Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    All of that pair skating NNN did was just an attempt to get on an Olympic team after injuring herself so badly she could no longer be competitive in singles. She should have just let well enough alone because that whole pairs skating stint was a waste of about 2 to 3 years of her time. Skaters usually do not know when their time is up..( Fumie Suguri) Let's hope that Alissa will listen to her body and not try and kill herself in the process of another comeback..
    I am sure Alissa will make the right decision for herself at the right time. For now, her focus has to be on getting healthy. She can make the skating related decision later, when things are clearer, one way or another.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Sorry, but you just sounded so preachy, I couldn't resist...
    Sorry, but the "Alissa is clearly done fo' sho'" crew was so clueless, I couldn't resist. Like rfisher said:

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    IceAlisa's response was more to the fact certain posters who made multiple negative posts about Alissa last spring have already jumped on the "career ending" bandwagon just as they did before and will soon segue into how she's an embarrassment to UFSFA and has always been held up because she beat their favorite skater in competition. We've heard it before. Frankly, nobody knows what the future will hold for her at this point. Those of us who admire her spirit and her skating, wish for a full recovery and aren't ready to consign her to the hasbeen spot. The future is her choice to make and I'm certain she'll do what is best for her.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    IceAlisa's response was more to the fact certain posters who made multiple negative posts about Alissa last spring have already jumped on the "career ending" bandwagon just as they did before and will soon segue into how she's an embarrassment to UFSFA and has always been held up because she beat their favorite skater in competition. We've heard it before. Frankly, nobody knows what the future will hold for her at this point. Those of us who admire her spirit and her skating, wish for a full recovery and aren't ready to consign her to the hasbeen spot. The future is her choice to make and I'm certain she'll do what is best for her.
    Oh please. Paranoid much?? The posters who were doubtful of a full return to competitive skating from Czisny sound more worried for her than anything.

I don't think it's just the hip injuries. It's also that she's getting older, at a time when Ashley Wagner is starting to peak and Gracie Gold is climbing.

vCash
    While I dont think she had any chance at the World team this year, I do think she had a chance with a good performance and good showing, say top 5 or 6, to be a contender for a possible Olympic team spot next year, especialy if the U.S regained 3 spots. However now I would say her chances at the Olympic team are next to nil. I still dont blame her for staying in and trying though, it is another year away. Her only chance is if the U.S regains 3 spots now, as I am pretty sure before Nationals next year the USFSA will have their chosen 2 pretty much, who will probably be held up at Nationals regardless how they perform (as we saw with Czisny in both 2009 and 2012 when she was in that role), and that 3rd spot (if there is one) will go to who skates best at Nationals.

I am very sorry about her unlucky accident, which I believe was just that. She was skating well in the clips I saw, and while I cant imagine the USFSA or U.S judges letting her go to Worlds in a pre Olympic year, I do think she would have put herself back in the conversation for next year with a nice competition had she gone.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is this thread going to go the way of Yuna's thread?

I do agree that Alissa likely would not have made the World team this year just because the USFSA judges are still reeling from her last year's Worlds performance. That would take time and several great performances from Alissa to forget. Hope to see it happen!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    That didn't take long. I must be psychic. Or just know the players.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I know, right?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    All right, Alissa-haters. Show yourselves! You've been caught red-handed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Sorry, but the "Alissa is clearly done fo' sho'" crew was so clueless, I couldn't resist. Like rfisher said:
    Yes, it is hard to resist, especially when the truth hurts...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    From the article, Jason seemed upbeat at least, and it looks like Alissa was fortunate to have such expert care available virtually on the scene.

While a full comeback to competitive skating would obviously be icing on the cake, here's to a complete, measured recovery and a clean bill of health for Alissa, first and foremost.
    ITA. Best wishes to her for a full recovery. Any future skating will be a bonus to all, fingers crossed.

vCash
    This is just horrible. All my best to Alissa for a full recovery.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-17-2013 at 04:07 AM.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    All of that pair skating NNN did was just an attempt to get on an Olympic team after injuring herself so badly she could no longer be competitive in singles. She should have just let well enough alone because that whole pairs skating stint was a waste of about 2 to 3 years of her time. Skaters usually do not know when their time is up..( Fumie Suguri) Let's hope that Alissa will listen to her body and not try and kill herself in the process of another comeback..
    She may have hurt herself trying to make an Olympics, but it's not a total loss. She has pairs experience for coaching and testing. That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    i dont understand why people get mad when other posters speculate on a FAN SIGHT!!! what the hell did Icealissa expect to see " hey... lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaya"? People come here to read and post. Posters range in ages. Fans here are also fans of other sports and have experiences with injuries that they bring. No one said they were the damn doctor!

I watched her train a few weeks ago and she looked beyond fantastic. Lutzing EVERYWHERE and doing 3 flips like they were doubles. The thing that bothers me about this is how whatever outcome effects Alissa beyond her skating years. She is such a genuinely kind person. SHe has been through so much in her career and this setback is rough. She gets heat from people when she makes errors but rarely gets credit for being the overcomer she is. I truly hope that no matter if she competes again and wins a major title of if her physicians advise her to retire that she moves forward being at peace with the decision and not having regrets. I also hope that whether her next chapter begins sooner or later that its prosperous.

Alissa, get well soon for YOURSELF!!!

vCash
    She's a lovely and graceful skater and a beautiful representative of this sport. I wish her the best and hope to see her skate many more times, whether for the United States or for herself.

vCash
    The initial reports sounded much more devastating. What a relief! I hope for the very best for her and I hope that, whatever she chooses to do next, she's happy.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    I wouldn't call NNN's pairs stint a total waste of time. I'm sure she was happy to be able to compete on the national stage again, and she and Themi gave us some great performances (not to mention winning a bronze at Skate America and Nationals in the 2006-2007 season). I'm sure NNN is happy she gave it a shot and has no regrets.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    All of that Pairs skating Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin did was just an attempt to get on an Olympic team after no longer being competitive in singles. Oh, wait...

I think it's up to NNN to determine whether a few years of pairs experience was worth the attempt.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Not Alissa, but an article about another athlete undergoing surgery for a torn hip labrum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-months.html
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Ouch, ouch, ouch! Even reading about it makes me cringe. I've had 3 hip surgeries, one of which left me in Critical Care for a week and I almost died. It sounds as if she can recover from this and be functional but not competitive. I certainly hope so. I would certainly worry about a repetition. A shame, such a lovely skater.

vCash
    I hope she recovers, but doesn't push things too hard. She has a lovely presence on the ice.

vCash
    Well, I'm really happy to read that this incident was not as serious as it originally sounded. That's a relief! Wishing Alissa a full recovery.

If she does decide to return to competitive skating, I hope she takes a very cautious approach. A dislocation is one thing, but surgical repair of a torn hip labrum is serious. She is such a beautiful skater. I hope she is able to continue skating. Period. Competing will indeed be the cherry on the sundae.

O-

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast