Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What did Nicki say that they bleeped?
    penis - actually penis was the first 2 syllables of the word (forgot the word) but she paused a long time between the 2nd & 3rd.

I thought Paul & Jenelle were hideous. For me the problem with Angie is that she sounded so insincere - it was like she practiced looking sad in front of a mirror - the whole thing was staged & fakey. Paul has the same problem - he doesn't engage me at all. I don't think Mariah was dissing country, I think she was saying it's not him, that to her he has a poppy style. But I disagree - he has a good voice but I think he's been OTT so long he doesn't know how to tone it down.

Amber's performance was a little uneven but her tone is so beautiful. I liked Candice a lot too - I thought the falsetto riff was unnecessary but the rest of it was brilliant. Kree was perfection & I thought Devin was too. Burnell sounded good but his lack of familiarity with the song meant that his inflection was kind of weird. It was really off-putting to me.

They would have been kinder to cut Lazaro before top 20 so he could have come back in the next year or two. He wasn't ready....but at least he'll get to go on tour & that will help him a lot. IMO Paul deserves to go 1st, then Jenelle, then Lazaro. I say Jenelle before Lazaro because I think her talent is very ordinary & limited - I've heard plenty of people around here who could sing circles around her. I don't know how she made top 20. I do think Lazaro has a really good voice & could have a Michael Buble kind of career.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I thought Angie and Janelle were the best of the night - and neither are favourites of mine. I thought they connected with their songs better than anyone else. Devin's performance was like an automated robot - and he IS one of my favourites. I just thought his vocal was cold and calculated.

My 3rd and 45h favourites were Candice and Amber. Thank God for Candice...all these treacly ballads. YUCK. I actually went to my computer in the middle of Lazaro's performance to bring up a list of Beatles songs and there are so many good upbeat numbers to pick from. Not sure why everyone keeps picking ballads when there are very few of them played on the radio these days. Other than Adele, the only ballads I can think of are the rare one from Rihanna or Bruno Mars (who normally don't do ballads).
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I downloaded Devin and Paul's songs from Itunes... I want my money back! Totally boring and yawn worthy I'm glad Devin slayed it on the Live Shows, it was much better there. The recorded song was really blah. I wanted to give Paul the benefit of the doubt, but he wasn't much better recorded either. I think Lazaro has a large fan base so Paul is likely toast tonight.
    Kyle

vCash
    They would have been kinder to cut Lazaro before top 20 so he could have come back in the next year or two.
    He wasn't ready....but at least he'll get to go on tour & that will help him a lot.
    ITA!
    It still surprises me that most of these singers have never heard Beatles music.

PeterG, what material has been "cleared" for them to choose from?
    That may have something to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post

I thought Paul & Jenelle were hideous. For me the problem with Angie is that she sounded so insincere - it was like she practiced looking sad in front of a mirror - the whole thing was staged & fakey. Paul has the same problem - he doesn't engage me at all. I don't think Mariah was dissing country, I think she was saying it's not him, that to her he has a poppy style. But I disagree - he has a good voice but I think he's been OTT so long he doesn't know how to tone it down.

Amber's performance was a little uneven but her tone is so beautiful. I liked Candice a lot too - I thought the falsetto riff was unnecessary but the rest of it was brilliant. Kree was perfection & I thought Devin was too. Burnell sounded good but his lack of familiarity with the song meant that his inflection was kind of weird. It was really off-putting to me.

They would have been kinder to cut Lazaro before top 20 so he could have come back in the next year or two. He wasn't ready....but at least he'll get to go on tour & that will help him a lot. IMO Paul deserves to go 1st, then Jenelle, then Lazaro. I say Jenelle before Lazaro because I think her talent is very ordinary & limited - I've heard plenty of people around here who could sing circles around her. I don't know how she made top 20. I do think Lazaro has a really good voice & could have a Michael Buble kind of career.
    Pretty much agree with everything you just stated Taf, especially about Janelle. There are so many talented country singers out there, and while they found a gem in Kree, the next bext they could do is Janelle? Really? very generic and like you said, ordinary.

I thought this was one of Angie's better vocals, but her performances still seem so forced and contrived. I can't believe Randy (or was it keith?) had the nerve to compare her to Hayley Williams, who would absolutely blow this pagaent performer out of the water.

I agree that Mariah wasn't trying to diss country music, just that it doesn't seem to be Paul's "niche" so to speak. She just worded it poorly. Paul seems to be more suited to pop or even musical theater, which I think is a good thing. Lots of AI alum have made a career going the musical theater route...Clay, Constantine, Fantasia, Diana, ect. Paul has a great voice, but he needs to watch going sharp when he belts, it can get a bit too shouty. While his voice is impressive, his performances still just seem somewhat hollow to me.

I agree that it would have been kinder to just cut Lazaro before the top 20. Let him figure out who he is as a performer, and work on his vocal abilities. He has a beautiful voice, but it is still very untrained, and very inconsistent. He's had moments of brilliance and moments of . Just too all over the place. At this point he's getting by on his sob story, and it's getting old. I don't need to watch the judges/producers milk yet another sob story, while exploiting the contestant. It was different with Danny Gokey, who actually pushed his OWN sob fest, he didn't even need the producers to do it for him. Just put Lazaro out of his misery already. He's lucky to have gotten this far, he gets to go on the tour, and good for him. Now time to move on to those who are clearly more seasoned.

No one blew me away tonight but, I very much enjoyed Candice, Devin, Amber, Kree and Burnell. Amber's voice gets more impressive every week. If Jessica Sanchez had her infectious smile, sass, and personality, maybe she would have won.

vCash
    I guess I'm trying to figure out what a "pageant performer" sings like. Because in my experience, a pageant performer either wails musical theatre or Barabra Streisand covers off key...or botches one of the easier Italian arias with southern amurican diction...on mic. Just saying. In the context of this thread "pageant performer" seems to = "pretty white girl who sings power ballads"....(consequently, with confidence...which is what I suspect the real issue is).

vCash
    Why am I being subjected to this douchenozzle? What was idol thinking when they hired Jimmy Iovine? He's such an asshat who doesn't make sense half the time. Ugh.
    Kyle

vCash

What in the sam hell is WRONG with America where Devin was killer and Lazaro stays safe? FFS America, it's a singing competition NOT a bloody beauty pageant!
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post

What in the sam hell is WRONG with America where Devin was killer and Lazaro stays safe? FFS America, it's a singing competition NOT a bloody beauty pageant!
    I know....

Am the only one who can't remember a single song that Jessica Sanchez sang?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I know....
    Did Jimmy Iovine accuse Lazaros of fibbing? Lazaros said he only had one night to learn his song, but Jimmy said he had five! I cannot believe he's safe with that awful performance. Sympathy voting...people, it's a TALENT show!!!

Am the only one who can't remember a single song that Jessica Sanchez sang?
    If there was ever proof that I'm getting older, it's this; I didn't even know who she was! Of course, last year I only watched the audition portion of the show.

vCash
    And now Amber?!?

American teeny boppers need to be banned from voting on this show... forever...

When Janelle and Lazaro are safe and Amber and Devin are in danger... if anyone but Paul is gone, I swear I'm done with this show for good...
    Kyle

vCash
    Who should go home??

Was Paul the worst last night (of the 3)? I think I like Devin the least, to be honest.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the guy who reminds me of evan with a better nose should go. he's schlocky.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Paul is done. Why are they letting him sing. There is no way in hootie they would save him. His voice is so pitchy, he sounds so nervous and he sings a ballad. Poor young man.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    This guy has insane potential, but he has to learn how to reign it in and really decide what he wants to do with it. Not ready for primetime just yet. I think he's gone.
    Kyle

vCash
    Paul is my least favorite, but he doesn't deserve this...I HATE fangurlz

vCash
    Where is the sandman from Apollo when you need him.

vCash
    I agree Jenelle and Lazaro needed to be gone before Paul

vCash
    Kree has a excellent voice but she needs to change her image. She wants to be a country singer looking the way she does. Ain't no way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Where is the sandman from Apollo when you need him.
    If I were Sandman, I'd be tapping all over Lazaro's feet, running his ass off the stage, word.
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I agree Jenelle and Lazaro needed to be gone before Paul
    No, only Lazaro. Then I'd make him come back every week and have him voted off again

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast