Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I believe he stuttered his way right into the top 10. Not his fault, he isn't faking or asking for pity, but it's becoming more and more clear that he got here because of pity votes.
    That's the only reason he got there, people are so blinded by the sob story, they feel sorry for him and vote for him. I never thought Devin was going to win, and there were of course things to work on, but when the best technical male singer leaves the show before the worst, this is even worse than the debacle that was Sanjaya Malakar. Devin's potential is insane and he's only 19, but I fear he is going to go the way of most and disappear into oblivion, I hope SOMEONE out there was watching tonight and snaps him up, but it'll be years before we hear anything from again if ever. What really makes me is that even if Lazaro screws up, he doesn't care anymore, he knows now that he'll be able to ride the pity vote for several more weeks before he has to go. He completely flubbed his words and simple choreographic dance moves and doesn't seem like he is putting in the effort that others are, is what really turns me off.

It's fine, people will continue to vote and watch the show, I'm not one of those people anymore, I will stick with The Voice. These judges are useless. Mariah is an amazing performer but as a judge as been a total tool, Don't get me started on Minaj, I've had enough of this show.
    Kyle

vCash
    Lazaro is once again complaining that he didn't have enough time to learn the lyrics. He didn't have any less time than Devin or Burnell. I really hope people stop making excuses for him and giving him pity votes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...ber-was-431510

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    methinks a cheesesteak coupon was involved.

Allegedly Jennifer Holiday and Anita Baker have attempted to converse with Aretha regarding her career and were soundly, roundly snubbed. I've been told Aretha is insanely jealous of other R&B songstresses. YMMV.
    The well publicized dislike and fued with Gladys Knight and Patti La Belle.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Pissed that Devin is going home. I'm hoping Smokey can pull some strings can get a record deal for him.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I guess that Vote for the Worst thing really does work. I can't believe Lazaro didn't get the boot! I think the 3 guys were probably going to be the next to go regardless, because its clearly stacked for a girl to win, but no way does Devin deserve to go before Lazaro. Next week will probably be Burnell no matter how well he does. They won't use the Save unless some crazy voting happens and lands a girl in the danger spot.

The final time to use the Save is when #6 gets voted off, right? If it is Lazaro, I hope they don't use it just on principle!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    The well publicized dislike and fued with Gladys Knight and Patti La Belle.
    Aretha vs. these two or a Gladys vs. Patti feud? Because Gladys and Patti have recorded together on at least two separate occassions:

Gladys and Patti: I Don't Do Duets

Gladys, Patti and Dionne: Superwoman
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    The final time to use the Save is when #6 gets voted off, right? If it is Lazaro, I hope they don't use it just on principle!
    Do they really have to use the 'save'?

I'm one of the guilty ones voting for Lazaro only b/c I don't take Idol seriously, since they have churned out undeserving winners like Lee Dwyze, plus Lazaro is a handsome lad to look at. Once all the guys are eliminated, there's nobody to look at. None of the girls are good looking, though they're not ugly either. Christina Christian from the first season was the best looking female Idol contestant ever that made it to the live shows. Kat McPhee is too beauty pageant-like. Not my cup of tea.

vCash
    You can't blame "the show" for Lazaro not being voted off. That is all VFTW's doing. I think The Voice & X Factor also have strange results due to people voting for cute boys. (Of course it's the show's fault for putting him in the top 20.)

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

I think we're giving too much credit to VFTW. I think it helps but I feel that Lazaro's sob story is getting him enough votes to stay in regardless of VFTW.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lazaro is cute, but I think Paul Jolley was more ogle-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    You can't blame "the show" for Lazaro not being voted off. That is all VFTW's doing.
    I don't think VFTW has much pull. They've had picks before who got voted off the show each week, so they kept having to make a new pick. Lazaro is going through because the 8 to 14 year old girls who power-vote think he's cute/non-threatening and has a sad story that they sympathize with. DOUBLE POINTS!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    You can't blame "the show" for Lazaro not being voted off. That is all VFTW's doing. I think The Voice & X Factor also have strange results due to people voting for cute boys. (Of course it's the show's fault for putting him in the top 20.)
    VFTW are just people choosing to vote the way they want to, like everyone else. It's not their fault if fans of other contestants don't vote in equal numbers.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    I wonder if Jimmy will have Lazaro try Spanish now that Devin is gone. If Jimmy hasn't checked out, that is.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Lazaro is going through because the 8 to 14 year old girls who power-vote think he's cute/non-threatening and has a sad story that they sympathize with. DOUBLE POINTS!!
    Not all of them are 8-14. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    I'm one of the guilty ones voting for Lazaro only b/c I don't take Idol seriously, since they have churned out undeserving winners like Lee Dwyze, plus Lazaro is a handsome lad to look at. Once all the guys are eliminated, there's nobody to look at. None of the girls are good looking, though they're not ugly either. Christina Christian from the first season was the best looking female Idol contestant ever that made it to the live shows. Kat McPhee is too beauty pageant-like. Not my cup of tea.
    That's how undeserving winners happen - when people like you don't vote for the contestant with the best voice or entertainment quotient. At least 8-14 yr old girls have some excuse for being immature - what's yours? And who the fcuk cares how good-looking they are? Was Amy Winehouse good-looking? Is Adele? Unless you're buying videos instead of CD's you don't have to look at them anyway.

I know it's just a silly TV show but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would watch a show they don't think much of & then vote in order to skew the results. That's just mean. VFTW does have some results - it keeps contestants on longer than they deserve (Sanjaya/Tim Urban) & they probably have at least one win, maybe two - Taylor Hicks & Lee Dewyse.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Aretha vs. these two or a Gladys vs. Patti feud? Because Gladys and Patti have recorded together on at least two separate occassions:

Gladys and Patti: I Don't Do Duets

Gladys, Patti and Dionne: Superwoman
    Doesn't mean that they got along. CoughTinaTurnerEltonJohncough...

And Dionne has publicly criticized Patti for being a microphone hog, and Patti gave it right back to her...I love Dionne's old stuff, but she's turned into a nasty old woman.

Was Amy Winehouse good-looking? Is Adele?
    Amy, no, not really, but I have always found Adele rather pretty.

vCash
    BUMP -

Apparently, Lazaro is also blaming "internet meanies" for his poor performances, not just his lack of preparation.

vCash
    BUMP -

Apparently, Lazaro is also blaming "internet meanies" for his poor performances, not just his lack of preparation.
    - not at you Rex! but at Lazaro, what a spoiled, petulant brat. "Internet meanies"? How about you spend less time on the internet and actually spend time learning the bloody lyrics to your songs? And stop acting like you're entitled when everyone else is working harder and far more talented singers have gone home before you? Makes me all that more angry that the best male singer on the show went home before him.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    - not at you Rex! but at Lazaro, what a spoiled, petulant brat. "Internet meanies"? How about you spend less time on the internet and actually spend time learning the bloody lyrics to your songs? And stop acting like you're entitled when everyone else is working harder and far more talented singers have gone home before you? Makes me all that more angry that the best male singer on the show went home before him.
    If Devin had any flaws, it was a lack of variety. Like Luther Vandross. Luther had one of the best R&B voices out there, but after a while, all of his songs started to sound the same. I think Devin needed to diversify his music choices. But vocally, he's leagues ahead of Lazaro, who is starting to get on my nerves. Internet meanies hurting your feelings? Maybe you should be REHEARSING your song choices instead of surfing the web Lazaro!!

vCash
    I had sympathy for Lazaro before, but he just keeps shooting himself in the foot. There's no need to make comments boo-hooing about "internet haters" and his attitude was just weird both last night and performance night. It felt so put on and fake. I would be willing to cut him some slack on forgetting lyrics or having a tough time learning material, if he just owned up to it and took ownership. But he just keeps placing blame and is coming off as so un-savvy and amatuerish.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    methinks a cheesesteak coupon was involved.

Devin goes; Lazaro stays? This is just wrong.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast