Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That was kind of neat to see Lazaro tell Ray to follow him because he doesn't have the end memorized. Is Lazaro partly deaf or is it just a stutter?
    I was wondering if he was partly deaf as well because it kind of looked like he was using sign language. Unless he was just so nervous he was just flying his hands around trying to tell Ray to watch him at the end.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    on my morning news they reported that 1 addl male and 1 addl female will be added
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I read that the #6 boy & the #6 girl will have a sing-off & the winner (voters will pick, not the judges) will be added to the tour. It didn't say anything about being added to the show. This sounds bizarre to me so I don't know if this is correct.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added 2 kids. The tour is grueling, and they'll need replacements for the group stuff.

As for the results, I'm fine with the ones they've got. I don't think Paul or Janelle are that great, but there aren't any other contestants who were much better this week. If there's justice, they'll be the first two out. Does it seem that they came out in reverse order?
    Last edited by Aceon6; 03-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Lazaro is nice young man with a great story but it's time for him to go
    I hear the cruise lines are looking for some singers. He should audition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I hear the cruise lines are looking for some singers. He should audition.
    Seriously. He has a nice voice, but not nearly enough experience to know what to do with it. My best friend is actually a musical theatre singer/performer and she said cruise ships are actually really good experience for singers that are just starting out. It's painfully obvious that Laz has no experience in front of a crowd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    Seriously. He has a nice voice, but not nearly enough experience to know what to do with it.d.
    But aren't all these young contestants inexperienced? The show brings in star mentors to advise them as the competition progresses.

vCash
    There's a difference between "inexperienced" and "never having sung/been onstage"; as with Lazaro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    Seriously. He has a nice voice, but not nearly enough experience to know what to do with it. My best friend is actually a musical theatre singer/performer and she said cruise ships are actually really good experience for singers that are just starting out. It's painfully obvious that Laz has no experience in front of a crowd.
    Right.
    Didn't Jennifer Hudson sing with Royal Caribbean for a while?
    Last edited by Rex; 03-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Yep, Jennifer Hudson sang on a cruise ship. I know "cruise ship singer" is often used as an dig at some of the contestants, but it can be a good opportunity for a first time gig. Not a bad way to earn some decent money while working on performance skills.

vCash
    A cruise ship singer was on The Voice about two seasons ago. She was pretty good except her age worked against her as the judges wanted a younger demographic on their team.

vCash
    I worked as both a cruise ship singer and a music director for a couple cruise lines -- honestly, we would NEVER hire anyone without at least nominal professional experience. Just saying. Six Flags and non-equity stock -- there's your first time performer training ground. Dude - cruise ship is a good gig! You make more out there than a lot of union shows!! (AND see the world AND get to be a princess. )

Re Lazaro...he may green, or it may be hype...but anyone with the peace of mind to tell the MD to follow him at the end of his song - moments after recieving life changing news and walking on stage (with a camera on your tail!), I think, will be just fine.

vCash
    One thing though was clear...I don't think any of the 10 picked up on the fact that they were on camera while backstage. I know Ryan told them all but they had just found out they were in the top 10 & it didn't appear that any of them processed that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    BTW I really liked the way they announced the top 10. They didn't make the losers stand there & be eliminated.
    I did, too. I, for one, would not have liked seeing a one on one between Charlie and Ryan with Ryan telling Charlie he didn't make it. This was a much better way of doing it. I hope Charlie is okay.

vCash
    Well, sorry people, but I think this is one of the worst overall group of finalists ever. Once Devin Velez is eliminated (if he is) I won't bother watching it & that's only happened once or twice in the past. Taylor Hicks win was one of those years.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I think this is going to be a great year in terms of vocals...but not necessarily personality. Which is fine, but sometimes having someone on who can really put on a show is a great thing (I would have been interested to see how much dancing Cortez might have added to his performances each week for example).

As for the top 10, I can't believe how many have such great pitch and smooth vocals!

Burnell Taylor - I'm Here followed by Ready For Love . WOW!!!

Candice Glover - I'm not 100% behind all of her song choices, but I'm Goin' Down - one of the best AI performances EVER.

Devin Velez - The Power of One (Change the World) - oh. my. gosh. He is SOMETHING!!

Amber Holcomb - I Believe In You And Me - another WOW! Her victory song of I'm Every Woman was a little shaky, but I'll cut her some slack with being overcome with making the top 10.

Kree Harrison - I love Kree, but I haven't really enjoyed her choices in the songs she's sung. Stronger was good, though. But I know she can do GREAT.

Curtis Finch, Jr. - He's a good singer, but his back story, mannerisms and over-the-top-edness are cringeworthy often. I did really enjoy him on So High.

Angie Miller - I like her, but I don't quite love her yet. Too many of her song choices seem similar to the previous performance. Good to see her get out from behind the piano for I Was Here.

Paul Jolley - He's been a favourite of mine from the beginning, but I admit he's not on equal footing (vocally) to the seven people I've just mentioned. Plus he's deluded if he thinks he could be the male Taylor Swift. The country music industry will never accept him.

Janelle Arthur - Have the judges seen a lot of good performances that we have not? She redeemed herself (barely) with Home, but it was still shaky. She has no competition from anybody country-ish (sorry Paul) and the other four ladies are more in the soul field. So Janelle will go much further than she should (which would be ninth place).

Lazaro Arbos. Poor, poor Lazaro. He can only dream as being half as talented as Janelle (which is not saying much considering this group). Imagine him in a sing-off (like on The Voice) against Devin. Or Burnell. Or Candice. They would all squash him like a bug. He should go first. He will probably get some extra votes as the poll at votefortheworst.com has him in first place as their next choice.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I've been too busy to keep up with AI this season, so I just watched a marathon of TVLine's Idology hosted by Michael Slezak. And I did see some of the male contestants this week. I don't know what to make of this crop of contestants. I can't comment on the females, but some of the male singers are and I wonder about the contestants they beat to get to the top 10. I think most of them can sing, but good grief they are zzzzzzzzzzz. Hopefully that will change when the main show begins this week. Crossing my fingers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I read that the #6 boy & the #6 girl will have a sing-off & the winner (voters will pick, not the judges) will be added to the tour. It didn't say anything about being added to the show. This sounds bizarre to me so I don't know if this is correct.
    Yes, that is correct. That was announced during the results show.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Nicki Minaj can't make it to work on time? What a diva. That is just absolutely inexcusable. You are on a LIVE television show being paid MILLIONS. I'd fire her...immediately and do the rest of the season with 3 judges.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Why is Curtis singing this in such a low key? He has incredible range and it does NOT work where it is at and he sounded horrible on the glory note.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast