Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Funny how Nikki made the comment about wishing they had more time to discuss it but "its a live show" .... when she didn't think so last night. And her sitting there pouting thinking she would get her way? Don't think so. They would never use the save on 10th place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Funny how Nikki made the comment about wishing they had more time to discuss it but "its a live show" .... when she didn't think so last night.
    Yeah, maybe if she had been there on time to see Curtis perform she would have understood the voting.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Just came home to the arena bummed out about V&M, and saying buh-bye to Curtis is making me feel a little better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Lazaro is a handsome lad. I can really see that this evening.
    But his singing is not up to the standard of the other finalists...I'm sorry.
    Eh, sacrifice one of the finalists for some eye candy cuz me need some. None of the finalists are vocally spectacular anyways.

Idol is copying X-factor by revealing the rankings outside top 3.
    Last edited by moebius; 03-15-2013 at 05:25 AM.

vCash
    I'm glad Devin is safe, but I'd much rather see Lazaro go than Curtis...Curtis was not my favorite per se, but a much better singer than Lazaro.
    Curtis has a better voice & is more trained, but better singer? Depends - would you rather hear an amateur lounge singer or a tortured cat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Curtis has a better voice & is more trained, but better singer? Depends - would you rather hear an amateur lounge singer or a tortured cat?
    I'll go with amateur lounge singer (that can be improved upon with experience and training.)
    As a cat owner, I do not wish to hear a tortured cat.

vCash
    I hardly think Curtis sounds like a tortured cat. He's old school soul. Not for everyone, but hardly a tortured cat.

vCash
    Did you watch his face when he sings? Or hear the 47 runs at the end of each verse? Barry White was old school, Luther Vandross was old school, Ruben Studdard pulled off old school & made America vote for him. Curtis's vocal gymnastics don't say old school to me, it says show-off.

vCash
    Jimmy's advice to Curtis was spot on. You can honor retro R&B without sounding or looking like you're 65. Curtis should have been booted for his outfit alone. On performance night, he looked more like a backup singer from a 50s doo-wop group.

Oh, and Nikki, take a note. AI winners tend to be likable and relatable to the voting audience. What about Curtis did you find likable?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Nicki made the entire night about herself and how SHE would feel. She needs to go away. I can not stand her.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I hardly think Curtis sounds like a tortured cat. He's old school soul. Not for everyone, but hardly a tortured cat.
    I agree. I wasn't a bit Curtis fan, but I do think there was others who easily deserved to go before he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Nicki made the entire night about herself and how SHE would feel. She needs to go away. I can not stand her.
    Why's that, my li'l ladybug?

I hate when she talks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I agree. I wasn't a bit Curtis fan, but I do think there was others who easily deserved to go before he did.
    So, so true. CoughLazarocough.

vCash
    Others may have deserved to go earlier, but I am fine with Curtis off my teevee.

vCash
    I can think of others with weaker vocals (Lazaro, Janelle) but Curtis was really hard to watch and his style was nothing I like to hear. Unfortunately, Lazaro and Janelle look to be a round for a bit longer. I was surprised they showed exact placements. Is it safe to assume that the order the top 3 were announced was 1-2-3? They worked backwards for all the others so I assume it was Candice, Kree then Angie.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Others may have deserved to go earlier, but I am fine with Curtis off my teevee.
    i wont miss him, he over embellished everything to the point of caricature, he was wearing upholstery material and i believe i can fly should never be heard again.

or he didnt disclose his criminal record on his app and he was allowed to bow out gracefully
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I can think of others with weaker vocals (Lazaro, Janelle) but Curtis was really hard to watch and his style was nothing I like to hear. Unfortunately, Lazaro and Janelle look to be a round for a bit longer. I was surprised they showed exact placements. Is it safe to assume that the order the top 3 were announced was 1-2-3? They worked backwards for all the others so I assume it was Candice, Kree then Angie.
    No, Ryan said that they weren't going to reveal the placements for the top 3.

I'm going to give Nicki the benefit of the doubt this week since her mentor/friend Lil Wayne was ailing.

Lazaro needs to go. I don't know why he wears pants that make his hips look so wide.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Lazaro needs to go. I don't know why he wears pants that make his hips look so wide.
    So it's NOT just me. Week after week, I keep thinking, "GURRRL...those are child-bearing hips!!!"
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    He also stands with his feet together which looks very weird. I thought he would quit doing it when he saw himself on TV for top 20 but he did it for top 10 too.

vCash

American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So it's NOT just me. Week after week, I keep thinking, "GURRRL...those are child-bearing hips!!!"
    Is it the pants? I think he looks like he used to be very large and has lost a lot of weight. He may be carrying leftover weight and/or skin in that area.
    -Brian

vCash
    He's not a skinny guy. While guys usually carry their extra weight around their waistlines, some guys do get the bottom heavy pear shape common to women.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast