Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I just hope that Curtis Finch gets voted off quickly. He's a real piece of work.
    This will be interesting. He is a very, very good vocalist. But on the show, he was one mean piece of sh** who then went on to say to the judges that he wanted to inspire people with his music. Will the viewers remember how nasty he was? Or will his excellent vocal performances make them forget?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    The only contestant that I feel strongly shouldn't have gone through was Jonetta, the Star Spangled Banner singer. And I am completely over Kaz after her antics. From her audition I thought she was quirky but it turns out she is just plain obnoxious.

)
    I kind of like Kaz's unique voice.. but her personality totally turns me off.. the diva artistic attitude?? But then sometimes it's how the producers package the contestants so won't judge till after the live show starts.. I liked several of both the men and women's top 20 but I don't really get invested until after the live shows..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Looks like Crystal Bowersox is joining her AI alumni by appearing on Broadway...

Always... Patsy Cline, Starring Crystal Bowersox, Aiming for Broadway in Summer 2013
    I remember hearing her do a beautiful version of "Crazy."

It's going to be quite a year for Crystal. She's got an album coming out the end of next month. Here's a duet with Jakob Dylan that is on the album:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20130215 .

I really like the combination of Americana/country and rock she's been doing the last couple of years.

vCash
    I don't know how Zoanette is only 20 (or whatever age she says she is).

Her unpredictability makes her a liability in the live shows. I love Angela Milller. There's also a girl who looks like Rihanna that's gotten zero screentime that I think is good (she's made it far the last couple seasons).

Totally bummed Adrien Miller got cut with like 10 seconds of screentime. Great voice, great look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGgHDanAms.
    Last edited by all_empty; 02-20-2013 at 06:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I remember hearing her do a beautiful version of "Crazy."
    There are many videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.73mclAyaxIs

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I don't know how Zoanette is only 20 (or whatever age she says she is). Her unpredictability makes her a liability in the live shows. ......
    Totally agree. I want to see a birth certificate. And how she made it thru on that drum solo where she just sang the judges names and a bunch of jibberish words I'll never know.

I'm guessing she made the Top 20 Girls simply for the drama she will create when she gets cut. Lawdy I hope she gets cut! I don't think I will be able to take much of her.

vCash
    ZOMG. Schuba's version of Born This Way just kicked all kinds of ass.

Keith is confused. Meh.

Okay, she was the first contestant who didn't put me to sleep, so the judges crap all over her. I may be over this show. Again.

RANDY SAYS TOO MANY RUNS??

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That was one of the WORST performances I have ever heard, and she is top 20 material for the girls? OUCH!!! Why did she even sing that song? It sounded country in parts and had some swag (as Nicki put it) in others. Very confusing.

I thought the girl who did Lady Gaga was really good. Yeah. too quirky and too many runs for me but she has real vocal talent and I would like to hear more from her.

Wow, Kree was amazing. I like her just from looking at her. She seems very no-nonsense. Just happy doing her thing and she happens to be very good at it.
    Last edited by BigB08822; 02-21-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I don't think I can watch this season because I. Cannot. Stand. Nikki Minaj. I'll have to mute her to keep from breaking my TV.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Angela Miller was okay. Nothing special, really.

By the way, Brandy Hotard is related to someone I work with. I work in the same school district as Port Allen. I doubt she makes it through, though.

I loved the gay Kindle commercial! I expect to see that on Logo or Bravo, not during primetime and during the biggest show on television. Nice!
    Last edited by BigB08822; 02-21-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    They are going to drag these cuts out for 20 minutes. Ugh.

vCash
    Are they only going to do a top ten this year and not twelve?

vCash
    Even though I thought her arrangement was a mess, I would have kept Schuba.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I thought they all sounded like ass. And why couldn't they have all the women perform tonight? They really like dragging this show out. Sheesh.

vCash
    I thought there were some amazing performances tonight. I had a top 6 written down so I eliminated Tenna & as it worked out, I should have eliminated Shuba. I do think Shuba has more potential than Tenna. She seems more marketable & has a better voice. I didn't like her arrangement of Born This Way though. Of the top 5 Angela was my least favorite tonight but I thought the judges should have kept her on the strength of that original song last week. It was beautiful. I liked Kree the best tonight, then Adriana, & Amber, in that order. I've already listened to Kree twice so far & I haven't erased my recording because I might want to listen to her again. That last note was crazy.

BTW Tesla, how does one sound like ass? As for dragging the show out, apparently you haven't ever watched Idol before. This is SOP.
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-21-2013 at 04:08 AM.

vCash
    BTW Tesla, how does one sound like ass?
    Oh, taf, you really don't want to know, do you?

vCash
    Its amazing to me how many people just HATE Nicki Minaj. I find her to be honest, refreshing, and fun. Oh well. Anyway I think Angela was the best to me tonight- she didn't knock it all the way out of the park but she really did her thing and it was a great choice for her. Amber, while good, doesn't hold a candle to Melinda Doolittle on that song. Ditto for Kree vs. Crystal Bowersox, though I did like Kree a lot too. Latonio and Tenna had blah songs but I guess they deserved to make it. Felt terrible for Brandy but she just didn't have it on that song- Kim Caldwell did a wonderful job with that song on season 2 and nobody's sung it since. I can't believe Kamaria did Mr. Know it All- what a horrrrrrrrrible song choice for her. Isabel was karaoke crap, and Shubha, no thanks. People may be crying wuzrobbed for Shubha tonight but I guarantee you after next week's girls perform, nobody will remember she ever existed- its gonna be a barn burner! Guys group 1 taped tonight -spoilers will be on idolforums and mjbigblog at some point...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'm surprised at how much i like/tolerate nicki. i just hate every other thing so i'm in a bind.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've skipped a lot of the auditions because I just couldn't sit through bad singers and that much of Nicki Minaj. So, tonight was my first time seeing Kree. I liked her performance the most tonight. Based on tonight's performances, I had no problem with the judges' decisions. Unfortunately, I think Shubha blew it. :-(

vCash
    Shuba was horrible. The song choice was bad, the arrangement was worse. Only the girl who sang Kelly Clarkson was worse.

I thought Kree was a standout, and I really loved Adriana (the Filipino girl from Alaska) and Amber ("My Funny Valentine"). Of course Angela was making it through. Scratching my head over Tenna, but she is likable.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast