vCash

Another Coach Arrested

Another horror story for the kids. So sad.

http://www.loscerritosnews.net/2013/...ts-with-child/

vCash
    I hope that anothers, if there be others, come forward and testify. If he is guilty, I got a great use for a zamboni......

vCash
    That guy is 29??? He looks like he is 39.....
    What a disgusting piece of trash if this is true..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I hope that anothers, if there be others, come forward and testify. If he is guilty, I got a great use for a zamboni......
    If you have a chance to use it, I'll foot the bill.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Perhaps it's just me, but this seems to be happening more often nowadays. People often say we should trust other people more, but how can you trust just anyone? News and experiences like these only confirm you can't be carefull enough about who you trust. I'd rather be untrusting of other people and take a long time before I even let them in my life than trusting everyone (like I used to do when I was younger) which often leads to having horrible people around you. That poor girl, I hope she'll get over this and let's hope she wasn't damaged too much so she can still overcome this and still have a nice happy life.

vCash
    It was boy, though I'm sure the same hopes and well wishes apply.
    “The information came to light in December 2012 when the now 17-year old victim told a friend at a youth camp, who then told another person. They then encouraged the victim to report the abuse. The victim told sheriff’s investigators that he was repeatedly molested by his skating coach at the coach’s Hacienda Heights home, when he was between the ages of 12 to 15,” said Lieutenant Carlos Marquez of the Special Victims Bureau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadya View Post
    Perhaps it's just me, but this seems to be happening more often nowadays.
    I don't know if it happens more often, but rather, is simply more in the open today and reported more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I don't know if it happens more often, but rather, is simply more in the open today and reported more often.
    ADMIN EDIT: Let's stick with the coaches that have been charged rather than nominating others.

vCash
    Very true. People are not so afraid to step forward.

vCash
    In addition, information is more readily available - this was reported in a local paper. Before the Internet who would have known until he showed up at some banned list (presumably send to clubs).

I think we are WAY safer today, as information is more available and people are more aware.

vCash
    ^^^ It's also a double-edged sword with the Social Media age. Someone can just as easily post false accusations at another person on the internet and completely ruin that person's life.

I never feel comfortable seeing someone's mugshot in the paper. That person is automatically labeled as guilty before any due process.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    ^^^ It's also a double-edged sword with the Social Media age. Someone can just as easily post false accusations at another person on the internet and completely ruin that person's life.

I never feel comfortable seeing someone's mugshot in the paper. That person is automatically labeled as guilty before any due process.
    I never feel comfortable when someone's arrest is in the news. It could be a false accusation. There are enough people in this world who have no qualms with filing accusations, and then some guy or gal's name hits the paper for the sensationalistic aspect, then after the dust settles the ADA sees that there is no case, no evidence, and the charge is dropped. Except now the accused has a mug shot and an arrest record. And still in this day and age, I would gather most people would assume if you were arrested, there had to have been a darn good reason for it. Unfortunately that's not always the case. An acquaintance from work was going through one hell of a bad divorce, and the day ex-wife filed, she also filed for a PRO (I think that's what it's called a protective restraint order) and charges because she accused this guy for 'abusing' her and her daughter. She kept saying that he 'abused' their daughter, which sounds horrible. The abuse that she was referring to was that he had said he was going to get the daughter some doll or toy but she was obnoxious in the store and he took her out of the store sans toy. Yeah, that's the ex-wife's idea of 'abuse'. Instead people already conjured up in their heads physical or sexual abuse.

I would much rather just know AFTER a trial or plea deal. But to put unfounded (to that point) charges against someone in the news before he has his day in court is just wrong. If he/she is guilty, the press can wait until it's resolved. Before then, it could just be character assassination by a jilted ex-wife.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    I never feel comfortable when someone's arrest is in the news. It could be a false accusation.
    Yes, and that's why there is a legal system as well as the media. And most media outlets are very careful to specify when someone has been charged, as opposed to convicted.

Or would you sooner that courts operated completely in secret, and no one knew anything about what was going on there?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Yes, and that's why there is a legal system as well as the media. And most media outlets are very careful to specify when someone has been charged, as opposed to convicted.

Or would you sooner that courts operated completely in secret, and no one knew anything about what was going on there?
    Very good point. I don't have an answer, because if there was an easy answer it would have been enacted. I suppose just making the people who read the news more sophisticated is a start. Just because someone is arrested for 'abusing' his daughter does not mean there is ANY weight there. The acquaintance from work actually got 50% custody, and the judge was apparently very upset at the wife for screaming ABUSE because that in itself is child abuse especially when there was none. Courts are going after these ex-wives who try to poison the court system and the children with such outrageous accusations. Some mothers end up even losing custody. He at least got 50%.

vCash
    ^^^
    THIS! Such abuse was considered taboo back in the day and unfortunately there was a shame factor laid on the victims-still is in some places in the world.

I just hope if he did it that he is brought to task.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    and the judge was apparently very upset at the wife for screaming ABUSE because that in itself is child abuse especially when there was none.
    Knowingly making a false accusation of abuse is against the law in a most states... so I'd presume most judges would be pretty unhappy about it.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
    Knowingly making a false accusation of abuse is against the law in a most states... so I'd presume most judges would be pretty unhappy about it.
    Except so many people have in their heads that 'abuse' encompasses everything. Someone can call me an uncaring bizatch, and while I'll brush it off a jilted ex-wife will truly believe she is being 'abused' and use it in court. That's why being a family court judge must be so frustrating. You have these women who throw 'abuse' out there when it was just a leveler to disarm the poor guy. It is really frustrating I'm sure because so many people who are seriously abused would not EVER admit to it because they don't want their names publicly associated with such a thing, and then there are those jilted ex-wives who scream abuse every chance they can. IMO, the judge should just say "Ma'am, let's see the pictures and the hospital records. None? Then leave my court room. And btw, the husband gets full custody and have a nice day."
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-17-2013 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    I can't figure out if you're serious or acting in character, Ms. Forrest.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I can't figure out if you're serious or acting in character, Ms. Forrest.
    How did you find my picture?!?!? I will boil your rabbit! j/k

No, it's easier just taking a pseud. I never pressed charges when I really needed to, I was too embarassed. I guess I am just amazed when people go public and make accusations that will never hold up. When I know of real people who deal with false accusations, I'm amazed becaused I wonder who the hell would make this stuff up. Then I see who does. No, I never made any claims, even if I should have. No need to have some bullshit case used against me in my future. I'm alive and it's ten years later. I lived. Moving on. But I love your pic of me, though that was twenty years ago, Michu.