View Poll Results: What should be done with Sandy Hook?...Servey says.....

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be torn down it hold too many memories.

    13 43.33%
  • I think it would still be ok to send my kids back to school there

    5 16.67%
  • I think they should also renavate it if kids were to go back to class there.

    11 36.67%
  • other

    3 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,534
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    What do you think should be done with Sandy Hook Elementary?

    Ok everyone. They asked this in a News Story on TV. about the Sandy Hook shooting,so I thought I'd turn it into one of our threads. What do YOU think should be done with Sandy Hook?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,105
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello FSWer! I'm glad you're interested in Sandy Hook, it really was a tragedy and is worth talking about.

    However, as this is the section of FSU is devoted to skating, a thread about it should be in a separate location. And there are already, in fact, two threads about it:

    One is on mass shootings in general and what can be done about them. (in Politically Incorrect)

    The other was a general thread about the shootings as information was released. (on Off The Beaten Track)

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,534
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Hello FSWer! I'm glad you're interested in Sandy Hook, it really was a tragedy and is worth talking about.

    However, as this is the section of FSU is devoted to skating, a thread about it should be in a separate location. And there are already, in fact, two threads about it:

    One is on mass shootings in general and what can be done about them. (in Politically Incorrect)

    The other was a general thread about the shootings as information was released. (on Off The Beaten Track)
    LOL,ok,thanks. I wasn't really sure if this should be here,because I added a Poll. Or in Off-the Beaten Track for just off topic. It's hard to know the 2.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,105
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    The Trash Can is still only for things that are directly related to figure skating. Off The Beaten Track is for things that are off-topic from figure skating, and plenty of threads in Off The Beaten Track have polls Any sub-forum can have a poll if you want it to, they're not all relegated to The Trash Can.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,414
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Flood it with water so people can skate on it.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,534
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    The Trash Can is still only for things that are directly related to figure skating. Off The Beaten Track is for things that are off-topic from figure skating, and plenty of threads in Off The Beaten Track have polls Any sub-forum can have a poll if you want it to, they're not all relegated to The Trash Can.
    O-k. Thanks for your help. Because the destripption under the sub-forum (Polls and Crap), makes me think that it gos there,as long as there's a Poll. Can you please fix it for me? Thanks.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Flood it with water so people can skate on it.
    inappropriate..

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think they should not send kids back to the school until next year, but it makes no sense to destroy a perfectly good school building. If someone wants to pay for a new school, more power to them. I, as The Iron Lady, however, would never destroy a building that was serviceable. It is curious that these devastating shootings have occurred in other places, such as the Wisconsin Sikh temple, yet I don't believe anyone offered to build the people a new temple. The children who have been traumatized need therapy and community support. The school district should spend money on that. They do not need to be coddled endlessly, and of course the school building should be spiffed up and eventually reopened if it is in workable shape.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I, as The Iron Lady, however, would never destroy a building that was serviceable.
    wait...whaaat???

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,710
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think that like after the Amish school massacre-it should be torn down.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,414
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    inappropriate..
    It was a subtle attempt to point out that this poll has absolutely nothing to do with skating and therefore does not belong anywhere under Strictly Skating.

    The Admin needs to move this thread to Off the Beaten Track or Politically Incorrect or anywhere folks who only want to read about/talk about skating don't have to see it.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Torn down.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I think that like after the Amish school massacre-it should be torn down.
    I think it should all be evaluated based on the circumstances (cost of rebuilding, etc, and the opinions of the teachers there about going back next year or going back eventually in perhaps the next school year). It is really good to try to make a positive out of a negative, and I think it is wrong to assume that the location/building makes it impossible for the massacre's survivors to move forward and recover (or for children to feel safe there in the future; if the adults believe and know it is safer, then the children will feel safe). It really depends on how the community in general is coping, but again, I would hate to give these evil acts any more impact than they had to have. I don't think we can bring back our innocence for a while.

    I hope that everyone joins together and input is collected from the teachers, the parents and the children. Oftentimes children are more resilient when parents stay strong for them.

    I am most immediately worried about the grieving parents, and the members of the community who must be overwhelmingly grieving and at a loss how to deal with the trauma, anger, and sadness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •