn't have a shot at winning. Hello, Haley Reinhart, etc. Now the new judges are being pressured to make up for past harsh judging of the women that may have affected the results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    No it doesn't. The idea that it has so much power is a crock. It's something that the webmaster and his ardent followers kept repeating until he brainwashed some people into believing it. They are almost always picking new people every season, the year the country singer with the large ears won, can't remember his name, they had someone new almost every week because none of their picks were sticking. No power there.

I blame Tyler, Lopez and Jackson for the stacked cards this year. They were so much more critical on the women the last two years and so easy on the guys that a girl didn't have a shot at winning. Hello, Haley Reinhart, etc. Now the new judges are being pressured to make up for past harsh judging of the women that may have affected the results.
    The fewer voters, the more VFTW votes can help save someone. That said, there are a number of people who vote based on the judges comments. Whoever gets the worst critique gets their votes. If the producers want Lazaro gone, all they have to do is pull out the "damning with faint praise" card.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I noticed the judges were mostly noncommittal last week & I wondered if they were trying to eliminate the pity vote. Too bad Jimmy Iovine didn't get the memo.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Tonight's themes are......"The Bacharach-David Songbook," and "Songs You Wish You Wrote."

According to The Idol Pad, here's what we're in for:

Spoiler

...Will this be the first time for a song by The Cure (clearly *not* from the B/D Songbook ) appears on AI?
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    The thought of Lazaro destroying one of my favorite songs (I think anyone who knows me knows which song it ISN'T ) makes me not want to watch this.

Well, that and it's the only other song besides the Cure song that doesn't suck.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Oh lord if all that turns out to be true .... . I hate every one of those Bacharach songs! This is not going to be a good night for me.

vCash
    Well we're getting Bacharach out of the way first.

I guess the judges have been told to actually give criticism. Angie was okay, but meh. I'm happy to see Amber sing an uptempo song, but I'm not feeling so much energy. It seems half hearted in places.
    I think the judges will like it.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    They can rave about Amber all they want, but other than the fact that she is really pretty to look at, I don't enjoy her performances at all. Her tone is quite yucky on my TV speakers.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The judges and I must be watching something different. Lazaro's up next.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast