vCash

Elena Glebova article

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/ar...ch-4189510.php
    Excerpts:
    Even fewer than two weeks away from the European Figure Skating Championship, Estonian figure skating pro Elena Glebova still has time for the kids.

Glebova, a 23-year old Estonian champion and two-time Olympian, stopped by the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich [CT] Saturday evening for a meet and greet with some of her young fans.
    Glebova's goal is to finish in the top five at the European Championship and in the top 10 at the World Figure Skating Championships in Ontario in March.
    Lea Ann Miller, a Greenwich resident, former Olympian, and now a choreographer and skating consultant, choreographed the [FS] routine Glebova will perform at the European Championship.

"It's really sexy," Miller said, explaining that Glebova will skate to Santana music. "It's really edgy and sophisticated. And she is in phenomenal shape."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Nothing against Elena here but...top 5?! Seriously? Has she ever even placed in the top 10?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    She was 10th in 2010. Top 5 is a bit ambitious, but other than Kostner, Tukt and Sotnikova, I can't really think of anyone left that's an absolute lock to finish ahead of her. Gedevanishvili, Marchei and Viktoria Helgesson could all score 15+ points higher, but neither one is a model of consistency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelena_Glebova

vCash
    Never mind. I confused her with another skater (and one championship with another).
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    ^How could you ever confuse Elena Glebova for ANYONE else?! Shame on you f_d. I still remember her SATC voids and her multi-coloured dye-job of a few seasons back.

I've always been a closet fan, though I didn't know she was only 23 ...she seems to have been round forever and a day.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I still remember the giant 'our diamond Elena' banner from the 2011 Winter Universiade. And yes, SATC was a gem of a program -of sorts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cik8ijoYFFU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    ^How could you ever confuse Elena Glebova for ANYONE else?! Shame on you f_d.
    I'm sorry.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I've always liked Elena. I really hope she achieve her goals.