Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Go Denmark!
    vCash
    ok - who is Randy Jackson? I have never watched Idol before, but I wanted some mindless television... we will see how long I last (X Factor lasted me about 4 episodes...)

Nicky Minaj looks like she is made of plastic.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    ohmigosh, that opening was Phillip walks out to sing "Home" (which I have to admit I love). He sings a couple of lines in a pre-recorded bit...and in spite of having the opportunity to re-do this bit as many times as necessary...he is still awful! But then I think, "give him a shot, he's only sung two lines". And then they cut the pre-recorded "live" bit and go to his music video! They only let him sing two barely decent lines. Poor Phillip!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I actually really liked Nicki. I thought she related to the contestants, whereas Mariah just stroked her hair.

Angela Miller (the girl who had partial hearing loss) was the only standout for me, although the guy in the plastic Thriller suit was very entertaining.

vCash
    Nicki was better than I expected her to be, Mariah worse. Keith is just there. I'll do my usual DVR until the Hollywood rounds... check in here and just listen to the folks that other posters have commented on.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Completely disagree. I couldn't stand Nicki. I felt like every word out of her mouth was scripted. It's like she decided the show MUST be all about her & it's hard for anyone else to get a word in.

Randy has really toned it down this year. I found him bearable.

I'm not much for country music but I loved Keith. Hopefully he will stay sane, although I'm not sure how.

I have always adored Mariah & I think she could be really good but Nicki won't stand for that. She will interrupt & sabotage as much as possible.

As for the contestants, my favorite was the girl from the blended family, the girl who sang a song & then did rap, & the girl with the hearing loss. I can't remember any of the guys being good.

vCash
    My feeling was "Welcome to the Nikki Minaj show". Does she ever shut up & let others voice their opinions? I already miss Stephen & JLo.

vCash
    Keith Urban has the best hair among the ladies

I think walking out in front of the judges wearing short when you have one artificial leg is way too obvious an attempt to get sympathy votes.

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    I found the girl from the blended family to be off key? I was so surprised they liked her.

The family was adorable though!

I liked the camp Mariah girl, the hearing loss girl, the jersey country girl and the subway singer guy the best.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I can't tolerate Nicki. I didn't think anyone else could get a word in. I too thought the talent was pretty lackluster. I liked the last girl.

I thought I had deleted AI from my DVR series manager. But I didn't. So I watched it, then I deleted it from my series manager. I might watch when I come across it, but I am done with taping it and watching all of it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think if we are going to listen to the Mariah glory runs all season, I will have to quit watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I think if we are going to listen to the Mariah glory runs all season, I will have to quit watching.
    I actually think that we've gotten more discernible talent in the auditions, but Nicki Minaj is driving me nuts. She's a little girl trying to compete against DIVA Mariah.

Oh and might I say, the gorgeous Johnny Keyser has returned! I thought for sure he'd never go back to Idol, him not making it last year was a shocker, but I think he's a lock for final 10 if he doesn't blow it in Hollywood.
    Kyle

vCash
    I think this street performer has potential. But the boot has to go.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    stutterer is adorable in his hot pink bow tie. i'd like a season of all attractive people. it cant be any worse than the seasons where they allegedly picked them based on singing.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    He is absolutely ADORABLE! that bow-tie! How anyone could not fall for that story. I really hope he can continue to progress and do well.
    Kyle

vCash
    I couldn't stand Johnny Keyser's voice. I thought he was awful. But the anorexic girl (didn't she look like Salma Hayek?) & the bow tie boy had me crying & I loved their voices, it wasn't just the backstories. Also loved the street performer with the strange boot & I thought her original song was really good. There was a lot of talent tonight.

I think Mariah & Keith are really sweet and have good things to say. Nicki is beyond unbearable.

ETA: re the stutter, when I was in my 20's I had a neighbor who became a good friend who had a pretty bad stutter. After a while it became something that I expected to hear so that eventually I hardly noticed it. I find it terribly sad this kid has no friends or few friends. Why are people so shallow?
    Last edited by taf2002; 01-18-2013 at 04:28 AM.

vCash
    Kaz-Ban? Is that the street performer? I loved her!

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    I think the stuttering guy was INCREDIBLE brave for going on television like that. And when they interviewed him they did a great job of not interrupting (I can imagine it is very frustrating to stutter and have other people finish your sentences). I am normally not that touched by 'tug your hearstrings' stories in these competitions, since it sometimes seems like they are just manipulating the viewers - but all mu suspicions went away, a truely touching story. And I liked his voice.

the street performer was awesome. I was expecting a trainwreck, but she could sing, and she had great self reflection, which quite a few of the 'the crazy ones' that come audition don't have. I really liked her rocker voice, no pop diva here. I would by an album of her ballads - the original song was good.

vCash
    Nicki is insufferable. I don't think I can take a whole season of her.

vCash
    The first Idology is up on TV Line & it has Melinda Doolittle again. http://tvline.com/ I really enjoy her. They were recapping the first week of auditions.

vCash
    Did anyone watch this week? The "big" fight was pretty lame...obviously staged. I'm sure Nicki will have more reason than that to walk out later in the season. But they did find a couple of good ones...I esp liked the fact that Candice Glover is back. I never understood why she was cut last year after her group sang. After all, they kept Deandre.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast