Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Well, putting in my two cents. I used to be super flexible,
    We all know that. Thus you posting like you are walking around with your head firmly imbedded up your rump.

In regards to Alissa, she is indeed a beautiful, graceful skater who has given some wonderful moments to fans throughout her career. IF her career is over, I wish her the best in any future endeavors, as she seems to be a very mature, intelligent and gracious young lady. If her career isn't over, I wish her health and luck next season, and a beautiful return to the ice.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    I feel bad for Alissa but it wouldn't be untactful to show the whole video. There are videos all over youtube of skaters/athletes getting injured. Is that untactful? Is anyone going to complain and have them removed? Competitions happen in a public setting, not in the athlete's private home.

I already saw the original video and you couldn't even see anything because the video was so bad. It just looked like a regular fall.

If it happened at Nationals or the Olympics, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it replayed all over the place. But it happened at a tiny competition, where, despite an internationally known skater competing the stands were still barely peppered with spectators (and I bet that was close to everyone who was in the building at the time. At a regionals I went to, the building flocked to see Rohene Ward do his skate, with rumors he might be doing a quad, including skaters half-dressed in their costumes with events coming up. I can't imagine the extent people would go to get to see Czisny at a local non-qual comp.) But for the most part, it was a small competition that people wouldn't see- as private as comps go.

That said, I personally find it incredibly tacky when places like ESPN show over and over videos of athletes getting hurt. It makes me sad for the athletes and sad for their family and friends. Even more so when the injury is serious. I cannot imagine having to see, and other people watching over and over, a video of me breaking my neck, and it happened in a public place. I know I'm not a public figure, but public figures deserve respect too.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    We all know that. Thus you posting like you are walking around with your head firmly imbedded up your rump.
    Oh dear Kasey, like you would know anything about flexibility. You probably have trouble lifting your leg high enough to pee on a fire hydrant or tree. LOL.

Ad hominems go both ways, old girl.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-25-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Oh dear Kasey, like you would know anything about flexibility. You probably have trouble lifting your leg high enough to pee on a fire hydrant or tree. LOL.

Ad hominems go both ways, old girl.
    Ahh darling; living proof that no, you haven't seen me at any skating competition any time in the last several years. Perhaps your FSU spies or yourself are not fully up to date? Such a shame, when there are so many other things to insult me with, that you pick the one thing that no longer is applicable. Que sera sera.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Phil Hersh just tweeted that Alissa underwent surgery today for her dislocated hip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Phil Hersh just tweeted that Alissa underwent surgery today for her dislocated hip.
    ((((Alissa's hip)))))
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Here is more info on the surgery from Lynn Rutherford via USFS:

@LynnRutherford
    US Figure Skating: A Czisny had successful surgery to repair damage in the joint capsule of her left hip caused by hip dislocation on 1/12.

More on Czisny: Surgery was performed in Nashville by Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd. Czisny will be off the ice for approximately 6 weeks.
    My best wishes go out to Alissa for a complete recovery.

vCash
    Joining the best wishes for Alissa's recovery from surgery.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Surgery? Oh man, bad news realistically. Two surgeries in a matter of months? Same hip? I think Alissa is a gorgeous beautiful skater and spinner when she's not competing. And she's CoverGirl pretty. There is a place for her in skating, but I think Olympic dreams are over. Very sad, but the body does catch up with you, especially now in this sport where being bendy is almost required.

I apologize above for the catty comment. It's funny when you put someone on ignore, and then you always STILL see that they posted. I only had like one or two on ignore, yet this one ALWAYS shows up. I thought Ignore meant you see NADA of them. So finally I clicked on, thinking I didn't say anything remotely negative or nasty, and there she is, STILL making personal attacks at me. Like, honey, do you have a life? From the looks of things you don't. So I totally apologize, the ignore is back on for good, because what are the odds that I click on it's not another personal attack? Ugliness comes from the inside and is exponentiated on the outside. I am too scared to see what this person looks like, tbh. And sorry again, I didn't name names, didn't say I ignored X. No names. But I am sorry because you should hear my girlfriends and I talk, they are even worse to supposed threats and I play moderator. I'm not getting this overt nastiness from someone I've never met. I would venture to guess many former athletes know that feeling of stretching you leg out of its hip socket for that better extension, no? Well, I did, and was praised for my extension. Except around 30, it just wasn't happening, and everytime I pushed it I heard a scratch or a pull or a weird sound knowing that I exceeded my physical capability. And yet ingore lady still makes a personal attack. Funny that. But I was out of line, but I felt I needed to explain the backstory. The private messages were even worse. I can take it, as well as I can give it, but I thought this person was umm, too committed to her anger and nastiness than I was comfortable with, even she says she loves babies. Heck, I love babies too, and am the best 40 y/o babysitter to my friends' kids, so long as they are home by midnight. I don't feed or change diapers after midnight. That's someone else's issue...

But let's get back to Alissa once and for all.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-26-2013 at 05:55 AM.

vCash
    Not sure how Alissa is going to be able to come back with two surgeries in less then a year on the same hip. The body can only take so much.

vCash
    Wishing Alissa well.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Hypermobility is both a blessing and a curse in that one can achieve beautiful positions, but often at the cost of joint stability and injury. It's not so fun anymore when one starts to suffer from joint subluxation or worse in Alissa's case. I know from my own experiences that this may be long recovery and I wish her the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Another surgery on the same hip...

vCash
    Why didn't she take this whole season off?

It's not constructive for me to second guess her, but I want to ask if there was pressure on her to compete. She apparently wanted much to redeem herself (with or without pressures), but I'm wondering if somebody could have been a good influence on her and suggested she get ready for the Olympics with a season away from competition.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 02-04-2013 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    If there was pressure to compete, I think that it likely was internal pressure as much as any possible external pressure. She is an elite athlete that understands momentum is important to figure skaters- she needed to be able to go into the Olympic year with a strong showing this year. And clearly, based on the fact that she attended the practice competition, her training had been going well before she was reinjured, so she thought she could compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post

It's not constructive for me to second guess her, but I want to ask if there was pressure on her to compete. She apparently wanted much to redeem herself (with or without pressures), but I'm wondering if somebody might have been a good influence on her and suggested she get ready for the Olympics with a season away from competition.
    She didnt take the whole season off most likely because she was ready to compete. That simple. I saw her the week before her injury in practice and she looked like she never took any time off. Huge lutzes, monster flips, clean run throughs.

Also, there is a chance she's less concerned about this so called redemption lol. That redemption statement is dripping with the baggage of her disappointments. Alissa most likely just wants to move forward. I want her too as well. She's the sweetest girl ever and a beautiful skater. Redemption just obligates her to her past. She's probably just ready for her future. Just a guess

vCash
    I know the youtube vid of her competition in WI was not HDTV, but her jumps really did look bigger than ever. I was not expecting that!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Because hindsight is 20/20.

While it seems pretty obvious now that she came back too soon, that doesn't mean it was obvious at the time. I know people like to have someone or something to blame when things go wrong but sometimes no one did anything stupid or made any bad decisions and bad stuff happens anyway.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    http://sportcafe.ca/2013/01/21/athlete-triad-an-update/

Sportcafe has an interesting article re:Athlete Triad/Female Athlete Triad if any of you are interested in the health aspects with regard to athletes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast