Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm not understanding many of these song choices
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    "End of the Road" should also get you kicked off the show.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Wow, AI usually picks the best song for last- but they really missed with this one. Major back up singer sabotage here. And a horrid off tune run to end the show.

(I can't get past the legal charges that R.Kelly beat on technicalities. I just turn the station when I see his name on the radio.)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Devin, Curtis ( not my pick), Burnell, and Lazaro are probably who are going to make it for sure. 5th spot is a toss up between Vincent, Nick Boddington and Paul. If I had to pick, I'd go with Paul, but America won't go with him, so I think it'll probably be Vincent.
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    kyle, you dont think elijah will go through?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Which one was Burnell?

I'd really like to hear Paul sing again. I'm hoping no one votes for Curtis.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    kyle, you dont think elijah will go through?
    I think he's at a bit of a disadvantage, he started first and was forgettable, I know girls think he's "cute" but his vocals were terrible. Devin, Curtis, Nick, Lazaro, Vincent, Paul and Burnell were all better than him. I really hope he doesn't go through. That would be a huge waste of a spot.

If I had my own choice for who I'd send through. It'd be Devin, Nick, Paul, Lazaro and Burnell but those are my own choices and it won't go like that. I think Devin, Curtis, Lazaro, Burnell, will go through but it's a toss up for the 5th spot.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    LOL. It's a hard song to sing for those who don't know how to NOT oversing the song.

For example, the best version I've heard is from Yolanda Adams who is a christian/gospel singer with one of the best voices EVER.
    Ok, Yolanda Adams did a good job of singing the most horrible song in the world. That still doesn't make it enjoyable.

People not getting my vote:
    Elijah - come back in 5 years, in the meantime get a personality while singing, he seems to have one while talking
    Cortez - decent kareoke, nothing special
    Charlie - words fail - NO
    Burnell - I hated his song choice so much I have no idea if he did a good job, besides I don't think people will vote for Urkell
    Paul - he oversang it again, he's too theatrical
    Curtis - dreadful song sung wayyyyy over the top, I don't know if he's arrogant in RL but he comes off that way
    Vincent - Urkell all grown up, good voice but he does nothing for me

The votegetters:
    Nick - much better than last week, I liked the way he changed up the song, decent job
    Lazaro - strongest performance from him so far, I don't think he has a professional career in front of him but I liked it
    Devin - I love this guy - I agree with the judges, he is so effortless & he has such a beautiful voice, I would buy his CD

My predictions:
    Devin
    Lazaro
    Nick
    Vincent
    Paul

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Who told Charlie that song pick was a good choice. Or that, uhm ... "look" was a good choice. Good gawd looking at that make me wonder how the hell he ever got out of the first rounds at Hollywood week. Or even TOO Hollywood week. He's gone (I hope!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I found Curtis affected and overwrought. And it gets a standing ovation.

Just shoot me.
    Seriously. I don't get why these judges have been giving out standing ovations like they're candy the past few seasons. If that's the case then Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Melinda Doolittle, and Adam Lambert should have gotten one every damn week. And I think the biggest reason why Adam got the standing ovation for "Mad world" was because of his subtlety. Why they feel the need to give standing O's for screechy runs is beyond me. I don't mind belting when it's done right, but Curtis was just way too OTT for me.

I like Vincent, but wasn't crazy about the song choice this week. Some of the notes he hit were perfect, and others he was just too sharp, I was hoping he was going to blow Curtis out of the water, but hopefully he gets another chance next week.

I felt a little bad for Charlie. It wasn't his best vocal at all, but I feel like he's being treated as the male counterpart to Zoanette. They build him up to tear him down, and love the drama when he buckles under the pressure.

Laz was a lot better this week, much better vocal. I still feel like he can do a lot better though, which may not be a bad thing since it's better not to peak too early. I liked Burell...good vocal, but weird distracting hand movements. Devin was cute and another really good vocal. I like the Spanish thing he has going on and I love his clear tone. Hat guy was meh, didn't like his thin voice, or the arrangement of "Iris". Paul's voice was strong in parts and strained in others. He was a bit Zzzzz. So was the mexican/asian guy that Nicki seems to be desperately pushing as "marketable". These people need to take a look back at Clay Aiken if they think the only success can come from Rhianna and Beiber clones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Devin, Curtis ( not my pick), Burnell, and Lazaro are probably who are going to make it for sure.
    I agree. I really don't care who gets the fifth spot and I hope they don't give any of the guys wild cards. I thought Devin and Burnell were the best tonight, but I'd never buy their albums.

I really wish Charlie hadn't gotten this far. Not just because he's not good, but because I just don't think this is good for him. It makes me sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    My predictions:
    Devin
    Lazaro
    Nick
    Vincent
    Paul
    My choices as well.

Curtis is just and needs to sashay away.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    You all is cray cray if you think Jolley is going anywhere. He is the only cute white boy. He's a lock.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I really wish Charlie hadn't gotten this far. Not just because he's not good, but because I just don't think this is good for him. It makes me sad.
    Yeah. I thought that was very uncomfortable to watch tonight. I felt bad for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    You all is cray cray if you think Jolley is going anywhere. He is the only cute white boy. He's a lock.
    Agreed. Country + cute + white boy = staying power.

I don't know why the judges say he's too theatrical when Curtis is so over the top.

Devin is so solid, so quietly confident. He will be a huge star even if he doesn't win this competition.

I love Burnell. I think he is just so genuine and the arm movements don't bug me at all. But he needs a stylist stat -- he looked like he was on "Fresh Prince" tonight.

Agree that Elijah needs more time to simmer but he's talented.

vCash
    Few more thoughts:

Cortez is a good singer but always looks nervous as hell.

And I when they were talking about 40- and 50-year-olds throwing panties at Vincent and showed Zoanette. There's no way she's 20. More like 20x2.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    As long as Cortez, Burnell and Paul go through, I'm fine. There were a number of other good performances, but so many ballads. I just can't take it. Kudos to Cortez for doing "Locked out Of Heaven". Was it the only song tonight that had a tempo/pulse?

P.S. Am I alone in thinking that Cortez might be the most beautiful person on planet Earth?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I haven't sorted most of the names of the contestants out, and after tonight won't have to. That said, I'm shockingly surprised that I like this panel of judges much more than I expected at the outset of the season.

Keith Urban brings authenticity to the panel. While he could easily put down contestants and/or their performances, my impression is that he gives each one genuine feedback after a bit of thought, and I appreciate that.

While I find Nicki Minaj annoying to the tenth power, a bit of Urban seems to be rubbing off on her - albeit slowly. Let's hope that for the rest of the season, she sees Idol as less of a photo op than the job it is.

Randy Jackson seems to have buried "Yo dog..." and added more and meaningful words to his vocabulary. I notice that he disagrees with the others more, and backing up his opinions with reasons.

Mariah Carey - much as I like her - is the weak link right now. She is hesitant to voice her opinions - especially when the feedback she may offer may not be what the contestant wants to hear.

JMHO.

vCash
    Lazaro holds the mike too close to his face.

vCash
    The vocal coach should be addressing that.
    I don't think he has much stage experience.

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast