Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I hate July and August because they are the hottest months here in Seatle! My brother just took off to Austrailia yesterday worrying that it is too hot there. He's starting his trip in Brisbane.
    I was in Brisbane at the beginning of December. Wasn't too bad because I was at the ice rink every day for Nationals, but they have hot humid weather which is worse than dry heat.

Some places this year have been so hot people's shoes are sticking to the road.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    we still have March to get through.
    Heh... third week of March last year we had 80-degree temperatures here in upstate NY. I also started my cycling season for the year on March 10, the day before we went on DST, and I didn't stop until early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Norlite
    I had SAD ( seasonal affective disorder) for years and years. Of course I then worked in an office with almost no windows or at least none close to me, and never saw sun or light. Hated January and February, horrible times.
    I have SAD as well, and I HATE this time of year. Ever since getting back into cycling in 2010 I've really become an outdoorsy person, and I hate exercising inside (except for contra dancing as that has a social aspect to it). I had to force myself to take down my Christmas tree yesterday. I put mine up the day after Thanksgiving and since it is artificial I can keep it up as long as I can, because there's nothing like hundreds of those tiny colored bulbs glowing to cheer me up.
    Last edited by Karina1974; 01-14-2013 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    I actually hate December more because of the shortest day being about Dec. 21/22. After I get over that hump, I start to get better and happier. Today, the sky will stay light until shortly after 5pm, and it only gets better through the rest of January, and through February until March 10, 2013, at least here in the Eastern US, when Daylight Savings Time starts, hooray less than two months left and staying lighter longer each day.

I am running a lot of plant light systems in my house, and I swear it helps with SAD, I've got lots of things, like scented geraniums and lavender, growing inside.

vCash
    I hate every single month of the year.

But yeah January is one of the more sucky ones.

vCash
    I am ok with January since it is my birthday month too. We usually are only getting into winter so there's usually not that much snow to get tired of. Just this past weekend it was almost 15C and the snow all melted!

I find February and March worse because by then I'm tired of the snow (which is usually dirty and not white anymore) and cold and just want my favourite season, spring, to commence.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I also hate January and always have. But as I've grown older, I've had reasons to hate it even more. I had an almost fatal car wreck on a January 22, and another year my precious cat Bandit had to be put down on a January 21. I might have to avoid next week altogether.

vCash
    I think January is a good actress. I like her on Mad Men.

I don't mind it as a month either. Figure skating takes up half of the month. The fall tv shows resume their schedule, old shows will return, and we even get some decent new shows that premier this month. Most people's resolutions hold up in January--it's usually Feb or Mar when they're broken.

vCash
    January and February are tough. I need to find things to celebrate, to stay upbeat. I always make a big deal about groundhog day and counting down till spring. And we celebrate fake holidays like "opposite day" and "national cheese day". I'm odd.

vCash
    Yeah, pretty much hate though I'd rate February as worse for sure (unless it's an Winter Olympics year). By then you're fully sick of winter but it's not generally warmer outside, and 4CC/Junior Worlds gets the worse online coverage of all events to boot.

vCash
    I suppose there is also this January - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQZ5AHUk2U
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12